The MOE thread!

Started by LastElixir, November 29, 2006, 08:35:18 PM

Tsubasa

When looking at my recent acquisitions:

I can't help but think that Leaf first-press releases spoil me.  What am I supposed to do with Weiss Schwartz cards? ^^;
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Tsubasa

Quote from: Tsubasa on July 29, 2008, 07:55:02 AMWhat am I supposed to do with Weiss Schwartz cards? ^^;

Forget what I said just yesterday.  Forget Lycee guys.  Lets pick up Weiss Schwartz. XD;
-Tsubasa

Chun

Quote from: Tsubasa on July 30, 2008, 07:02:55 AM
Quote from: Tsubasa on July 29, 2008, 07:55:02 AMWhat am I supposed to do with Weiss Schwartz cards? ^^;

Forget what I said just yesterday.  Forget Lycee guys.  Lets pick up Weiss Schwartz. XD;

I'm not too opposed to the idea because of the P3 set XD

What I would miss from Lycee is the Tsukihime characters and the Comipa set though :(.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

mDuo13

So Nijiiro Zakura is my new favorite-artist-of-the-moment. Too good. Everything is there - the face and the expressions, the proportions, the texture and detail, the color choices, the dynamic poses... a high class artist for sure. Well, high skill at least. His choice of subject material is often not so classy. ;)

JohnnyAR

Lisu

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Lisu on September 07, 2008, 04:52:41 PM
Quote from: JohnnyAR on September 07, 2008, 02:34:05 PMNow this is cute!
You're new at this, aren't you?
Yup, I don't do MOE very well.

Mizuki

Chun

Quote from: Mizuki on September 08, 2008, 09:27:03 PM
-[img-
Because Kindevu said so.

God, such a button masher.

~Chun

Tsubasa

I caught a glance of your stick @Evo, Mizuki.  It actually looks quite nice.  I personally wouldn't have gone through so much effort to plaster Louise over any of my personal possessions, but whatever floats your boat.
-Tsubasa

Mizuki

Quote from: Chun on September 09, 2008, 12:15:53 AM
Quote from: Mizuki on September 08, 2008, 09:27:03 PM
-[img-
Because Kindevu said so.

God, such a button masher.

~Chun

I'm an awesome button masher in SF4

Quote from: Tsubasa on September 09, 2008, 07:25:01 AM
I caught a glance of your stick @Evo, Mizuki.  It actually looks quite nice.  I personally wouldn't have gone through so much effort to plaster Louise over any of my personal possessions, but whatever floats your boat.

Thanks. Yeah, I haven't seen much of Zero no Tsukaima, but I just really like how Louise looks, and I have to get my occasional taste of tsundere.

I also have a stick with Shana/Louise on it, which is pretty cool, but I don't use it much since it has my Sanwa Flash clone in it.

Little story behind my Louise stick is at Evo, Japanese player Kindevu didn't have a stick (Why would he need one anyways?) and he was going to play another player in the room we were in, so he looked at my stick and got Tokido (Another Japanese player) to ask me to use the stick in english (Kindevu doesn't have good english speaking skills.) I told him sure. After a game, he pointed to my stick and said "Moe, we call in Japanese, kind of like English word for cute, I like this stick I want to use it." A lot of the times during the tournament, I had to hunt him down to get my stick back to play in my games.

Barnes

Quote from: Lisu on September 07, 2008, 04:52:41 PM
Quote from: JohnnyAR on September 07, 2008, 02:34:05 PMNow this is cute!
You're new at this, aren't you?

So am I, but when I posted for some of the weekly listings, no one ever told me that I was it doing wrong 0.o
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

JohnnyAR

How about this?

Not even close aren't I?

mDuo13

I nominate this thread to be moved to the "Serious Business" forum.

Because moe is serious business.

Chun

Quote from: mDuo13 on September 23, 2008, 03:25:03 AM
I nominate this thread to be moved to the "Serious Business" forum.

Because moe is serious business.

That's a possibility. Not to mention the amount of things we haven't discussed yet.

~Chun

Devereaux

To be completely honest, I really dislike Moe, so I usually pass up this thread, but I just had to say that Listerine and Tsubaker's posts on this page (the only page I read) really made me chuckle. Good job! I'm proud of both of you. (Though Lisu-nee always makes me laugh. Tsupasta, you need to step your game up sir.)
I 'ctrl' through Visual Novels to collect CG's so I can trick people into thinking I actually played the game.

LastElixir

Quote from: Devereaux on October 07, 2008, 07:14:38 AM
To be completely honest, I really dislike Moe, so I usually pass up this thread, but I just had to say that Listerine and Tsubaker's posts on this page (the only page I read) really made me chuckle. Good job! I'm proud of both of you. (Though Lisu-nee always makes me laugh. Tsupasta, you need to step your game up sir.)

kill yourself, now.

j

Devereaux

Quote from: LastElixir on October 07, 2008, 03:58:47 PM
Quote from: Devereaux on October 07, 2008, 07:14:38 AM

kill yourself, now.

j

go rep your Moetan.
I 'ctrl' through Visual Novels to collect CG's so I can trick people into thinking I actually played the game.

Tsubasa

To drum up some conversation of worth in here, lets do a survey of people's favorite moetic characters of the last season (Summer 2008), since it just ended.  I'll start off:

(Order is a suggestion, not a definitive)
Sanya V. Litvyak (Strike Witches)
Eila Ilmatar Juutilainen (Strike Witches)
Tsubame (Natsume Yuujinchou)

Honorable mentions:
Erica Hartmann (Strike Witches)
Fox child - proper name never given - (Natsume Yuujinchou)
Asagi (Natsume Yuujinchou)
Nogizaka Haruka (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu)
Chouun (Koihime Musou)

Strike Witches was the batch of moe that everyone expected.  And Sanya's the best witch, IMO.  Too good!  Interestingly enough, Natsume Yuujinchou made a surprisingly good showing of moetic youkai.  Tsubame is tops, but the fox child, is hella cute.  Unjustly cute.
-Tsubasa

RaddaX2

It ain't the meaning of life but the feeling of it.