The MOE thread!

Started by LastElixir, November 29, 2006, 08:35:18 PM

Spiritsnare

10. "Home-Ec" girls

Refers to girls that do housework for fun as opposed to out of necessity. Mostly associated with cooking for fun e.g. Chiyo Mihama (Azumanga Daioh), Sayuri Kurata (Kanon).

Ryu: Aoi Oribe (Myself; Yourself)
Amol: Haruka Minami (Minami-ke)
Sunara: Sanae Furukawa (Clannad)
mDuo13: Iokawa Karada (Asatte no Houkou)
epic progressive

vox

EvilBunnyKid

The planning and earning money, working hard to be able to spend the little time with people like me and knowing that I will relive memories, make new memories, gain friends, and sadly lose some.  Then slowly the feeling comes over me as the last moments have creept up on me, but will be able to look forward to the next time we can gather again.

My MOE.

Sunara Ishi

Did we ever do eyepatch? If not, I know who I'll be picking. OwO

I'll think of someone to pick for this week's moe sometime later today... If I don't pick one by the end of the day, I'll probably skip out on this week due to stupid finals.

For home ec girls.... Does Nagisa's mom count? I'll claim her if so.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Appu

Nyuu, I had modded it to be Haruka. This cannot be!
MARIACHI, the Mixed Apparatus for Radar Investigation of Cosmic-rays of High Ionization, is an apparatus for the detection of ultra-high-energy cosmic rays (UHECR) via bi-static radar using VHF transmitters!

Spiritsnare

Quote from: Appu on December 12, 2007, 03:06:00 AM
Nyuu, I had modded it to be Haruka. This cannot be!

Fixed.
epic progressive

vox

mDuo13

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on December 11, 2007, 01:53:18 AMFor home ec girls.... Does Nagisa's mom count? I'll claim her if so.
I think she cooks her breads purely for the love of it, so I'd argue she does. Don't know if she's really young enough to fit the archetype, but I think she's moe enough.

(Hmm... This brings up an interesting philosophical point: does Akiko's jam count for this purpose? I guess Akiko cooks some other things, though not really extensively.)

I'm going to go ahead and claim Iokawa Karada from Asatte no Houkou. She was a favorite of mine a while back and Asatte no Houkou is a really underappreciated show. And episode 7 with the cake baking was pretty fun.

Appu

Quote from: mDuo13 on December 13, 2007, 12:59:35 AM

I'm going to go ahead and claim Iokawa Karada from Asatte no Houkou. She was a favorite of mine a while back and Asatte no Houkou is a really underappreciated show. And episode 7 with the cake baking was pretty fun.

QFT

[I had totally forgotten about Asatte. How?!  :(]
MARIACHI, the Mixed Apparatus for Radar Investigation of Cosmic-rays of High Ionization, is an apparatus for the detection of ultra-high-energy cosmic rays (UHECR) via bi-static radar using VHF transmitters!

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on December 11, 2007, 01:53:18 AMFor home ec girls.... Does Nagisa's mom count? I'll claim her if so.
I think she cooks her breads purely for the love of it, so I'd argue she does. Don't know if she's really young enough to fit the archetype, but I think she's moe enough.

(Hmm... This brings up an interesting philosophical point: does Akiko's jam count for this purpose? I guess Akiko cooks some other things, though not really extensively.)
Yay! I'm not the only one that thinks so. (hmm... they should have an back story for her where they show her young. XP Or a whole new game revolving around her. XP)

err... I don't think Akiko's jam counts... -.-; She doesn't really strike me as one that cooks for fun.

(hey. Akiko and Nagisa's mom should be long lost sisters. In fact, they should make a game with both young Akiko and young Nagisa's mom. :3 Maybe standard school setting.)

るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

mDuo13

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on December 13, 2007, 02:29:09 AM

(hey. Akiko and Nagisa's mom should be long lost sisters. In fact, they should make a game with both young Akiko and young Nagisa's mom. :3 Maybe standard school setting.)

Why make them younger? They're just perfect as they are!

Spiritsnare

Quote from: mDuo13 on December 13, 2007, 10:29:35 AMWhy make them younger? They're just perfect as they are!

QFT
epic progressive

vox

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: mDuo13 on December 13, 2007, 10:29:35 AM

True.

But going off your comment above, I had a random insight that a backstory where they're young would be kinda nice. Come on... you know its true. ^w^
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O

mDuo13

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on December 13, 2007, 12:59:55 PM
Quote from: mDuo13 on December 13, 2007, 10:29:35 AM

True.

But going off your comment above, I had a random insight that a backstory where they're young would be kinda nice. Come on... you know its true. ^w^
Ah, but not every character-forming incident has to happen in youth! You could have a sidestory, of sorts, with their normal, adult selves, and this way Nagisa and Nayuki could have cameos. And come on, who doesn't want that?

bunnycorpse

oopsy.

Lisu

you're not right in the head....

Kazuko

lol I agree

Time To counter :3

D: my favoite moe

Sunara Ishi

I third that. It needs a cute lil girl instead.

Kanna is moe.

(One of my favorites moe types)

They need to make a PVC of her. Not the other stupid IY characters.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O

short_storiesgl

Dance Staff Second

RyuHayabusa

And speaking of which, are we still doing this? the whole moe of the week thing?
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Chun

Dead thread is D-D-D-D-DEAD!

RIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER!
~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Spiritsnare

epic progressive

vox