I.D. Problems Last Year

Started by ShikiIchijo, December 02, 2006, 01:16:30 AM

ShikiIchijo

I Pre-Reg. Last year and I was only 14.

So getting to the point, I went up to get my badge on Thursday night and the lady who helped me out, made me recite my phone number and address just to get my badge. My dad has bought my badge for my birthday so I didnt know if he put his address or mine. He had put mine. But the lady gave me a hard time about it because I had a school I.D. I had to recite my private information out loud, in front of everybody.

Im still 14 (turning 15 in 3 months) and i'm wondering what will that happen again if I just have my school I.D.?

My dad wasnt with me to pick up my badge, he had to work.

What should I do if this happens?
Cosplay 2017:
Lucifer - Supernatural
Yukine - Noragami
Khadgar - Warcraft
Newt Scamander - Harry Potter
Harry Potter - Harry Potter
Big Mac - My Little Pony

FanFicGuru

A good idea would be to be part of a 'group' of people going with the 'leader' being 18 or over or having a state ID. That way the 'leader' can pick up everyone's badges.

Other than that, I don't know what to tell you dude. *shrugs*
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Krnchichiri

I just read on a page that its better to have a state-issued I.D. card. School I.D.'s are not that great.

>.> I'd get a state-issued card if I were you.
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

ShikiIchijo

ooo...How do you get a State I.D.
Cosplay 2017:
Lucifer - Supernatural
Yukine - Noragami
Khadgar - Warcraft
Newt Scamander - Harry Potter
Harry Potter - Harry Potter
Big Mac - My Little Pony

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Cody pierce"ooo...How do you get a State I.D.

Get your parents to take you to the DMV and fill out some paperwork. I think an ID costs between 15-25 dollars...but it's good for other 'official' stuff too. So it's good to have.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

GokuMew2

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"A good idea would be to be part of a 'group' of people going with the 'leader' being 18 or over or having a state ID. That way the 'leader' can pick up everyone's badges.
Nope, doesn't work. Last year I was the group "leader" and tried to pick up a friend's badge who was in my group, but staff did not allow it. Kinda ranted on the forum after the con about it and it was reaffirmed again that in order to pick up their badge, the person has to go in person and have a photo ID.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

mDuo13

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"
Quote from: "Cody pierce"ooo...How do you get a State I.D.

Get your parents to take you to the DMV and fill out some paperwork. I think an ID costs between 15-25 dollars...but it's good for other 'official' stuff too. So it's good to have.
Yeah, there are a lot of things that require a state ID these days, such as selling games to Gamestop. So it's a worthwhile investment.

If for some reason you have a passport, you can also use that, but carrying a passport to the con seems a little... weird.

Tuplica

I highly recommend the state ID too.  Obviously you don't need it yet since you're under-age, but eventually you'll need one for checking into the hotel rooms, too, when you're 18 or 17 or whatever their requirement is.
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.