4 (28.6%)
...mmm...maybe
0 (0%)
..you gotta be crzy to let that happen
8 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: November 20, 2006, 09:16:22 AM

G.I.R

Quote from: "platinum edge"Be careful with how you use the Wii controller...a collection of various Wii-related stories, involving the controller or objects around the Wii controller being broken.
Bwuhahahah!  

And I actually predicted this back in June on the"Nintendo Revolution Controller" topic!

Barnes

Cool:

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/business/16113595.htm

Quote from: "TechTicker"Nintendo: Wii sales top 600,000 in 8 days

Nintendo said Monday that it sold more than 600,000 Wii video-game consoles in the Americas during the product's first eight days on the market as the company battled to take sales from Sony's PlayStation 3.

Sales of consoles, games and accessories totaled about $190 million, Nintendo said in an e-mailed statement. The Wii went on sale Nov. 19, two days after the PlayStation 3.

The company has positioned the $250 Wii as a simpler, cheaper alternative to the PlayStation 3, which has a more powerful processor and sells for $499 and $599.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Foxwolfe

And I gave my friend my ticket for the last Wii at the EB we went to on black friday (there was 3 and me and the 2 others with me took up spots 2-3-4 in line, me being number 3). Damn me.

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR!  You can join too,

but dont do it now, wait till the last possible minute ^_^

G.I.R

Okay.  So it's not the Wii, or PS3, but: Spotted at the 2007 L.A. Auto show...

A 2007 Reno with not one, but two X-Box 360's installed! (one in the dashboard, one in the centre consol).

Crazy_Saiko

microsoft....

*shivers*
<br />Please, PM me if you\'re curious.

Spiritsnare

When I get a Wii and its warranty expires, I'm going to install this sucker.
epic progressive

vox

gmontem

Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

G.I.R

ZIMdudeAlchemist

Quote from: Crazy_Saiko on November 20, 2006, 09:55:40 AM
More PS3 Line Madness

Posted by sjohnson - Thursday, November 16, 2006 3:51 PM
The weird stories from the PlayStation 3 lines keep coming in:

In Cary, North Carolina, a clever entrepreneur is hiring the homeless to wait in PlayStation 3 lines for them. Apparently, a truck full of homeless dudes rolled up and got in line. Later the truck returned bearing food for the men.

Hmmm... is it exploiting the homeless or a good day's pay? You decide.

A completely unverified internet posting tells the story of a dude who robbed an entire line of 30 people at Best Buy. The poster swears the story is 100% true. And if I guy says it's true on the internet, it must be, right?

Finally, here's the weirdest story of all:

The guys from ScrewAttack.com are lining up for a PlayStation 3, and they're not going to profit on eBay with it or hoard all the good games. They're auctioning off their place in line and giving the cash to children's charities... weird! And awesome. Way to be selfless, screw attack.

[provided by G4]

I would'nt call that story wierd, I'd call it kickass! I've been a ScrewAttack g1 for at least a couples of month, but a fan since last November, and they always seem to be amaze us with their great energy and cool site content, including the Angry Video Game Nerd, their SideScrollers podcast, Top 10s, etc. Like Fanime, ScrewAttack has a bit of that "By fans, for fans" feel for me as a gamer, unlike other sites like 1up.com or GameStop with all of their bitchy members.

Anyways... That PS3 auction wasn't their only generous act, back in May of '08, during the Smash Bros. Brawl launch they auctioned off an advanced copy of the game and once again.... gave the money charity. Here's the twist, some douchebag out of nowhere while they were recording and complained about not wanting to be recorded and threatened to both stop the auction and arrest Stuttering Craig and High School Ben. But when the cop came in, they realized that the culprit is just making an as of himself and the arrest backfired on him + they booked him. EPIC!
You can see the video here: http://www.screwattack.com/Random/ScrewAttackFirst

I'm proud to be a ScrewAttack g1. ^_^