Parapara Workshop!

Started by serajwl, November 25, 2006, 01:22:26 PM

Kava

Para para is a cool game. I remember watching a friend's boyfriend get into this at a golf land arcade one day and he had us all in stitches because he was going at it like he was doing kung-fu, it was great.

The only thing I'd be concerned with is whether or not we'd be able to fulfill the technical requirements for such a panel, so be sure and consider what you'd need, and then let us know as early as you can, and we'll see if we can make it happen.

~Rena
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

zoupzuop2

Quote from: Kava on November 12, 2007, 12:50:18 PM
Para para is a cool game. I remember watching a friend's boyfriend get into this at a golf land arcade one day and he had us all in stitches because he was going at it like he was doing kung-fu, it was great.

The only thing I'd be concerned with is whether or not we'd be able to fulfill the technical requirements for such a panel, so be sure and consider what you'd need, and then let us know as early as you can, and we'll see if we can make it happen.

~Rena
Umm, with all due respect, you're talking about ParaparaParadise, the dance SIMULATOR that has players do things that CLOSELY RESEMBLE Parapara, if not the parapara routine itself. Parapara dancing itself is not dependent on the game/machine.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

KyraEnsui

XD Oh man. I love Para Para Paradise. My friends and I had a little competition with each other last year in the game room. I always play it at Fanime in my cosplay outfit. I would so join this and I'll bring my friends too!

Quote from: zoupzuop2 on November 15, 2007, 12:27:45 PM
Quote from: Kava on November 12, 2007, 12:50:18 PM

~Rena
Umm, with all due respect, you're talking about ParaparaParadise, the dance SIMULATOR that has players do things that CLOSELY RESEMBLE Parapara, if not the parapara routine itself. Parapara dancing itself is not dependent on the game/machine.

If you know the moves by heart with the music, there's no need game/machine. I know I can do moves without them since I can't always go to arcades.

Yukari Kaiba

i would love it if there was a parapara panel/workshop. the only routine i know is Night of Fire (i also know the rountines to Mokette Sailor Fuku and Hare Hare Yukai, but those aren't really full para para routines?). anyways, id totally be up for some kind of workshop, it'd be a lot of fun :D
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

otakuya

Hare Hare Yukai, Sailor Fuku, etc... aren't exactly Para Para dances, but still just as fun to do.

For "real" anime related Paras, see Yoko Ishida's Para Para MAX series. In it, there's a LOT of eurobeat remixes to classic anime songs and a corresponding Para Para dance. I wanna buy the DVD and I'd like to learn all of it...maybe as a panel with Yoko Ishida there?

Cosplay Cyborg

I was in Little Tokyo last month for a mini cosplay event that some of us on cosplay.com organized... While I was there, some of the other girls ran over to the arcade shouting some nonsense about para-something. Upon further inspection, I discovered they were talking about a strange DDR-style game with hand movements rather than feet movements. It even had the little arrows!

I was intrigued, to say the least. I later learned it was called "Para Para". Someone explained to me that in order to do well in the game you would need to know the routines beforehand. So I gave up on playing, although I really wanted to try.

Yeah. To make a long story short, I think I may be interested in this workshop. ^_^

otakuya

In reality, you don't really need the arcade to dance Para Para. The arcade game shows you how to do some simple paras and simplifies it more with the player following arrows like DDR. There hasn't been any new Para Para Paradise arcade games since 2nd Mix (and probably won't be any more), but there has been a lot more Para Para dances that can be done without a machine.
Basically, most Eurobeat songs out there has their own Para Para dance attached to it. [ex. almost all songs in Initial D (arcade and anime) are danceable; I know the Paras to most of the bgms in Arcade Stages 3 and 4 ^_^,,,]

Tur713

My sister (who is not registered on the forums yet) says she might be interested in teaching a couple of routines she's been learning since she's only going to do one for Masquerade. I'll try to keep you posted on that. ;D
Founder - Fanime Dating Dojo

naruto_ramen_1

This sounds like fun :)

I love Para Para! The music is great and it's so much fun! 

Dattebayo!

iheartjrock

I've always wanted to learn Parapara! ^_^

robozombisaurus

me and my friend sonya know most of the dance.she know more.i think they are fun and its awsome to know cuz when our playing para para and you know the dance ppl tend to stare at you more :}
Pinkie pie- my little pony
Missing no. Snorlax & Sylveon- Pokemon
Lumpy space princess- Adventure time
Stocking,geek boy(gender bent)- panty and stocking

Kava

That sounds great to me then! I'll be looking for the panel request form for this.

Oh, and don't worry about telling me I misunderstood something. There's a LOT that I don't know, and I'm well aware of it. I'm not offended when you tell me I didn't get something.

Thanks!
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels