4 (28.6%)
...mmm...maybe
0 (0%)
..you gotta be crzy to let that happen
8 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: November 20, 2006, 09:16:22 AM

Crazy_Saiko

Please share any stories you have when you were in line waiting for the Wii and/or PS3.

There are a lot things that happened like someone gettign shot and mad riots and or even MASSIVE AMOUNTS of people racing...

it's crazy...
<br />Please, PM me if you\'re curious.

Crazy_Saiko

Crazy_Saiko

More PS3 Line Madness

Posted by sjohnson - Thursday, November 16, 2006 3:51 PM
The weird stories from the PlayStation 3 lines keep coming in:

In Cary, North Carolina, a clever entrepreneur is hiring the homeless to wait in PlayStation 3 lines for them. Apparently, a truck full of homeless dudes rolled up and got in line. Later the truck returned bearing food for the men.

Hmmm... is it exploiting the homeless or a good day's pay? You decide.

A completely unverified internet posting tells the story of a dude who robbed an entire line of 30 people at Best Buy. The poster swears the story is 100% true. And if I guy says it's true on the internet, it must be, right?

Finally, here's the weirdest story of all:

The guys from ScrewAttack.com are lining up for a PlayStation 3, and they're not going to profit on eBay with it or hoard all the good games. They're auctioning off their place in line and giving the cash to children's charities... weird! And awesome. Way to be selfless, screw attack.

[provided by G4]

shortpachoo

While I was waiting in line here is something that happened:

- Early in the night probably around 12am-1am, this couple came up to the line and try to sell us a Wii.  They said the had a extra Wii, because they had bought one for someone but they had got it already.  No one answered them we just sat there and looked at them and they tried once more but no one wanted it and they left.  Most likely they were trying to rob us or do something if they got us out of the line.

- this one  really doesn't count as a story but we there was this group of teenagers that drove by, that were probably drunk, yell something at everyone in line but no one could understand them.

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

Crazy_Saiko

Sony Losing Money On Each PS3 Sold

Posted by sjohnson - Friday, November 17, 2006 9:28 AM

eBay entrepreneurs may be making a killing off resales of the coveted PlayStation 3, but Sony itself is losing money on each system sold, according to researchers iSuppli.

iSuppli conducted a cost-analysis of the PlayStation 3 and discovered the hardware for the 20-gigabyte PS3 costs $805.85. That's $306.85 more than the stated list price of $499. The 60GB model hardware costs $840.35--$241.35 more than the $599 sticker price.

"The reason why the PlayStation 3 is so costly to produce is because it has incredible processing power," Andrew Rassweiler,  senior analyst for iSuppli told GameSpot. "If someone had shown me the PlayStation 3 motherboard from afar without telling me what it was, I would have assumed it was for a network switch or an enterprise server."

Sony's loss is your gain, of course: If you can pick up a PS3 at list price, you're getting a hell of a deal on the raw power of the system.

Don't cry for Sony though. They'll make all their money by allowing developers to make games for the thing.

Provided by G4

topnotch97

Retired from Fanime.
Thinking of coming back. :D

Crazy_Saiko

BY CAPCOM?!?!?!

omg...
i thought the image was enough..
but to put CAPCOM on there...

that's gotta hurt

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "topnotch97"to sum things up:

You sir win this thread.

My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

shortpachoo

How about the person that paid $900 dollars for Sony Playstations, 3 of them, thinking it was the PS3.

Link to the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300050305788&rd=1&rd=1

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

ip136

While waiting in line for the Nintendo Wii (didn't have to get there until about 6am on Sunday. :D ) I encountered a younger fella who was apparently amazed at the fact that I was a girl, and a gamer girl no less.
And at one point in the conversation he actually said that "Girls flat out can't be better than guys at gaming. It's in their genetics."
To which I raised a curious brow and asked him if he would like to challenge me to a DDR Competition.
Clicky my Art Pwease?

Crazy_Saiko

Quote from: "ip136"While waiting in line for the Nintendo Wii (didn't have to get there until about 6am on Sunday. :D ) I encountered a younger fella who was apparently amazed at the fact that I was a girl, and a gamer girl no less.
And at one point in the conversation he actually said that "Girls flat out can't be better than guys at gaming. It's in their genetics."
To which I raised a curious brow and asked him if he would like to challenge me to a DDR Competition.
i f'n hate guys like that
I'd bring out the Guitar from Guitar Hero
... oh  but i wouldn't challenge him to GH..
i'd just start beating hiim with it..

Besides.. Gamer girls are not a rare commodity anymore..
.. and not uncommon either...

Why i told Loktera not to buy random games
he says, "like Guitar Hero II and Final Fantasy XII ?"
i say, "no.. they aren't random.. They are a necessity.."
I add, "i kinda think beatmania is kinda random though.."

G.I.R

I already posted this in the "Post a Video" topic, but since it's relevent I moved it here.

WTF? :shock:

mDuo13

Quote from: "G.I.R"I already posted this in the "Post a Video" topic, but since it's relevent I moved it here.

WTF? :shock:
*sigh*
The lengths people will go for mild internet infamy. I like the people who are yelling out, "Can I have the controllers?" in the background.

Personally, my friend rode out to get in line for Wii at 1am Sunday morning, but when we got to Target, this guy walked up and told us that all the units were spoken for - there were only like 20, not the 60 we had expected; the later number was, he said, the number before Christmas, not the number on the first day. He did, however, give us directions to a nearby Wal-Mart where they'd gotten reports that there weren't been many people in line, some time ago. Along the way, we spotted a Target with some 40+ people in line and nobody with any idea how many units there'd be; nearby was the Wal-Mart, which had apparently opened at midnight and sold out within the hour. After doing some donuts in the parking lot, we pretty much gave up, though we saw yet another Target with a sizeable line from the freeway.

Final rating: disappointed that I'm not playing just yet, but slightly relieved that I will be able to get schoolwork done this week after all.

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Crazy_Saiko"I add, "i kinda think beatmania is kinda random though.."

I feel so offended. XD
epic progressive

vox

mDuo13

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "Crazy_Saiko"I add, "i kinda think beatmania is kinda random though.."

I feel so offended. XD
I was waiting for that one.

Also, I love the Dead Rising "PS3 Launch" image. Whoever made that is freaking awesome.

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"

I feel so offended. XD

What she meant though was that there wasn't necessarily a reason why I bought the thing other than "Hey, a domestic release of Beatmania, how cool is that?" *Snag*

Which is, in itself, kinda random.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

otakuapprentice

well, mine isnt much of a story as it is a really fsck'ed up thing to do to a person.

i had my wii preordered at my job, but i didnt pick it up sunday because i felt like crap from saturday night, and i was really tired. i had my phone off for the majority of the day, and thats where this happens. today i go to the store, with gamecube in hand to trade in, when my boss tells me that they sold my wii, the system that i was GUARANTEED at launch, to some other guy because he couldnt get a PS3. and who said it would be fine to do this? the former manager of the very same store. apparently, they tried to call me and ask me if it would be okay or not. i guess he decided, "hey, lets just sell the system he already put $50 bucks down on to some other guy!"

personally, i never had a problem with my former boss before this, but now i hate his **&&%#%$%&#$#*^(*^%$(*$%^#$#@ guts. he had no right to make that decision. So, now i have to fsck'ing wait until the second shipment for my system. yea, today was not, i repeat NOT a good day for me.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

-zoxan-

WTF, NO SHIT?!?!?!

I say rape his ass. Feed him to Jack the Ripper. And hope Jack the Ripper is gay.

Someone buy me a PuchiPuchi Prease~

G.I.R

And how many homes is this happening in today?

Foxtrot

Raydere

EB Games with 140 Wiis at a mall. 30-35th in line. I was initially gonna wait until Trauma Center or PangYa to buy a game, but I changed my mind and got Red Steel later in the afternoon.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2