Minors renting a room

Started by MissNintendo, November 27, 2006, 04:33:58 PM

MissNintendo

Sorry if this has already been asked -_-'

A large group of my friends and I plan on renting a few rooms for fanime this year. The problem is we are all 17, so we're still minors. And from what we understand you must br 18 to rent a room.

I was wondering if there was a way for us to still get a room or two, without our parents or a nonminor staying with us.Any help would be great.
Cosplays I'm wearing for Fanime 08:
Belle-Disney's Beauty and the Beast
Rinoa-FFVIII(Dion Roger's version)
Kasumi-Dead or Alive
Princess Peach-Mario Bros. Series
Lara Croft-Tomb Radier

LinLinLucy

I beleve that a parent or someone else would have to rent the room, and check you guys in, since you have to be 18 and with a CC ( I think) But i dont think a parential figure has to be present throughout the duration, just don't be loud and all that jazz

FanFicGuru

From what I understand, the person over 18 just has to be present at Check in and Check out. If you were all like, 15 or something it might be a little more troublesome, but as long as the adult is there to check you guys in and then check out the day you leave I don't think supervision is required in between.

Again, I wouldn't know for sure.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Tuplica

I can't speak for the Marriott- but for the Hilton, yes, you need an adult to check you in, but you don't need one to check you out.  The Hilton has one of those auto-checkout systems if you use a credit card where all you have to do is leave, you don't have to inform them or anything, so no checkout adult is required either.
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

phoenixphire24

At the Sainte Claire I just had to show ID when checking in, not out, so just have an adult with you then.

Shi_Musouka

Actually, you're allowed to put reserve the room under your name. They usually don't take age into consideration as long as you have an adult to check you in(and it has to be the parent of the person whose name the room is under) as well as the credit card used to reserve the room.

It might differ from hotel to hotel. I reserved a room under my name for Fanime 2006 and neither the Marriott nor CMR had complaints, though I still needed a parent(and the credit card) to check in for me(none of my underage roomates needed their parents for checking in).

Kegan_Flame

well, i can't say for sure what the rules are.. but last year i booked a room at the hilton under my name, i was 17 at the time, and i payed for it and everything, they never checked my ID or asked my name... granted i had a credit card.. so they probably thought i was.. but yeah

FanFicGuru

Of course, Craige would be the final word on that stuff, so when in doubt, PM him, as he is the GOD of Hotel information.

^_^
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Tuplica

Quote from: "Kegan_Flame"well, i can't say for sure what the rules are.. but last year i booked a room at the hilton under my name, i was 17 at the time, and i payed for it and everything, they never checked my ID or asked my name... granted i had a credit card.. so they probably thought i was.. but yeah

Yeah, actually, same here... they didn't check for an ID last year, and the last time I went when I was underage I went through all this trouble to get an official ID and they didn't check it then either.  Hm!  Still, if you want a sure bet, you'd be better off dragging an adult in than potentially getting turned away, that'd be a bummer.
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.