Yaoi/Yuri paddles?

Started by rock_lee_stalker_*stalks*, December 04, 2006, 05:18:29 PM

rock_lee_stalker_*stalks*

OK, i know this is sooo old news and stuff, but are they going to sell yaoi/yuri paddles, or they banned those now? i'm still confused with the whole paddle law....sorry!!!
if i am sad, make me happy, if im happy, make me sad

Shinigami

It's a certain dealer who sells them, and they haven't been at Fanime for a year or two from what I have seen.... However, there is a game that goes with the yaoi/yuri paddles, involving spanking people and getting them to make out or have someone else make out with them. If they refuse, they get harassed until they do. It's very rude and disrespectful, in my opinion, and can be considered sexual harassment, so maybe the dealer hasn't been asked to come back because of this? I don't know. I've seen people with the paddles walking around, but they bought them from AX and weren't asked to put them away or anything. So, I don't think the paddles themselves were banned, but maybe the dealer just doesn't work at Fanime, or maybe they can't sell the paddles any more due to sexual harassment. I don't know.

ahh... I see Shinigami. Then is there a website I can go to to purchas them? If so, then what's the URL?

SuperKawaiiNeko

I dont see why fanime would keep the dealer from coming back because of a game people made up with their product.... thats like banning the sword dealers because people arent responsible with them. Im pretty sure the dealer doesnt condone such activities...Ive spoken to them in the past and I seem to remember warning customers against harassing other people, and not to hit too hard with the "Hardcore" side, as you can cause fractures and other injuries. On the other hand, Im not the dealer, nor am I Dealer's Hall staff, so I cannot say one way or the other why they werent present last year or if they will be this year.

(Though, the super awesome fanart guy who does the clocks and quilts and such wasnt there this last year, either....I heard a rumor that fanime raised the price for spots in the dealers hall by something like three times and some smaller dealers have stayed away because of it...again, just a rumor, but maybe theres something to it? Again, Im not staff...)
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

wow, SuperKawaiiNeko, i didn't know that. thats an interesting story. hmmm... sooo.. are there any websites?

DomoKun619

I believe the company who sells them is called Hen Da Ne

anime101

heeroyuy135

Are they easily breakable? I just want to buy one so that I can break one