From the creator of Rurouni Kenshin...

Started by Ska_Kitti, December 08, 2006, 11:02:48 AM

Ska_Kitti

Busou Renkin

The story is really interesting, but I don't know if anyone has checked it out yet.

Boy saves girl from monster.
Boy dies from mortal wound.
Girl resurrects boy with an alchemic heart that he can use to create a weapon for him to fight with.
Boy uses weapon to help girl in her army.
Enter Captain Bravo.

I've only watched the anime so far and it's littered with little RK inside jokes among random humor. Now to pick up the manga.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

KimaLucifer

I watched it. Read the comics. And I love Papillion.

His little theme song just cracks me up XD
 Captain Bravo`s hilarious too.
Captain  Bravo + Papillion x Hamburger store = Massive fun :3

Didn`t know it was the kenshin person drawing that though. :X
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

Ska_Kitti

:D I think in the... sixth episode where Kazuki's sis (xx; FORGOT HER NAME!) is caring for Tokiko. They show Tokiko's head wrapped EXACTLY like Shishio... hair popping out of little crevices and everything. I think that finally sold the series for me. I'm surprised you didn't catch the likeness of Tokiko > Kenshin in the manga. Same eyes. ^_^x

I also can't stop laughing my ASS off at Papillion. His costume cracks me up.

~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

daymare

Quote from: "Ska_Kitti"I'm surprised you didn't catch the likeness of Tokiko > Kenshin in the manga. Same eyes. ^_^x

Same eyes + facial scar...Tokiko is awesome :)

The manga story is surprisingly good, actually.   I guess mostly because the 3 main characters are great/unique and never really do anything that makes me want to smack them on the head.   That's a big plus in my book.  The character relationships are also great.

Being a fighting series, lots of random fighting sorta drags down the story, but most of them were pretty short and strategic.  Can't be too bad when he managed to finish the story in 10 volumes :)  The boss power/fights are another story, however :P

Overall, a very fun series with great characters, and it made me feel warm and fuzzy hehe
Rawrrrr

Ska_Kitti

The manga is on my "next to buy". I think it passed up all the others on my list lol. I can't get over some of the RK jokes though.

Hey... does Shuusui have the Super Samurai X in the manga? XD
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

trupnoi

i've read a small glimps of it in the last Kenshin Manga, i was pretty interested, i should look in to it soon :D