The MOE thread!

Started by LastElixir, November 29, 2006, 08:35:18 PM

LastElixir

Ok, after some discussion with my fellow fanime board members, I think it's time for the official MOE thread for moe-related discussions. Talk about anything here, your favorite moe, your favorite girl/boy, favorite moe situations, anything goes. Traps are welcomed too.

The rules are simple!

-All posts in this thread must be moe-related.
-All posts must be kept somewhat clean. lol
-Please keep it hate-free.
-Be as geeky as you can be.
-Have fun!

New to Moe? Get some basic information Here

Now Moe-it-up!

萌え萌え~

J

ps  i will be putting up some sort of a moe chart or list soon, but I don't have the time today.

Spiritsnare

Also, to all onlookers: I'd like to reiterate that this thread doesn't necessarily limit the subject matter to just girls. Guys can be moe, too. (OK, so that's an extreme example, but guys can indeed have traits that turn you on.)
epic progressive

vox

LastElixir

what about honey (hani) senpai from ouran? very moe imo.

Moe Lesson of the day: Moe 萌え's antonym in Japan is Nae 萎え. nae pretty much means "to lose strength" or "to become flaccid", yes, use your dirty imagination. You can scream Nae like you scream Moe whenever you see something that's totally not moe.

example:
bro 1: dude! look at that bridget cosplay dude! that's totally not bridget!
bro 2: dude thats not cool! NAE~!
bro 1: extreeeme!

j

-zoxan-

Someone buy me a PuchiPuchi Prease~

Tsubasa

Moe of the moment: tsundere.

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"Also, to all onlookers: I'd like to reiterate that this thread doesn't necessarily limit the subject matter to just girls. Guys can be moe, too. (OK, so that's an extreme example, but guys can indeed have traits that turn you on.)
And on the note of moe males, the current one for me is Miyanokouji Mizuho of Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru. <3
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

LastElixir

any other gretel fans out there?

killer lolis = moe win

j

Sunara Ishi

Ooo... yummy.

Still favoring cute expressions and stoic girls. XD

As for male moe... I guess Jun from Happiness!.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Chun

4 Hit Combo~

Oh, can't forget China.

Ho hum~

Quite amazing as to how versatile moe can be.

Though I'd love to discuss the unbelievable power that imouto type characters hold; it's impossible NOT to love that archetype.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Chun"Though I'd love to discuss the unbelievable power that imouto type characters hold; it's impossible NOT to love that archetype.
I must concur.  It's definately one of my favorite moes.

And emotionless, taciturn girls are also love.  When moe is inversely proportional to how much the character talks. XD
-Tsubasa

Spiritsnare

You know, speaking of imouto-kei, did you guys hear about Kyon's Sis getting an image album of her own? It's supposedly official.

Link will come up later.
epic progressive

vox

LastElixir

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"You know, speaking of imouto-kei, did you guys hear about Kyon's Sis getting an image album of her own? It's supposedly official.

Link will come up later.

as much as i think they are milking it, huzzah!

as for imouto type? dont even get me started. I could write an essay (as always) but you got nothing on riko-tan and alice.

j

mDuo13

The quiet but honest and vaguely depressed type... moeeee~! (Shiori, Subaru, Nagato Yuki?)

On the subject of male moe, I think I'd sooner go gay for Light than for Bridget. Somehow, disguising oneself as a girl is kind of... nae...

P.S. Ashley from Trace Memory (minus the generic name) is quite moe~~.

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "mDuo13"P.S. Ashley from Trace Memory (minus the generic name) is quite moe~~.

I concur. Her expression was quite cute when she first found D. XD
epic progressive

vox

mDuo13

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "mDuo13"P.S. Ashley from Trace Memory (minus the generic name) is quite moe~~.

I concur. Her expression was quite cute when she first found D. XD
Her expression all the time is quite cute, though my favorite is when her hair's blowing in the wind on board the boat at the beginning of the game. Sometimes she looks a little more or less childlike (she is supposed to be only 14, after all) but she looks better when she looks on the older end of her age group IMO. Though I can't imagine what she would look like if she were supposed to be about 17. It would either be even more moe~ or it would completely ruin her. Hopefully they wouldn't be compelled to make her too punk-ish. That could be pretty awesome, though, if they did a longer sequel with Ashley again.

P.S. the use of the two screens in that game is really very good, especially during the cutscenes. It has that comic-book feel of being split into panels, but it also works really well as simultaneous views in multiple angles.

Tsubasa

Yes!  More Ashley fans.  I thought I was the only one. XD;  As an interesting aside, she also shares my birthday; albeit, seven years later.

Expect to see her as a 16-year-old in the next Another Code/Trace Memory.  At least, that's what the message at the end of the second playthrough would seem to hint at.

And as a service to the Ashley fans, her drawn by Amaduyu Tatsuki.
-Tsubasa

-zoxan-

It's the first time I saw Ashley. Short hair, black wristband, DS-looking thingy, jeans, and shirts.

とってã,, ã,,え ですã,ˆï¼ï¼ï¼

P.S: I'm moe for Levi from Black Lagoon.

Cosplay picture:

"Real" Picture:

Some  Levi Love

Someone buy me a PuchiPuchi Prease~

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Tsubasa"And as a service to the Ashley fans, her drawn by Amaduyu Tatsuki.

萌えâ"â"â"â"(>∀<)â"â"â"â"ï½¯!!
epic progressive

vox

mDuo13

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "Tsubasa"And as a service to the Ashley fans, her drawn by Amaduyu Tatsuki.

萌えâ"â"â"â"(>∀<)â"â"â"â"ï½¯!!
<3<3<3<3<3<3

P.S. she shares my birthday too, only 5 years later. I realized right away what great use they are putting the DS. :3

P.P.S. I was an Ashley fan before I bought the game. Matter of fact, she's the main reason I got the game in the first place.

P.P.P.S. I just realized the implications of her sharing my birthday 5 years later. She's that much younger than me. ;_;

Emerge

i need to spread the love of my man-slave. and heres probably my best chance

GTFO, FAUST :evil:

a couple of his buddies

also, a couple Tsukihime twin maids for good measure

nurse witch kohaku-chan! :D

btw, you better believe i have more of my buri...but that comes from my personal stash, and i aint sharing!!! :twisted:

Lisu

In conjunction with the discussion we had on joints, I decided to use one combo image instead of multiple ones:

Though arguable that any could beat human...
In my opinion of special joints: no joints (i.e. invisible/floating arms)<Robot<Doll

And if we are going for guys, I would like to bring up Rinnosuke 's most moe situation (could have used the Yagokoro lab one, but decided on this one):