4 (28.6%)
...mmm...maybe
0 (0%)
..you gotta be crzy to let that happen
8 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: November 20, 2006, 09:16:22 AM

Magical Senpai

Some copypasta from a friend's LiveJournal, this has got to be the funniest story about getting a console at launch (if the story did happen, that is.)

QuoteFrom ebay user "thefttheft":

On Nov-17-06 at 23:22:28 PST, seller added the following information:

Please read the amazing story of how i got this ps3

i went out wednesday afternoon to the local walmart to start camping out. when i got there, there were already 12 people ther so i got in line being number 13. i talked around and found out the first 6 people there had been there since monday, total hardcore nerds all planning to keep them. bragging about how only they should get the system since theyve been there the longest. how they are so dedicated and how if you dont want to do the time, you shouldnt get a system. generally being complete assholes. good for them. we had a hours to pass so we became friends and played some cards and whatnot. the 6 guys in front kept to themselves and didnt associate with the rest of us. we were cool with each other leaving the line to get food, bathroom, smoke, etc since we all knew each other and as long as they were back in 30 minutes. i was about to leave to go buy some KFC for a good number of us and when i stepped out of line, one of the nerds shouted that if i left, i would lose my spot. the other guys told him that they were vouching for me and that i was just getting food but those 6 assholes didnt care. they said i leave, i lose my spot and that was the rules and they would call the manager (they had his number) to come out and enforce it. i said whatever and stayed in line.

a few hours later, the manager came out and told everyone that there were only going to be SEVEN available. they have them in their store and theyre not getting anymore. he told the people after # 7 they should leave if they wanted to not waste their time. me being number 13 should have left but i didnt, i wanted to stick around for a little bit more. everyone else left except me and the 7 other people that were getting it for sure. so the day goes on and i try to make friends with the nerds. i play mario kart on the ds with them and talk to them about the games they were getting. about an hour or 2 later, i tell im gonnna head home since im 8 in line and theres only 7 ps3s. one of them made some stupid joke about if i leave the line then i aint getting back in!! har har. so as im about to leave, i tell them im going to the vons next door and if any of them wanted any food or coffee and id bring it back to them. one of them said yea and all the rest like sheep followed and said yes too. they were gonna give me money but i told them it was on me since theyve been out here since monday. the 7th guy in line wanted some food and coffee and i told him id buy some for him also.

so i go to vons and buy 8 coffees, some food, and some x-lax laxatives. i bring it to my car and put some laxatives in 6 of the coffees and seperate them from mine and #7s. i pull back to walmart and bring all the drinks and food upfront. i give #7 his stuff and then the coffees with laxatives to the 6 nerds annd wish them good luck and go back to my car. i park it around the corner so i can still see them.

about 30 minutes later, #2 and 3 in line get up and it seemed like they were yelling to the other nerds. they both ran into walmart. seconds later (i guess all nerds have the same biology) #5 gets up and runs across the parking lot and into the trees and bushes somewhere. #1 is scrounging for this portapotty type thing he'd brought with him but he is squirting everywhere and all over his pants and their sleeping bags. he runs into walmart. at this time, i start my car and drive back to the walmart to claim my spot in line. when i get there #4 and 6 are gone but i dont know where. #7 is laughing his ass off so hard and i just smile at him. i call up 5 of the other people that i had made friends with that were in line with me ( i had their phone numbers cause i was gonne buy to food for everyone) and told them to get back to the walmart ASAP and get in line. Meanwhile, me and #7 threw all their shit into the parking lot and i claimed my spot as #1, him as #2. 4 and the people i had called arrived and got in line just as 1 of the nerds came running back and got #7. he started yelling saying they need their spots back. we all told them to fuck off, out of spot, out of line. it was all of us against him so he didnt say shit. the nerds came back and tried to start some shit but we just laughed, we told them it was their rule and to go fuck themselves and clean the shit off their pants. the called security and security came. security man was like WTF is that fuckin smell and looked at the nerds with shit all of them and kicked them off the grounds screaming LMAO. so that is how i got my ps3.

ip136

Quote from: "Crazy_Saiko"
Quote from: "ip136"While waiting in line for the Nintendo Wii (didn't have to get there until about 6am on Sunday. :D ) I encountered a younger fella who was apparently amazed at the fact that I was a girl, and a gamer girl no less.
And at one point in the conversation he actually said that "Girls flat out can't be better than guys at gaming. It's in their genetics."
To which I raised a curious brow and asked him if he would like to challenge me to a DDR Competition.
i f'n hate guys like that
I'd bring out the Guitar from Guitar Hero
... oh  but i wouldn't challenge him to GH..
i'd just start beating hiim with it..

Besides.. Gamer girls are not a rare commodity anymore..
.. and not uncommon either...

Why i told Loktera on Friday not to buy random games
he says, "like Guitar Hero II and Final Fantasy XII ?"
i say, "no.. they aren't random.. They are a necessity.."
I add, "i kinda think beatmania is kinda random though.."

But then it would be a waste of a perfectly good gaming guitar! XP
And yes, gamer girls are not rare at all anymore. Maybe like.. 10 years back, there were fewer to 'go around' as you could say (no horrible pun intended), but now a days, they're everywhere. It's still confuses me when people seem to think that both girls and guys don't mix. Or girls and comics for that matter. Oiy vey. O_o;

Re:Richie Likes Maids

That story... bah. If it were real... I would want to physically kick the sh*t out of that person if I were even the friend of one of those people. Sure, I considered doing something like that, but I didn't really do it because hey. I respect the fact that people there have been there for a LONG time.
But to denote people like that, just to turn around and sell it on ebay? Eff that. He needs a major kick in the balls, and then a possible extraction of said balls with a rusty butter knife. Nice and slow like.
And then we can hammer those new 'hurricane' nails into his body every time he tried to break free of the punishment....
Maybe we could shave his head and cut off his ears too. . .
Then sew them to his butt. . . Just because it would be funny. <.<;
But I checked for the user on ebay and they don't even exist.
Clicky my Art Pwease?

topnotch97

my only gripe is that you have to walk down to the other side of the Target store. electronics is on the waaaayyyyy back. i think it was a lot worse for targets that are like two floors. their electronics section is on the floor, so you have to do a long trek.  :wink:

so anyone from Daly City who got a Wii from Target Daly City? i heard about 200 consoles. any luck?
Retired from Fanime.
Thinking of coming back. :D

trupnoi

Quote from: "ip136"While waiting in line for the Nintendo Wii (didn't have to get there until about 6am on Sunday. :D ) I encountered a younger fella who was apparently amazed at the fact that I was a girl, and a gamer girl no less.
And at one point in the conversation he actually said that "Girls flat out can't be better than guys at gaming. It's in their genetics."
To which I raised a curious brow and asked him if he would like to challenge me to a DDR Competition.

wow you actually challenged a kid in DDR.... wow... and how can you guys say that beatmania is random? beatmania before DDR lol just not as popular because it is harder lol... i gonna wait for a while to get both cause one, 1st batch of systems usually have some sort of defect to them and stuff and second i'm not in the US currently...

Crazy_Saiko

Quote from: "~~Loktera~~"
Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "Crazy_Saiko"I add, "i kinda think beatmania is kinda random though.."

I feel so offended. XD

What she meant though was that there wasn't necessarily a reason why I bought the thing other than "Hey, a domestic release of Beatmania, how cool is that?" *Snag*

Which is, in itself, kinda random.
it's not like Beatmania isn't a good game..
it's just..
random...
<br />Please, PM me if you\'re curious.

Asa_Gohan

Quote from: "Crazy_Saiko"I add, "i kinda think beatmania is kinda random though.."

I feel so offended. XD

What she meant though was that there wasn't necessarily a reason why I bought the thing other than "Hey, a domestic release of Beatmania, how cool is that?" *Snag*

it's just..
random...
Tell me how its random >.< things like people who make bad stepfiles are random. Beatmania isnt random. For each key gives off a different note and if you dont press the note you dont get the sound. Basically your DJing. thats the reason why there is the turn table.  there are other things but im too lazy to post...

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Asa_Gohan"Tell me how its random >.<

Rottel-the-Mercury

Enjoy.
epic progressive

vox

G.I.R

Quote from: "mDuo13"
Quote from: "G.I.R"I already posted this in the "Post a Video" topic, but since it's relevent I moved it here.

WTF? :shock:
*sigh*
The lengths people will go for mild internet infamy. I like the people who are yelling out, "Can I have the controllers?" in the background.

...Oooooh, I really don't like where this trend is going.:x
At least we won't see a "Smash My Phantom" video.

Crazy_Saiko

Quote from: "Asa_Gohan"

I feel so offended. XD

it's just..
random...
Tell me how its random >.< things like people who make bad stepfiles are random. Beatmania isnt random. For each key gives off a different note and if you dont press the note you dont get the sound. Basically your DJing. thats the reason why there is the turn table.  there are other things but im too lazy to post...
i dunno.. I think Beatmania should stay as it was.. in the arcade
it was much better that way...
the songs were better
the feeling was better
the game for the PS2 lost that..
it's just as random as the Mobile Suit Gundam game for the PS3

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: "G.I.R"
Quote from: "mDuo13"
Quote from: "G.I.R"I already posted this in the "Post a Video" topic, but since it's relevent I moved it here.

WTF? :shock:
*sigh*
The lengths people will go for mild internet infamy. I like the people who are yelling out, "Can I have the controllers?" in the background.

...Oooooh, I really don't like where this trend is going.:x
At least we won't see a "Smash My Phantom" video.
Omg. Poor baby system... T.T

Just because its a ps3.... It has a spirit too. D:
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

trupnoi

Quote from: "Crazy_Saiko"i dunno.. I think Beatmania should stay as it was.. in the arcade
the songs were better
the feeling was better

the only reason that it has better songs is that the game is not a complete port of the arcade version like Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting or Street Fighter Alpha. and plus they have to license songs and stuff, that is the reason for the lackluster of songs.

neko ewen

I managed to get a Wii by camping out in front of a Sears for two and a half hours, thereby being first in like for the 6 Wiis they had in stock. It's already worth every penny. :)

Quote from: "ip136"And at one point in the conversation he actually said that "Girls flat out can't be better than guys at gaming. It's in their genetics."
People have some really amazingly narrow definitions of what constitutes "gaming" sometimes. Other times they're just being dumb.
Yaruki Zero Games | Ask me about Maid RPG
"I dream heavy metal but I live whiny punk rock."

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "trupnoi"
Quote from: "Crazy_Saiko"i dunno.. I think Beatmania should stay as it was.. in the arcade
the songs were better
the feeling was better

the only reason that it has better songs is that the game is not a complete port of the arcade version like Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting or Street Fighter Alpha. and plus they have to license songs and stuff, that is the reason for the lackluster of songs.

Apparently, neither of you have played the Japanese CS releases. :3 A lot of the IIDXers were relatively disappointed by IIDX US, pointing out "OH MY GOD WE CAN PLAY THE CUBE* ON A MODERN INTERFACE!" And then they started to devour Internet Ranking up, since they had the skills way before anyone else did. Not just that, but two of the songs -- Toxic and You Really Got Me -- got Another charts in IIDX RED CS which are much more fun than the existing charts from US. (As an aside, I want an Another chart for the rest of the US charts.)

Secondly: If I remember correctly, they've had great success in porting over most if not all of the licenses per mix. Not only that, but they've also been known to add some more (some recent examples: Go Berzerk (RED CS) and Strong Woman feat. DABO (10th CS)).

* History Lesson~ |  The Cube: A 5th Style song. IIDX recieved a major graphical overhaul when it hit 9th Style, stemming from cabinet upgrades from PS-based hardware to Windows-embedded hardware, which remains to this day (9th-14 GOLD). Combined with the insane scarcity of IIDX machines in America, the inclusion of The Cube (and others) on (albeit bastardization of) the 9th Style interface was welcomed. The funny thing is, some of the songs -- The Cube included -- were released on the graphically superior IIDX RED CS a couple of months later.
epic progressive

vox

Barnes

Another SJMN article:

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/business/16095743.htm

Quote from: "Tech Ticker"Nintendo's Wii game console sells out

Nintendo's Wii game console sold out in some U.S. stores as shoppers snapped up limited supplies in Friday's kickoff to the holiday shopping season.

Nintendo, based in Kyoto, Japan, pledged to ship 4 million of the $250 Wii consoles by the end of the year and replenish supplies at a rate of 250,000 a week. That led stores to express confidence they wouldn't disappoint shoppers. Some retailers took pre-orders, meaning customers didn't have to wait in lines when the consoles first went on sale Nov. 19.

Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft, maker of the Xbox 360, are vying for leadership in the $20 billion console market. Microsoft got the jump by coming out with the Xbox 360 last year.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Crazy_Saiko

the songs were better
the feeling was better

Apparently, neither of you have played the Japanese CS releases. :3 A lot of the IIDXers were relatively disappointed by IIDX US, pointing out "OH MY GOD WE CAN PLAY THE CUBE* ON A MODERN INTERFACE!" And then they started to devour Internet Ranking up, since they had the skills way before anyone else did. Not just that, but two of the songs -- Toxic and You Really Got Me -- got Another charts in IIDX RED CS which are much more fun than the existing charts from US. (As an aside, I want an Another chart for the rest of the US charts.)

Secondly: If I remember correctly, they've had great success in porting over most if not all of the licenses per mix. Not only that, but they've also been known to add some more (some recent examples: Go Berzerk (RED CS) and Strong Woman feat. DABO (10th CS)).

* History Lesson~ |  The Cube: A 5th Style song. IIDX recieved a major graphical overhaul when it hit 9th Style, stemming from cabinet upgrades from PS-based hardware to Windows-embedded hardware, which remains to this day (9th-14 GOLD). Combined with the insane scarcity of IIDX machines in America, the inclusion of The Cube (and others) on (albeit bastardization of) the 9th Style interface was welcomed. The funny thing is, some of the songs -- The Cube included -- were released on the graphically superior IIDX RED CS a couple of months later.

dammit.. Loktera was right
He predicted that you would say that..

*sigh*

~~Loktera~~

the songs were better
the feeling was better

dammit.. Loktera was right
He predicted that you would say that..

*sigh*

What can I say? I know my friends ^_~
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Crazy_Saiko

...Anyways.. this is a PS3 and Wii thread

not a How Beatmania great or random thread...

Spiritsnare

::HIJACKS!!::

SO LIEK I HEARD THAT DDR MARIO MIX STILL WORKS WITH THE WII-- ::gets shot::
epic progressive

vox

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"::HIJACKS!!::

SO LIEK I HEARD THAT DDR MARIO MIX STILL WORKS WITH THE WII-- ::gets shot::
well, seeing as how Wii can play gamecube games as well, that is CORRECT!
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

platinum edge

Be careful with how you use the Wii controller...a collection of various Wii-related stories, involving the controller or objects around the Wii controller being broken.
Always chase after your dreams, and never forget why you are pursuing them.