The MOE thread!

Started by LastElixir, November 29, 2006, 08:35:18 PM

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "mDuo13"Wragh. Hazuki and Cossette both taken... must... find... alternative...

You could've swiped either at the hangout - you were there. XD
epic progressive

vox

mDuo13

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "mDuo13"Wragh. Hazuki and Cossette both taken... must... find... alternative...

You could've swiped either at the hangout - you were there. XD
You know how slow I am at coming up with these things.

Sunara Ishi

I'm thinking of switching to C.C. of Code Geass. Would that be alright?

I will have to change my choice as there aren't that many gothrori picks of Nana...
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Jun-Watarase

Nyah? Choosing moe? I'm new to this thread, so... explain to me! Why are people choosing characters?!

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: "Jun-Watarase"Nyah? Choosing moe? I'm new to this thread, so... explain to me! Why are people choosing characters?!
Its moe themes that we pick randomly each week.

Those participating pick a character that fits the theme we choose and we create an avatar or sig image for said character. For example, this week's theme is gothic lolita so you would pick a character that wears gothic lolita wear in an anime, manga or game series.
Other times, it might be a type of character (imouto, oneechan, etc.) or a type of personality (stoic, tsundere, etc.)
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Appu

How about Sayu Yagami? Death Note is pretty goth/goth-inspired ain't it?
MARIACHI, the Mixed Apparatus for Radar Investigation of Cosmic-rays of High Ionization, is an apparatus for the detection of ultra-high-energy cosmic rays (UHECR) via bi-static radar using VHF transmitters!

mDuo13

Quote from: "Appu"How about Sayu Yagami? Death Note is pretty goth/goth-inspired ain't it?
Aha, good thought.

I'm taking Amane Misa. Sig to follow.

Appu

Ooh, Misa. I wasn't sure if she was rori or not :P
MARIACHI, the Mixed Apparatus for Radar Investigation of Cosmic-rays of High Ionization, is an apparatus for the detection of ultra-high-energy cosmic rays (UHECR) via bi-static radar using VHF transmitters!

mDuo13

Even if the character herself isn't, the point of this week is the clothing, and her style definitely is.

Tsubasa

Exactly.  "Gothic lolita" refers to a fashion style and is not necessarily indicative of age.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

G.I.R

Moe Newsweek?

And yes, It's real.

gmontem

Of Lisu and the Danbooru Site Rip....
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Jun-Watarase

I choose Anju from Karin. I'm surprised no one has chosen Suigintou, however. XD; But... In my humble opinion, Shana is not gothic lolita.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

shortpachoo

I didn't know we had to chose a gothic lolita.  I just picked a moe character and Shana is my favorite.

Ryu will probably pick Suigintou, if he is reading this thread....

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

Appu

Since I have nowhere else to post this:

J-IN-THE-BOX

And forgive me, LastElixir.

Jun-Watarase

I made the crappiest sig, ever. TT___TT  But you could tell that I was being really lazy with this. I don't think it would be any better if I'd tried, though. *sigh*

FanimaidCafe.com

Ayanami Rei First Child

In terms of taste and personality...I'd say Saki Hanajima, "Hana-chan" from Fruits Baskets. That girl seems to creepy EVERYBODY out. :twisted:

If she was real I'd date her. o.o

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "shortpachoo"I didn't know we had to chose a gothic lolita.

I was wondering why you picked Shana. Try again. :3
epic progressive

vox

Tsubasa

Wreathlit Noel from Yoakena this week.  The game has been slowly invading my life.  Perhaps a week ago or so, after I bought an artbook on the game, I noticed that I was also using a keychain and cellphone strap of the series. ^^;

Wreath is a cute character and she got an 85 on Lisu's gosurori scale.  That's pretty respectable. XD

As for the moe itself, I can't say I'm a huge fan, but I do enjoy it often enough.  It's probably one of my favoriter outfit preferences.

Avvy might change a bit throughout the week.  If I'm not too lazy. XD;
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Lisu

Ha, I laugh at my head stabbing.

Cossette for this week.  Any particularly reason.......well she is gothic-y and loli....and that is it.  That is, for the most part, her only defining factor.  Frankly, I liked the series, her attire is not as adorned as my tastes would prefer, but plain, or as the maid meeting brought up "unconvoluted", is also good in its own way.  More on the dark and somber side of this week's batch, she receives 89 gosurori points.