Black and White Masquerade Ball in '07?

Started by boots01, November 14, 2006, 04:32:35 AM

Would you be interested in attending?

yes - black and white ball?  where's my egl outfit...?
54 (75%)
no - ballroom dancing...  you're kidding right?
1 (1.4%)
maybe - it's different, i'll give you that.
17 (23.6%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Voting closed: November 14, 2006, 04:32:35 AM

1Fireforge

I'll bet it's going to be digital music instead of a live band.  Though, if they get volunteers for live music, they could probably work something out... live music >>>>> music in a box.

Let's go VOLTRON force!

jeans

Oh, this sounds so fun! I'd totally be up for it.

Chloe

I PMed Angeljillbre about this.  Considerng she does manage the Masquerade to some extent, that mayeb she would know any news concerning about this.  Since, we all want to know SOOOO much about this~ :3
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

BrightHeart76

Quote from: "Chloe"I PMed Angeljillbre about this.  Considerng she does manage the Masquerade to some extent, that mayeb she would know any news concerning about this.  Since, we all want to know SOOOO much about this~ :3

Wohoo!  Great idea!  Please let us know if you find anything out!  :-)  I'm so excited at the chance that this might actually happen!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

DemonLordZabuza

hmmm...I wonder if I should get me a tux or just go with what I have...hmmm...we will see ;)

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

Ayanami Rei First Child

I think it really depends on what they have the dresscode being. Although we might still need a lot more action on here with more members. >.<

Pxe

I sure wish we could get a definate on this one so we can start putting together costumes I want to have time to make something fabulous....
A Servant is a Master in disquise...Kamasutra

Krnchichiri

Hmm... I think I heard something like it would most likely be on Saturday... ^^ *cough is going hint hint*

That's one of the main reasons why I want to room at Fanime... stay out all night, partying with my fellow con-goers.
Too bad I don't have a costume following the color coding. D:
Yuna the summoner isn't going to fit the color scheme.
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

Lizchan33

Quote from: "Krnchichiri"Hmm... I think I heard something like it would most likely be on Saturday... ^^ *cough is going hint hint*

That's one of the main reasons why I want to room at Fanime... stay out all night, partying with my fellow con-goers.
Too bad I don't have a costume following the color coding. D:
Yuna the summoner isn't going to fit the color scheme.

I like how everyone thinks you need to be in black and white....
black and white refers to tux colors which means it's a formal ball not a rave or a hard party.... you don't have to be in B&W

Eri Kagami

I'd be all for it. I've done ballroom competition before, and I'd love to go to something like this if Fanime does have such.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Liz-chan DOES make a good point. Although I think somewhere earlier on this thread they were talking about even formal dress being okay. It's about being fancier in terms of dress code, and I bet a lot of cosplay would make it in, and probably Summoner Yuna to. Don't quote me on it though.

RyannBTW

*makes note to create Hollow mask to wear with Soifong outfit*
Find me on Gaia:  Indigo Project

Current projects:
Merciful Goddess (Saiyuki):100%
InuYasha + Tetsusaiga: 100%
SnJ Shikamaru: 75%
Soi Fong (Bleach): 15%

Asa_Gohan

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Ayanami Rei First Child

IF it's necessary, which I doubt it would, a white mask of any kind would most likely suffice.

Hmmm....a hallow mask with Soi Fong WOULD be rather interesting...

Krnchichiri

Oh, I know you don't/wouldn't have to wear white and black. I though it would just be neater. ^^
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

ranma12

1Fireforge

If they make everyone wear a mask, then they should have simple masks that anyone can just walk up and borrow...ones that are no big deal if they get thrown away after.  BUT, it just so happens that I have like ten from a previous masquerade thing that I'll bring =))

- FF

Let's go VOLTRON force!

Krnchichiri

Ranma12- Masquerade balls are typically accompanied with people going around with masks on, hence the verb "masquerading". ^^ It provides some kind of mystery and sometimes it alters people's personalities because they feel more comfortable in a mask with no one that really knows them.

Hmm, I think I'll go to an art store and go and make one myself... ^^ It'll match with my cosplay.

Fireforge- I agree with that. Like, paper masks that are bland and cheap. ^^ That would be easier for other people who don't know that the event is happening that day. ^^
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

ranma12

Quote from: "Krnchichiri"Ranma12- Masquerade balls are typically accompanied with people going around with masks on, hence the verb "masquerading". ^^ It provides some kind of mystery and sometimes it alters people's personalities because they feel more comfortable in a mask with no one that really knows them.

Hmm, I think I'll go to an art store and go and make one myself... ^^ It'll match with my cosplay.

Fireforge- I agree with that. Like, paper masks that are bland and cheap. ^^ That would be easier for other people who don't know that the event is happening that day. ^^
well yeah, does any one know how to costume make a mask such as ichigo's hollow mask?

1Fireforge

Having done a little research into the making of masks (maybe I should start a new thread =), there two basic approaches you can use (the short short version):

1)  Purchase a pre-made mask form and build your mask on top of it.
Obviously the easiest solution, you can go to many arts stores and get a half mask or full mask (usually in plastic) and then paint, cover, paper mache, plaster, etc to get the shape and form you want.  

2)  Get someone's help and make a plaster (or alginate) mold of your face.  From there, you pour concrete or some such thing thing to create a sturdy "face" mold.  Then you can add play-doh or clay on top of the concrete form to change the geometry of the form.  Then, you stretch really wet leather around said form to approximate the mask you want, working the leather to take the shape that you want.  From there, you do the same as above, dying/painting the mask, adding feathers or hair or whatever.

For Ichigo's Hollow Mask, you could probably get a full face mask form very similar to that style in some halloween stores, trim it a bit, and then paint the stripes in.

- FF

Let's go VOLTRON force!