Anime People Might Judge Too Quickly...

Started by LordKefka, February 07, 2007, 12:29:59 AM

Ska_Kitti

Key the Metal Idol

I know only one person who watched this series in its' intirety on KTEH... me. Everyone else that I bring this series up says that they watched it through the first few episodes and gave up. "It was too confusing", "I didn't get it" or "Did Key get her friends at the end or what?"

Some anime needs patience. ^_^ It's a real mind f***cker at some points towards the end (when you find out who is related to who), but it turns out nice.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Ska_Kitti"Key the Metal Idol

I know only one person who watched this series in its' intirety on KTEH... me.
I watched it all on KTEH back in the day.  I thought it was meh.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Chun

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha.

GG everyone.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

SuperKawaiiNeko

Quote from: "Sunara Ishi"I don't think that many people think...~...Princess Tutu sucks

You'd be suprised. It starts out very childish, and most people I know dont give it more than four or five eps.  I thought it was good at the beginning, and I would have watched it all eventually, but the only reason I stuck it out and kept with the first season all at once like I did is because I saw the AMV at fanime last year so I was like "I know the awesome is in there! Come out!!! *shaekmoniter*"

Quote from: "Chun"Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha.

Amen, brother. As far as I know, I am the only person who went into it without knowing anything, and from the very first episode was like "holywtfshit this is awesome!!" Everyone else was like "Uh...I heard this anime is really good? Its dumb at the beginning...should I stop?"

Of course, the whole reason to watch the first season is simply to allow you to watch StrikerS, which is pretty much hentai its so orgasmic.

Quote from: "Chun"GG everyone.

Nooooot quite....

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you.....Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Yeah yeah, I know what youre all saying. But think about it. Sure sure, we all know its a mindtrip, and we all know everyone else does too, because we've all seen it and its so famous.

But what if everyone DIDNT know? Imagine going into NGE cold. Compare the almost happy-go-lucky feel of the first half (*chugs a beer* EVERYONE! DANCE LIKE YOU WANT TO WIN!) to the second half (Do you like me? Do you like me Shinji? Do you like me?)

I submit that just because its fame precedes it and it doesnt actually mislead anybody anymore doesnt mean that it isnt the most misleading (or otherwise prematurely judged.)
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

KawaiiAngel

QuoteSolty Rei - "This is boring", "this is crap".. blah blah.. I heard it all from people who have seen it when it came out on fansubs then diminished until it was finally picked up. First few episodes (maybe 7 or started out pretty generic and the characters were boring. but somehow, it picked up like it found some caffeine pills and plowed it's way in having one of the most satisfying endings.[quote/]

Really? Solty Rei makes the list?? I really liked that anime =[ I saw the first 5 episodes...I thought it was pretty good