The MOE thread!

Started by LastElixir, November 29, 2006, 08:35:18 PM

Tsubasa

This set happened to slip under my radar because of its inconspicuous name: SMILE800 V.I.P.  I've quickly rectified this by putting in an order for a box.

What concerns me is that there are 8 figures per box and I'm under the impression that they're truly randomized boxes.  I really want a whole set, so who wants to buy a set too?  If it is randomized, we can only stand to benefit off each other.  If it isn't randomized, then well, you'd have a full set too.  Win win.  Consider it.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

mDuo13

That is a heck of a set, but considering how all my ToHeart knowledge is secondhand and I'm not a figures guy anyway, I'll pass.

Chun

No Aya in the Comipa set is fail, but if there is an Aya in existance I might be interested in this figure pool so we can divvy happiness.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Spiritsnare

Eimi?

; ;

That set would be, like, perfect if it were Chisa, Aya or Minami instead of Eimi...
epic progressive

vox

Chun

Quote from: Spiritsnare on June 19, 2008, 01:44:49 PM
Eimi?

; ;

That set would be, like, perfect if it were Chisa, Aya, Asahi or Minami instead of Eimi...

Fixed for Tsubasa

~Chun

Tsubasa

Quote from: Chun on June 19, 2008, 09:03:53 PM
Quote from: Spiritsnare on June 19, 2008, 01:44:49 PM
Eimi?

; ;

That set would be, like, perfect if it were Chisa, Aya, Asahi or Minami instead of Eimi...

Fixed for Tsubasa

As much as I'd likewise prefer a couple of characters instead, Eimi is fine.  I don't hate.  I would argue that the weakest link in the set overall is Akari.

And it'd be nice if they didn't already make PVCs based on the same illustrations the Konomi and Manaka are based on.  Never picked up the Konomi (as much as I did and still do want it), but I own the Manaka.

Overall though, the set is certainly top tier.
-Tsubasa

Jun-Watarase

I want to go to Animelo. ;____; ...

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Tsubasa

Quote from: Tsubasa on June 19, 2008, 12:31:38 AM
This set happened to slip under my radar because of its inconspicuous name: SMILE800 V.I.P.  I've quickly rectified this by putting in an order for a box.

What concerns me is that there are 8 figures per box and I'm under the impression that they're truly randomized boxes.  I really want a whole set, so who wants to buy a set too?  If it is randomized, we can only stand to benefit off each other.  If it isn't randomized, then well, you'd have a full set too.  Win win.  Consider it.

OK, so I just received my box and my suspicions turned out to be incorrect.  A box really does contain a full set.  So now I have all plus an extra Mizuki.

TOO GOOD!
(Not really in reference to the extra Mizuki, but just the set as a whole)
-Tsubasa

Tsubasa

Enter MangaGamer: a new company offering officially licensed english-translated eroge in a pay-to-download format.  Although their initial offering won't be up until July 10th, we see that they're in cahoots with Circus, as evident by D.C. and Suika in their lineup.  The rest of their line up is viewable here.  Nothing else terribly worth noting.

The engrishy site leaves a bit to be desired, but I going to remain extremely hopeful that these guys can do some good work.  Hell, it doesn't even have to be good work if they can continue to get stuff from relatively big companies like Circus.

I've always kinda wanted to play Suika, but never got around to it.  I guess I'm playing it in english.  As for D.C., unfortunately it's the original and not P.S., but that's better than nothing.  At least there's still a lot for me there.  And, most importantly, Nemu is in any version of the game. :3
-Tsubasa

Spiritsnare

Man, if the website translation is indication of the quality of the finished work, I'm so totally up for this.

It's going to be so bad.

edit It seems as though MangaGamer's either run by and/or associated with OverDrive, the same guys who do Cosmode Online; in that case, prepare for decent English with a few sprinkles of 'rish on the side.

second edit Overdrive is the name of the galge company :< Never mind.
epic progressive

vox

Kaura117

Quote from: Tsubasa on July 03, 2008, 06:35:12 AM
Enter MangaGamer: a new company offering officially licensed english-translated eroge in a pay-to-download format.  Although their initial offering won't be up until July 10th, we see that they're in cahoots with Circus, as evident by D.C. and Suika in their lineup.  The rest of their line up is viewable here.  Nothing else terribly worth noting.

The engrishy site leaves a bit to be desired, but I going to remain extremely hopeful that these guys can do some good work.  Hell, it doesn't even have to be good work if they can continue to get stuff from relatively big companies like Circus.

I've always kinda wanted to play Suika, but never got around to it.  I guess I'm playing it in english.  As for D.C., unfortunately it's the original and not P.S., but that's better than nothing.  At least there's still a lot for me there.  And, most importantly, Nemu is in any version of the game. :3

Ah-hah. I was wondering for years why the market for English language h-games was so... sparse. Almost nonexistent, even. Especially given the steadily growing customer base for such a thing. Good to know somebody's finally looking to profit from it.

...I just wish they bothered to hire some decent translators...

Spiritsnare

Quote from: Kaura117 on July 03, 2008, 09:44:41 AMGood to know somebody's finally looking to profit from it.

Hey, Hirameki! 'Sup, JAST!

And I'm not even sure whether or not Hirameki did get profit out of their localizations, which were pretty good.
epic progressive

vox

Kaura117

Quote from: Spiritsnare on July 03, 2008, 11:53:58 AM
Quote from: Kaura117 on July 03, 2008, 09:44:41 AMGood to know somebody's finally looking to profit from it.

And I'm not even sure whether or not Hirameki did get profit out of their localizations, which were pretty good.

Well, yes. I'm aware of those two. Sparse isn't the same as nonexistent, after all.

I wonder how many more years it'll take before somebody gets the idea to try and establish a native, English galge studio? I wonder how badly it'll fail? >_>

Spiritsnare

Quote from: Kaura117 on July 03, 2008, 12:04:20 PM

Well, yes. I'm aware of those two. Sparse isn't the same as nonexistent, after all.

I wonder how many more years it'll take before somebody gets the idea to try and establish a native, English galge studio? I wonder how badly it'll fail? >_>

'Sup, Okashi!
epic progressive

vox

Kaura117

Quote from: Spiritsnare on July 03, 2008, 12:37:01 PM
Quote from: Kaura117 on July 03, 2008, 12:04:20 PM

'Sup, Okashi!

...I am so uninformed sometimes. >_>

Spiritsnare

I dunno, they've been at the last two or three Fanimes...

It looks sorta promising.
epic progressive

vox

mDuo13

Quote from: Spiritsnare on July 03, 2008, 04:00:01 PM
I dunno, they've been at the last two or three Fanimes...

It looks sorta promising.
There are definitely galge with worse art out there.

Of course, there are also ones with better art.

Tsubasa

More info on MangaGamer:

Circus was @AX, more or less, to promote MangaGamer.  They gave out CDs with sample movies and a playable demo of Edelweiss.  If the demo is any indication, expect their website level english in the games. ^^;
-Tsubasa

Spiritsnare

I reiterate:

Quote from: Spiritsnare on July 03, 2008, 09:25:37 AMI'm so totally up for this.

It's going to be so bad.
epic progressive

vox

Chun

Quote from: Spiritsnare on July 07, 2008, 09:23:02 PM
I reiterate:

Quote from: Spiritsnare on July 03, 2008, 09:25:37 AMI'm so totally up for this.

It's going to be so bad.

Bad as in bad, or bad as in April Fools Summer Days bad?