Fanime rec room

Started by otakuya, February 12, 2007, 07:11:13 PM

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: "HentaiTentacleDemon"so, i'm guessing that the arcade is gonna be sealed off from the public again this year...
Well all the more reason that you should have a badge!! Show your love and support to Fanime, as well as helping them finance everything! It's EXPENSIVE to rent so much of that convention area T_T

HentaiTentacleDemon

Hey, I'm registered man! Don't assume! It's all my buddies at shoryuken.com I'm concerned for. The majority of them are not anime fans. They only care about gaming, so have to pay $50 just to enter an already overpriced arcade is not a bargain deal.

Besides, what about all of the quarters that are going into the machine? Isn't that profit too? More people = more quarters.

otakuapprentice

so, in essence, it'll be like this?

Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: "HentaiTentacleDemon"so, i'm guessing that the arcade is gonna be sealed off from the public again this year...

Yep, the first year we had it on the concourse, we had damage to the machines and the next year was much the same thing and last year, low and behold no damage.  

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: "HentaiTentacleDemon"Hey, I'm registered man! Don't assume! It's all my buddies at shoryuken.com I'm concerned for. The majority of them are not anime fans. They only care about gaming, so have to pay $50 just to enter an already overpriced arcade is not a bargain deal.

Besides, what about all of the quarters that are going into the machine? Isn't that profit too? More people = more quarters.

Sorry about your friends not having 'free' access to the machines, but the design of the event (Fanime) is to support those who paid for the privilage to be at the event.  

To be honest the whole acrade 'thing' was a off play from what BayCon use to do on the 2nd floor of the Doubletree Hotel and they only had about six to eight machines.  Okay, we're larger, but it was never meant to be a cash cow or main draw event for Fanime.

The whole idea behind it was for the attendees to have a place to go and let off steam between panels, activities or to meet others in a friendly environment.

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: "otakuapprentice"so, in essence, it'll be like this?

Yes, that's about it.  You're really good at reading minds from a far...

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

Ayanami Rei First Child

Sweet! Now I can easily skip from an intense console gaming session to a great tabletop session!! <3

I also think this will be really good for tabletop potentially, as it would give it a LOT more exposure then normal. Always before it's been pushed off to the side. This time it'll be in perfect viewing for people to discover the awesome that is tabletop gaming! <3

otakuya

Yeah, it's nice to see tabletop getting a bigger and better room now. The past few years, the TTG room was cramped and starting to smell at some times. Finally, some air!

Ayanami Rei First Child

Yeah not to mention I'll have a chance to play pool! ....not that I'm actually good at pool....I just like playing it ^^;;

Well if people were damaging the machines, then that's bad, ESPECIALLY since there's strong evidence to support that non-Fanime attendees were doing the damage. So I think that more then outweighs the small benefit of people who weren't able to play.

Besides....we have CONSOLE games, many of them hosting arcade style games or even arcade themselves, except you don't have to pay to play! It seems silly to want to pay to play when you have free gaming right next door...

With the exceptions of DDR and other unique type games.

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"Yeah not to mention I'll have a chance to play pool! ....not that I'm actually good at pool....I just like playing it ^^;;

Well if people were damaging the machines, then that's bad, ESPECIALLY since there's strong evidence to support that non-Fanime attendees were doing the damage. So I think that more then outweighs the small benefit of people who weren't able to play.

Besides....we have CONSOLE games, many of them hosting arcade style games or even arcade themselves, except you don't have to pay to play! It seems silly to want to pay to play when you have free gaming right next door...

With the exceptions of DDR and other unique type games.

I wouldn't bet on a pool table being there... They are normally very expense investments for a very small return...  Air Hockey yes, pool tables, no...  Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

Ayanami Rei First Child

Damn....no pool table? Well that sucks. Well at least we'll have air hockey ^_^