Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Tournamet @ Fanime 2007

Started by lying is an art form, December 27, 2006, 01:36:29 AM

lying is an art form

http://www.siliconera.com/index.php/2006/12/20/pokemon-diamond-and-pearl-coming-in-april-2007/

Now that it's officially announced that we'll have a whole month to max out Pokemon stats and all bring 100+ level Pokemon to Fanime, let's get a list of people who know for sure they'll be getting the game and want to participate in a tournament of sorts at Fanime =D
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

G.I.R

Quote from: "lying is an art form"Now that it's officially announced that we'll have a whole month to max out Pokemon stats and all bring 100+ level Pokemon to Fanime, let's get a list of people who know for sure they'll be getting the game and want to participate in a tournament of sorts at Fanime =D

April 22nd!?!  Gaaaah!  How will I have time to get even a few level 100 Pokemon in five weeks (assuming I get Diamond, or Pearl on the first day).   :x

mDuo13

Oh man.

I know what I'm doing before, during, and after finals, leading up to Fanime.

Jeez.

lying is an art form

I can get 15% off any of them since I have a friend working at EB.
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

Tsubasa

I'll have it at the con, but whether I'll feel like I'm ready to participate in a tourney or not is entirely up in the air.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Shinigami

Quote from: "Tsubasa"I'll have it at the con, but whether I'll feel like I'm ready to participate in a tourney or not is entirely up in the air.

Same here. April doesn't give us a lot of time...especially for those of us trying to juggle college, work, and our personal life, and barely have time any more for video games as it is. But yeah I think we should have different tourneys....like a level 1 - 10 tourney, 10 - 20, etc. Something like that maybe. Because not all of us will have 100s by Fanime. ^_^;;

But you know, Pokemon D/P will also have fun wireless activities not available through wi-fi such as an underground area with rare items, Pokemon, fossils, and a capture the flag game.  :D I don't know if I'll be up for a tourney, but I'll definitely play some cap the flag with some people.

Malocide

Can I play woth my Jappanes Pokemon than sure. I dont understan what there doing but hey.

I would love to compeat I will proably buy the english veriosn so I will just use that.

Heartbreak_despair

damn it....rare candy doesn't work anymore since missing no evolved into wikipedia...
stuck between tomarrow land, the old timey "one big wheel in the front bicycle", and the cellular phone...

Zekke

Yes! Just got a DS and put money on Diamond. Now the only question is how to get lvl 100's by con :x

We really need lower lvl tournaments, like 10-20, etc, like Shinigami said. other than that, Im totally up for it.

serajwl

Hmm, I think I could participate. I could just play constantly. Too bad it's not coming out earlier, I could have been able to oplay it over spring break *sad*

shortpachoo

I wouldn't mind participating in this as well.  Also it would be nice to have different lvl tournaments

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

Sygmus

Just pre-ordered Pokemon Pearl last week!  I would love being in a tournament, seeing as I've never been in one before.  In about five weeks, and taking finals into account, I'll probably get my pokemon to the 30s or 40s by con time.

mDuo13

Even though I'm really broke, I'm going to have to get this game.

G.I.R

Okay.  So who got their copy today (and which version)?

Edit:Forgot to post mine.  Got Diamond on Sunday.

Thoth

I got Pearl.

We need a Friend code exchange.
Feeds.  Welcome to the Fanime boards.  Are you ready to pull the rawhide?  Just stay away from my mouse footpath.

swordmanjoe

abcbadcat

I got Diamond.

Im sooooo down for a tourney!!!

My highest level so far is 43

Heartbreak_despair

stuck between tomarrow land, the old timey "one big wheel in the front bicycle", and the cellular phone...

swordmanjoe

dang 43?! My highest right now is like 18... lol

Zekke