How Many Rooms Are Left In The Hotels as of 5/15/07?

Started by PassingTheBuck, February 06, 2007, 12:27:14 PM

Which Hotel are you staying at?

Hilton Hotel
17 (45.9%)
Marriott Hotel
16 (43.2%)
St. Claire Hotel
3 (8.1%)
Crowne Plaza Hotel
1 (2.7%)
Fairmont Hotel
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Voting closed: February 06, 2007, 12:27:14 PM

PassingTheBuck

Today's Date: May 15, 2007

There are only NINE DAYS left until FanimeCon.

***The Fairmont Hotel is the only place left that has rooms.***

We are offering approximately 3,240 room nights and we have sold 3,084 room nights, which means we have only 156 room nights left.  Here's the quick breakdown:  

For Wednesday Night there are only 17 rooms still available...
For Thursday Night there are only 27 rooms still available...
For Friday Night there are only 24 rooms still available...
For Saturday Night there are only 23 rooms still available...
For Sunday Night there are only 47 rooms still available...
For Monday Night there are only 18 rooms still available...

Marriott is betweem 96% to 100% sold out...
Hilton is between 96% to 99% sold out...
Crown Plaza is between 93% to 100% sold out...
St. Claire is between 99% to 100% sold out...
Fairmont is between 74% to 88% sold out...

A detailed breakdown follows:

Marriott Hotel:
Friday Night: 100.0% of the total room block is sold.
Saturday Night: 99.7% of the total room block is sold.
Sunday Night: 96.3% of the total room block is sold.

What's left in the Marriott?
Out of a possible 371 rooms available for Friday, ZERO rooms remain.
Out of a possible 404 rooms available for Saturday, 1 rooms remain.
Out of a possible 361 rooms available for Sunday, 13 rooms remain.

Hilton Hotel:
Friday Night: 98.6% of the total room block is sold
Saturday Night: 99.6% of the total room block is sold
Sunday Night: 96.2% of the total room block is sold

What's left in the Hilton?
Out of a possible 305 rooms available for Friday, 4 rooms remain.
Out of a possible 322 rooms available for Saturday, 1 rooms remain.
Out of a possible 296 rooms available for Sunday, 11 rooms remain.

Crown Plaza Hotel
Friday Night: 93.6% of the total room block is sold
Saturday Night: 100.0% of the total room block is sold
Sunday Night: 93.8% of the total room block is sold

What's left in the Crown Plaza?
Out of a possible 110 rooms available for Friday, 7 rooms remain.
Out of a possible 118 rooms available for Saturday, ZERO rooms remain.
Out of a possible 97 rooms available for Sunday, 6 rooms remain.

St. Claire Hotel:
Friday Night: 98.1% of the total room block is sold.
Saturday Night: 98.4% of the total room block is sold.
Sunday Night: 100.0% of the total room block is sold.

What's left in the St. Claire?
Out of a possible 54 rooms available for Friday, 1 rooms remain.
Out of a possible 64 rooms available for Saturday, 1 room remain.
Out of a possible 51 rooms available for Sunday, ZERO rooms remain.

Fairmont Hotel:
Friday Night: 74.3% of the total room block is sold.
Saturday Night: 88.5% of the total room block is sold.
Sunday Night: 77.3% of the total room block is sold.

What's left in the Fairmont?
Out of a possible 78 rooms available for Friday, 20 rooms remain.
Out of a possible 105 rooms available for Saturday, 12 rooms remain.
Out of a possible 75 rooms available for Sunday, 17 rooms remain.

ADVISE: Early Registration has been extended to May 22, 2007.    Time is running out...

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

Fructose

I know this is still all blank as of right now, but it reminded me of a question I need to ask.

I already have my reservation, I reserved 2 King bed rooms at the Marriott for the whole 4 days to make sure my group would be secure. However, I used my mother's credit card to reserve them. I am, however, getting mine within the next few days. I know you can edit your reservations, but will I be able to change the credit card number without trouble?

Also, say if all the rooms suddenly got booked up and I went to change my reservation, that wouldn't somehow cancel or give away my reserved rooms, would it? (Paranoia, here.)

AnimeEmperor

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: "Fructose"I know this is still all blank as of right now, but it reminded me of a question I need to ask.

I already have my reservation, I reserved 2 King bed rooms at the Marriott for the whole 4 days to make sure my group would be secure. However, I used my mother's credit card to reserve them. I am, however, getting mine within the next few days. I know you can edit your reservations, but will I be able to change the credit card number without trouble?

Also, say if all the rooms suddenly got booked up and I went to change my reservation, that wouldn't somehow cancel or give away my reserved rooms, would it? (Paranoia, here.)

Not a problem, you will need to show the credit card to the desk upon checking in and at that time you can change the credit card from your parents to yours without a hassle.

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: "AnimeEmperor"What about Thursday's?

The list will be updated on a weekly basis, normally on Saturday morning or as last a Monday afternoon...  Does that help?

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

Fructose

Quote from: "PassingTheBuck"

Not a problem, you will need to show the credit card to the desk upon checking in and at that time you can change the credit card from your parents to yours without a hassle.

Craige...

Oh, so, just for clarification, I can just show her (my mother's) credit card, she doesn't have to be there? And then all the charges go to mine?

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: "Fructose"

Craige...

Oh, so, just for clarification, I can just show her (my mother's) credit card, she doesn't have to be there? And then all the charges go to mine?

Show the person at the desk your credit card and tell them that you want all the charges for the room, placed on this card, not the one that was holding the room originally...  Okay...

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

Fructose

Thank you so much for being so helpful, and prompt for that matter!

Moonblossom

Math was never my strong suit, but this seems off to me..

Hilton Hotel:
Friday Night: 46% of the total room block is sold
Out of a possible 266 rooms available for Friday, only 69 rooms remain.

etc.

Am I missing something? 69 left of 266 is not 46% free?

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: "Moonblossom"Math was never my strong suit, but this seems off to me..

Hilton Hotel:
Friday Night: 46% of the total room block is sold
Out of a possible 266 rooms available for Friday, only 69 rooms remain.

etc.

Am I missing something? 69 left of 266 is not 46% free?

Good Catch, that's what I get for looking at the wrong spreadsheet...  You should see the corrections up now...

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

Moonblossom

Aah, hehe. cool.

I've already got my room, but for anyone else considering the Hilton, it would have been good to know which set of numbers is correct :D Thanks for fixing it.

FanFicGuru

lawl...of the 3 suites that sold right away, 2 of them were mine and the other was Karen's.

I wonder why the Marriott isn't getting any reservations? I had a good stay there the last two years. *strokes chin*
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

LadyKaren

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"lawl...of the 3 suites that sold right away, 2 of them were mine and the other was Karen's.

I wonder why the Marriott isn't getting any reservations? I had a good stay there the last two years. *strokes chin*

Hilton's slightly cheaper and it's a more well known name. I personally like Marriott more than Hilton. Plus the suite, but not the point. :P

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"lawl...of the 3 suites that sold right away, 2 of them were mine and the other was Karen's.

Hilton always sells out first... slightly bigger rooms, closer to the free internet lounge, closer to the arcade and Ballroom "J" and Starbucks...

Hilton isn't offering any suites, because we're taking them for guests and staff...

Marriott's suites are nicer, but in time you will find that the suites at the Fairmont are really, really nice...

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

FanFicGuru

Hilton always sells out first... slightly bigger rooms, closer to the free internet lounge, closer to the arcade and Ballroom "J" and Starbucks...

Hilton isn't offering any suites, because we're taking them for guests and staff...

Marriott's suites are nicer, but in time you will find that the suites at the Fairmont are really, really nice...

Craige...

The Fairmont huh?

*takes notes* Got it. ^^
Swap meet staff - 2014

LadyKaren

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"

Craige...

The Fairmont huh?

*takes notes* Got it. ^^

Rofl. I said the same thing. Litterally the first thing I did after reading that was look up the Fairmont's locations, rooms and prices. Wow.

FanFicGuru

Man oh man...that's totally insane.

Still more than 80 days left, and Hilton's pretty much booked. Marriott will follow suit witin 2 weeks I"ll bet. The rooms will probably be full a month before the convention.

Does this indicate higher attendance? Or just more people staying in rooms?

Interesting nonetheless...
Swap meet staff - 2014

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"Man oh man...that's totally insane.

Still more than 80 days left, and Hilton's pretty much booked. Marriott will follow suit witin 2 weeks I"ll bet. The rooms will probably be full a month before the convention.

My guess is that that the Marriott will sell out between the third and fourth week of this month.

Remember that this is the last month to PreReg, so the end of the month we will see a spike in people registering and booking hotel rooms.  

We are ahead of last years numbers by an excess of 60%, which does translate into more people registering for the convention.

Once the Marriott books out, there are very small blocks at the other two hotels and I'm guess that by the second week of April, the third at the latest, we will have sold out all four hotels and will be looking at the Fairmont for rooms.

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"Man oh man...that's totally insane.

My guess is that that the Marriott will sell out between the third and fourth week of this month.

Remember that this is the last month to PreReg, so the end of the month we will see a spike in people registering and booking hotel rooms.  

We are ahead of last years numbers by an excess of 60%, which does translate into more people registering for the convention.

Once the Marriott books out, there are very small blocks at the other two hotels and I'm guess that by the second week of April, the third at the latest, we will have sold out all four hotels and will be looking at the Fairmont for rooms.

Craige...

Makes me want to verify that my rooms are secure. lol...
Swap meet staff - 2014

Moonblossom

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"Makes me want to verify that my rooms are secure. lol...

Heh, if we've got our confirmation emails and stuff, I'm assuming our rooms are definitely safe and guaranteed as requested?