Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Tournamet @ Fanime 2007

Started by lying is an art form, December 27, 2006, 01:36:29 AM

Smikey

Quote from: "Asa_Gohan"
Quote from: "Smikey"Yes, they are. There are a few legendaries which are total crap tho...Regigigas anyone?
Wait what? Regigigas isnt crap...He has the 12th best stats out of all the pokemon in the game >.>
btw
Im for the double KO rule
The no legendaries rule
and I guess now Im against the double team rule...
though Im still against the banning of items

He isn't good, for a Legendary. He isn't even on the Uber list. :P

Double Team isn't that bad. It can get annoying. But, hey all the attacks are part of the game.

The item banning is bull though. As for the no doubles of items, I find that sort of lame, but I can see why it would be banned.

Double KO, if it's the last pokemon, I can see that, and if it's Double Battle that is even lamer. But, we should make this tourney move faster. Stadium rules.

lying is an art form

Quote from: "Smikey"
Quote from: "lying is an art form"rctan9's rules aren't lame, they're standard and what most people deem fair.

If you have a problem with slower Pokemon going last, use the move that makes slower Pokemon go first. AND it's your fault for not EV training them properly if you're worried for their speed.

Relying on status effects means you pretty much don't have the skills to train your Pokemon correctly.

How is losing because of a double KO lame? Would you prefer a draw? Draws are lame. Again you're relying on cheap tactics to win.

The idea is we ban ALL evasion tactics. Do you know how annoying it is to try and hit a mofo with six Double Team layers? AND I don't think we all carry roasters in our pockets to show each other before a Pokemon battle.

The official Wi-Fi rules should be followed because if you're joining to play in this tournament, you might as well be prepped for online battles.

Slower pokemon can be EV trained for speed, what if the opponent did the same thing. Not gonna matter, slow pokemon are naturally slow, regardless of extra Stat Boosts.

Setting up Status effects take skill. Again, you are proving my point that only power matters. Prepare your team with berries to avoid certain status's.

Losing to a Double KO's is part of the game, if you are down to one pokemon and the opponent has one or more than you if you guys are equal skill then chances are you are gonna lose anyways.

Double Team, more reason for people to run Swift and the such.

No one carries Roster's sure, but if you are gonna have a tourney have a reg process, with like binder paper with people showing the team, and if someone has a complaint of someone using a legendary, ask to see their team, then check their boxes and then ask the accuser what the level of the legendary was and what attacks it had. Simple. It may be a slight hassle, but it stops Legendary users.

QuoteJust like why Wobbuffet is considered an uber even though his stats aren't that amazing: Wynaut -> Wobbufet means that he can have Encore; combine that with Shadow Tag and you can trap an opponent into a situation where he literally CANNOT do anything, even switch out, and continue to do so for turn after turn. Just not fun.

I said roAsters, not rosters. I'm not the one with spelling problems here.
Which is why is on the Uber/Banned list, which probably be enforced.
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

Asa_Gohan

pst...
http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/stat/all.shtml
he has the 12th highest base...the worst one is Rotom, that one new grass pokemon, and Azlef
btw no OHKOs?
EDIT: Oops spelling Error >.>

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Smikey

Oh, my bad. But, what I said applies anyway :P XD

rctan9

Couple things:

The rules I listed are not made by me. It is the rules that I copied and pasted from major pokemon sites (Serebii and Smogon), and it is the same rules that are used in major online tournaments.

Items such as Quick Claw and Focus Band are generally looked down upon because they are COMPLETELY based off of luck. The chances of them activating are like… 10%, which luck would need to be on your side to occur anyways. There are NEW items in D/P that are MUCH better anyways. Focus SASH GUARANTEES that you have 1 HP left IF you you had full HP prior to the attack. Choice Scarf also increases speed by 1.5x, and for slower pokemon you can actually outspeed some of the mainstream pokes.

Besides, it’s not like ALL slow pokemon are bad. That’s not even CLOSE to the case. If there is an obvious 4x weakness or something, SWITCH. It’s an option that’s available to you… I have a Camerupt on the field, my opponent sends out Empoleon. Hmmm, I wonder what move he’s going to use? I think I’ll switch to my Venasuar who will eat that STAB surf for breakfast. Of course that’s a VERY broad scenario, but you get the idea. If you honestly believe pokemon are in jeopardy because they can’t attack first, then well… you’re wrong.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, I’ve come up with a COMPRIMISE tournament, with custom Fanime Rules. Of course It’s free to be changed as I am by no means the “leader” of this thing, but I think it should make the majority of people satisfied.

Fanime Con 2007 Pokemon D/P Tournament:[/b]

Format:

6v6 or 3v3 (your vote)

-6v6 OPEN LEVEL (If there is Wifi available, then it will be 6v6 lvl 100 adjustment).
or…
-3v3 OPEN LEVEL - Stadium Rules (if Wifi available, lvl 100 adjustment is applied)
-------------------------------
Single Elmination or Swiss Rounds+Cut into top 4. (your vote or your additional suggestions)

For Swiss we can do a point base system, where a win gets you X points, a loss gets you Y points and a draw gets you Z points.

Then at the end of 3 or so battles the top 4 people with highest points go into a single elimination for the #1 spot.
Prize: To be determined. We can do in game items (such as power items, choice items, masterball, rare candy(s)), legendary pokemon, or we can charge entrance fee and do cash prize. Up to you guys.
-All teams MUST be registered on a piece of paper prior to the tournament.

Write one roster out for tournament head, and one out for yourself/your opponent to see AFTER the match if they feel you were cheating in any way. (if you want to show them prior to the battle then my ALL means go ahead lol)

You should list your pokemon as follows:

Pokemon (level)@ Item
Nature
Individual Stats (HP/Atk/Def/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Speed)
-Move 1
-Move 2
-Move 3
-Move 4

So an example would be….

Charizard lvl 100@ Salac Berry
Adamant
100/200/300/400/500/600 (of course these stats are fake)
-Belly Drum
-Earthquake
-Rockslide
-Substitute

upon any suspition of ANYTHING, you are allowed to compare roster with actual pokes.

Item Restrictions:
-ONE lucksack item per team. This includes Quick Claw/Focus Band/Brightpowder etc. You cannot have one pokemon hold Quick Claw and another hold Focus Band. It’s ONE of these items per team.

-Up to TWO non restricted Items. i.e. up to two Pokemon can hold leftovers, but only ONE can hold Quick Claw.

*if anyone feels that more items should be restricted/banned, discuss.

Move Restriction:

-ONE pokemon per team can have double team OR minimize.

*up for debate: The pokemon who DOES have double team CANNOT have BATON PASS as well.

-ONE pokemon can have Explosion, Self Destruct OR Perish Song

Pokemon Restrictions:

-Species Clause: ONE pokemon of any given number per team. However, if you want Charmander AND Charizard on your team, that’s fine…. But it’s your funeral…

-No UBERS: Once again here is the uber list… it cannot be changed.

#150 Mewtwo
#151 Mew
#202 Wobbuffet
#249 Lugia
#250 Ho-oh
#360 Wynaut
#380 Latias
#381 Latios
#382 Kyogre
#383 Groudon
#384 Rayquaza
#386 Deoxys (All forms)
#483 Dialga
#484 Palkia
#487 Giratina
#491 Darkrai
#493 Arceus

-*I believe that Arcues is not even obtainable at this point of time without cheating.

-The Dogs, Birds, Regis and… Azelf/Uxie/Mespirit, Jirachi, Manaphy, Celebi and Shaymin are NOT UBERS. Jirachi and Manaphy are restricted by their very limited and predictable movepool and Celebi has horrible typing. When these pokemon are compared to pokes such as Tyranitar, Salamence, Dragonite, Metagross along with other "standards" they are balanced in terms of base stats, typing and movepool. Not to mention that Blissey can beat 75% of non Uber legendaries.

BUT... because some people see legendaries as overpowered and unfair no matter the circumstances, for this tournament, the following rule will be applied.

-ONE NON-UBER LEGENDARY PER TEAM.
This team is ok-to-go: Charizard/Rhyperior/Blissey/Weavile/Torterra/Suicune

where as this team is a big NO: Suicune/Raikou/Moltres/Celebi/Jirachi/Regice.

-----------------------------------------
*HERE IS A LIST OF ALL EVENT POKEMON AND THEIR ORIGINAL ID and OT.

http://www.serebii.net/games/events-pkmn.shtml

use this if you suspect your opponent to be using hacked legendaries.
--------------------------------------

Ok, so those are my suggestions. Once again, I acknowledge that I have no right to just barge in and make all the rules, but I think it’s a fair compromise based on the posts that I have read.

The MOST IMPORTANT THING however, is setting up a time and location, as well as a list of those who wish to enter.

Suggestions on that anyone?

* oh yes and I am available on wifi for practice matches in the next couple days. I don’t use legendaries, lucksack items OR double team just pm me to play.

Smikey

The rules seem decent. When I have more time I will look them over, but from what I saw very nice. ;)

Asa_Gohan

@rctan9
Well then..you got a focus sash I can borrow =D

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Blue Impulse

I'm glad I mentioned that shit, but my pokemon are definetly not the types or levels I want them to be at yet, i'll just have fun in the underrgound :D
0001 Registered User at Fanime 06'

abcbadcat

Quote from: "Blue Impulse"I'm glad I mentioned that shit, but my pokemon are definetly not the types or levels I want them to be at yet, i'll just have fun in the underrgound :D
BLUE IMPULSE IS LAME!

LOL sup Taylor. BTW im going this year.

abcbadcat

Quote from: "Blue Impulse"I'm glad I mentioned that shit, but my pokemon are definetly not the types or levels I want them to be at yet, i'll just have fun in the underrgound :D
BLUE IMPULSE IS LAME!

LOL sup Taylor. BTW im going this year.

rctan9

Quote from: "Asa_Gohan"@rctan9
Well then..you got a focus sash I can borrow =D

Yes I do. I'll give it to you before the tournament if there is one.

-------------------

If nobody disagrees with the tournament rules then I guess we can start a sign up sheet here.

Time and place suggestions anyone?

abcbadcat

I would join but I haven't had much time to play since finals end tomorrow and I have been doing school work for the past two weeks straight.

I even had the game before most people due to my M3 Simply... and I only have my 6th badge

T_T

rctan9

Quote from: "abcbadcat"I would join but I haven't had much time to play since finals end tomorrow and I have been doing school work for the past two weeks straight.

I even had the game before most people due to my M3 Simply... and I only have my 6th badge

T_T

Well if there is Wifi at con then all your pokemon will be adjusted to level 100 for the tournament, so you just need to TM some moves onto your pokemon as you see fits.

-----------------

I might arrange something in which I give people some items/tm's prior to the tournament seeing as how I have a lot of stuff that I can share, I've traded well over 300 times on wifi so I have a lot.

Blue Impulse

Quote from: "rctan9"
Quote from: "abcbadcat"I would join but I haven't had much time to play since finals end tomorrow and I have been doing school work for the past two weeks straight.

T_T

Well if there is Wifi at con then all your pokemon will be adjusted to level 100 for the tournament, so you just need to TM some moves onto your pokemon as you see fits.

-----------------

I might arrange something in which I give people some items/tm's prior to the tournament seeing as how I have a lot of stuff that I can share, I've traded well over 300 times on wifi so I have a lot.

Holy crap I didn't know that... Thats awesome! Too bad all my pokes' have crappy HMs on them right now. Making the super team comes after I can farm the E4 :P

Drewbadcatfool! Look forward to seein ya man, you should have hit me up when I was living in RWC, but now i'm back in windsor lol

Blue Impulse

Quote from: "rctan9"

T_T

-----------------

Holy crap I didn't know that... Thats awesome! Too bad all my pokes' have crappy HMs on them right now. Making the super team comes after I can farm the E4 :P

Drewbadcatfool! Look forward to seein ya man, you should have hit me up when I was living in RWC, but now i'm back in windsor lol

Zekke

Hey where is the room for this gonna be? Is it in a seperate room from all the other games or what?