Yep
2 (66.7%)
No, not this year
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: August 21, 2007, 12:21:30 AM

PyronIkari

I just got back from EVO, tired.

Tournament didnt' have too many upsets(imo) or anything strange happening outside of... Japanese team getting beat by JuicyG's in prelims of GGXX:AC, uh... Random Makoto player form NorCal(who I almost beat in pools) making top 5...

Rest went as I thought it would.

Made 140$ on sidebets on games, woulda been more but I missed out on a few I wanted to bet on. Smash was pretty retarded to watch, the only fun part was me and Marneto betting on crap and screaming random shit while they played the finals. I made 30$ on that.

Played a bunch of Vampire Savior, and A3 with Sabre and company. THat was amusing shit.

Dunno, everything else is same 'ol to me.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "PyronIkari"I just got back from EVO, tired.

Tournament didnt' have too many upsets(imo) or anything strange happening outside of... Japanese team getting beat by JuicyG's in prelims of GGXX:AC, uh... Random Makoto player form NorCal(who I almost beat in pools) making top 5...

Rest went as I thought it would.

Made 140$ on sidebets on games, woulda been more but I missed out on a few I wanted to bet on. Smash was pretty retarded to watch, the only fun part was me and Marneto betting on crap and screaming random shit while they played the finals. I made 30$ on that.

Played a bunch of Vampire Savior, and A3 with Sabre and company. THat was amusing shit.

Dunno, everything else is same 'ol to me.
damn, i would've thought the Japanese team would have won...oh well, it happens.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Barnes

Are you ready for the results?
Heres a source:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=137364

Quote from: "DoughBoy from SRK"
I should make explicit that what follows isn't official. The roughly outline of EVO's schedule can be found here.

I can update this post as news unfolds. Please abstain from dick-ish behavior (like false reporting) in this thread, some of us actually care. Support and praise for local players are welcome.

EVO live stream, courtesy of Ponder (one of the Super Cannon Bros.), found originally from this thread. Quality is so-so (in contrast to what SBO had), but it kicks ass none the less. The service can allegedly handle a huge amount of traffic. I'm sure this weekend will put it to the test. The stream is off, but all streams from this weekend are cached for later viewing.

MvC2 - The All American Game (if you don't play it, you hate freedom)
1. Mike "IFCYipes" Mendoza
2. Justin Wong
3. Smoothviper
4. Chris Schmidt
5. Fanatiq / Brandon "Demon Hyo" Deshields
7. Potter / Sanford Kelly

VF5
1st. Itazan (Shun Li)
2nd. Nuki (Aoi, Pai)
3rd. Otome (Jacky)
4th. Tokido (Pai)
5th. Ino (Kage) / Myke (Kage)
7th. Renzo (Brad) / Sean Howard (Brad)

CvS2
1) Bas (a blanka/vega/bison, a vega/blanka/bison)
2) Ricky Ortiz (a vega/sakura/blanka)
3) justin wong (c vega/chun/sagat, a vega/sakura/blanka)
4) kindevu (a sakura/bison/blanka)
5) Tokido (a sakura/bison/blanka, a sakura/blanka/bison)
Buktooth (n iori/chun/hibiki, n iori/morrigan/hibiki)
7) john choi (c sakura/ken/sagat, c ken/guile/sagat)
combofiend (k ken/sagat/cammy)

ST
1. Tokido (Claw)
2. John Choi (Ryu, Sagat)
3. Graham Wolfe (Boxer, Claw)
4. Afrolegends (Dee Jay, Boxer)
5. David Sirlin (Honda, Bison) / NKI (Chun)
7. Alex Valle (Ryu) / Nuki (Chun)

GG:AC Teams (In case anyone cares)
1. Yossan
2. Shittalk
3. Kabuki
4. Matlockdown

SSBM
1. Ken (Marth)
2. Hugs (<-Samus)
3. Mango (<-Jigglypuff)
4. PC Chris (Falco/Fox)
5. Chu Dat (<-IceClimbers)
5. Eddie (<-Ganon)
7. Chillindude (Fox)
7. DieSuperFly (Shiek)

3s
1. Nuki
2. Tokido
3. Alex Valle
4. Mike Wakefield
5. Fubarduck / David "Aznhitler" Hem
7. Ricky Ortiz / Ed Ma

T5:DR
1. Arario
2. Spero Gin
3. Bronson
4. Kane
5. Filthyrich / Slips
7. Mr. Naps / 725

- Yosuke takes 3rd in VF!!!
- No NW talent in the ST top 8.
- Nate "XTG" Montes made it out of his ST pool in the loser's bracket but fell shy of the top 8.
- Pablo_the_Mex Basilio peaced out of ST by Tom Cannon. Seattle pride either way, since the Cannon Bros. used to live around here.
- Alex "umbrellastyle" Kelly is out of ST.
- Joshua "JTM" Ray in top 32 for Tekken.
- Sam "Hebrew Hammer" Yatchmenoff out of 3s.
- Look at Marvel. This is what happens when Seattle doesn't attend. What happened to Chunk? And yes, all of Team Beast Coast for the 5v5 made top 8.
- Josh "JTM" Ray over TomHilfiger 10-2 in a Tekken mm.
- Marvel looks REALLY choppy in the feed.
-I think Preppy was on the big screen at -16:00 of the second MvC2 pool block footage. Might've been Ranma though, since he also uses that team periodically.
- Duc Jr. loses game 1 badly to Demon Hyo, then resets game 2 before getting perfected at the very end of (roughly -3:00) Part 4 of the MvC2 Friday footage.
- Duc Jr. 10-6 over JWong's low tier team of Jill, Ruby Heart, Ken.
- Valle over JWong in 3s pools.
- JWong over John Choi in the 5 game exhibition:
Choi wins A2 3-0
Wong wins MvC2 3-0
Choi wins ST 3-1
Wong wins 3S 3-1
Wong wins CvS2 3-2

Credit mostly to Deezo, but also harvested from various threads and IRC. Again, NOT official results here. Nate, Alex, Pablo, Julien, SamY, and Josh, good luck.
Some MvC2 MM updates a la Preppy from the EVO results thread:

potter over nelson 10-6, potter winning $400
isaac loses to potter 5-1 and has to get a pink POTTER temporary tattoo
josh lost to duc 5-2
yipes beat chunksta 4-1
cableguy beats eric 7-5
cableguy beats infinite 7-5
fanatic over eric 5-0
illan beat eric 5-2
illan beat desmond 'x' 4-2
bill over sanford 4-2
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

PyronIkari

Other things need to be added to that, like Hsien beats Amir 10-9, Arlieth wins Melty Blood Singles tourney, Duc Jr./DarkPrince REFUSES to play Justin for money if Justin uses his real team with 20/1 odds.

Bunch more crap too.

alkaline

Augh ... I'm dying to see the Super Turbo footage. I didn't see Afro play Balrog at all during EVO West  :(

PyronIkari

Quote from: "alkaline"Augh ... I'm dying to see the Super Turbo footage. I didn't see Afro play Balrog at all during EVO West  :(

He raped Valle, but it's sorta unfair. T.Hawk stage on Collections has weird slowdown issues, you can see Valle throw like 5 s.RH's that were supposed to be tigers and crap. Same with Nuki vs. Choi. Gief stage has weird speed up issues, so Vega rapes on that stage.

Emerge

Quote from: "PyronIkari"
Quote from: "alkaline"Augh ... I'm dying to see the Super Turbo footage. I didn't see Afro play Balrog at all during EVO West  :(

He raped Valle, but it's sorta unfair. T.Hawk stage on Collections has weird slowdown issues, you can see Valle throw like 5 s.RH's that were supposed to be tigers and crap. Same with Nuki vs. Choi. Gief stage has weird speed up issues, so Vega rapes on that stage.

i was wondering what that whole deal with the t. hawk/gief stage rule when i was going through the rule list on the website. care to clarify?

PyronIkari

There's a lot of issues on different stages in Classics version of ST.

Because of bad emulation sound/animation on some stages causes the speed to change.

Gief stage runs too quickly, so a character like Balrog(Claw) has a huge advantage because the game runs faster than normal, and his already retarded fast wall dive becomes faster. On a different stage like, T.Hawk or Fei Long, the game has a slowdown issue. Sounds lag, so the game lags in return. Moves need to be done slightly slower otherwise the motion doesn't fully register and moves don't come out, and timing on links will be a split second slower.

It's not very apparent, but when you're trying to link moves that are 2-3 frames, that lag will make you press it too early causing moves to not come out, or on Gief's stage, too late causing it to be easilly blocked.

I'm too lazy to write a list of which stages have which actions, but there's only about 4 playable stages, about half have a lag issue, and about 3 have a speed up issue.

Tsubasa

Quote from: "PyronIkari"Arlieth wins Melty Blood Singles tourney
To expound on that:

EVO World MBAC singles:
1st Arlieth (Nero)
2nd Veteru (Nanaya)
3rd Leo (Satsuki)
4th Fubarduck (Nero)
6th magz (Vermillion Akiha), Alt (Warakia)
8th Scott (Ciel) Psylocke (Akiha)

And the team tourney that happened the day prior (Friday):

1st Choco & Q-Chu
2nd Veteru & Jaime
3rd Scott & Leo
4th Arlieth & Jaxx
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Barnes

Yay, Haruko.

Simna

SSBM Full Semifinals bracket results:

1st: Ken (Marth)
2nd: Hugs (<-Samus)
3rd: Mango (<-Jigglypuff)
4th: PC Chris (Falco/Fox)
5th: Chu Dat (<-IceClimbers)
5th: Eddie (<-Ganon)
7th: Chillindude (Fox)
7th: DieSuperFly (Shiek)
9th: Edgar Valentin
9th: George-Is
9th: CHAD
9th: Mew2King
13th: Wesley
13th: Gilbert
13th: Simna
13th: Cactuar
17th: Ismael
17th: Lucky
17th: VickO
17th: ARASH
17th: Roy
17th: Francisco
17th: SK-12
17th: Gus
25th: Twist
25th: Kelly
25th: G-Force
25th: Zach! Pollard
25th: Brett
25th: Nathan
25th: Carlos
25th: Richard
33rd: Sean Oh
33rd: JC Gross
33rd: Akanei
33rd: Tim Vita
33rd: Simon
33rd: Sexy
33rd: Justin Sia
33rd: Bruce Edwards
33rd: Tahir
33rd: David Taylor 'Dat Man'

lol i was aiming higher but i think that's ok out of the 1000 or so ppl who entered in smash circuit of the evo series this year

Chloe

Man, EVO was so much fun this year.  I can't wait for next year.  They better leave VF5 in for next year, and also add in DOA 4. lol. I wanna play in those two next year.

Next year's is going to be so awesome. D:

Renzo (Ohsu) got into the Finals for VF, hooray!
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

Barnes

The dvds for this year should be on sale starting tomorrow.
Me want! :)
Yay, Haruko.

Mizuki

Oh hey what's up. You can buy the DVD's now, if anyone HASN'T bought them, and not related SBO DVDs are on sale too. I watched Melty which was pretty dope.

Evo was cool for me (Little late?) Got some money in ST, lost some in CvS2, Running the brackets for Melty Blood, while running back to ST, then running back to run brackets, then going back for ST, to eventually lose to a Sim player with Noggie Train. I fell asleep when the Japanese players came to the room I was sleeping in, (at that moment) woke up to see them leave. I wanted to get some CvS2 with them but oh well. I think the funniest thing I saw was either Mago really really wasted, or Mint hitting on Jaime (GG^C Testament player.)