HG costume fits with policy or not?

Started by quantbits, February 07, 2007, 12:34:29 AM

quantbits

So I have a pair of leather shorts for my HG costume: (relative safe for work)

http://shinjixikari.com/misc/click.jpg

I will wear black underwear so everything covers, but I was wondering if the zippers, are too S&M and will be allowed within the convention center. I thought it going to be plain when I bought in Rinkya, but no.

Thx in adv to staff for answering this question. Mods, feel free to move it whereever it needs to be.

Asa_Gohan

I think it should be relatively okay to wear that. If you think about it, in I believe 03, there was a person who cosplayed as Chocolat from Sorcerer Hunters and she was in her mistress form which well...It barely covered up >.> But IMO on the HG costume, it should be okay to wear. I believe, but dont quote me on this, its okay to wear any costume as long as it doesnt contain any nudity

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

DayDreamerNessa

Quote from: "Asa_Gohan"I think it should be relatively okay to wear that. If you think about it, in I believe 03, there was a person who cosplayed as Chocolat from Sorcerer Hunters and she was in her mistress form which well...It barely covered up >.> But IMO on the HG costume, it should be okay to wear. I believe, but dont quote me on this, its okay to wear any costume as long as it doesnt contain any nudity

I'm pretty sure it was in '04 i remember because it was at the new hotel, instead of the westin.

On the fanime site, if you click on the cosplay section you'll see hall cosplay and this follows it

"Any genre of cosplay is allowed for Hall Cosplay, but all costumes must be suitable for all audiences. This convention is a family-friendly event, and there will be people of all ages present throughout the convention. Please keep this in mind when designing and choosing your costumes, and allow your common sense and good taste to prevail. FanimeCon reserves the right to deem a costume as unacceptable and request the wearer make modifications as necessary. "

Now I don't know if zip up shorts are that bad, but if you're at the con and you get stopped by a staff member then I guess they don't think it's appropriate. You can always contact the cosplay mods, and see if you get a reply, but as far as I know they haven't been responding, because they don't keep up on the forums, or are busy so you might not get a quick response. I personally don't think there is anything wrong with your shorts well they look more like booty shorts XD, but I'm more liberal with what i think is fine, though i'm sure parents may have different opinions ya know?

Just ask yourself do you see those shorts as being family-friendly?

edit: actually looking back it's more of the length that i think would get you in trouble, i'm not too familiar with hard gay's shorts, but i don't think there that short, but i dunno you'll have to ask the cosplay mods to see what they think.
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

quantbits

don't worry, I have black trunks which will cover up the rest.

just the ambigouus "family" clause bothers me. but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. (I'll save the anti-family fun/dub argument for a more useful thread.)

PS - yeah I was kinda hoping the mods would answer soon, but I have 3 months of patience it's all good.
I'm cleared for AX, so I care a little less if I can't wear it @fanime, worst is I go outside anyways =)

thx all for input!

bahamutknightzero

I'm sure it'll be ok, I heard from a friend of mine that there was a HG cosplay last year. If you're still a bit unsure, you could wear the costume around the evening since there won't be that many families with children present.

quantbits

indeed. I just thought I'd check in advance since I've got so much time...