Does anyone else watch Code Geass?

Started by LastElixir, February 14, 2007, 12:29:00 AM

mDuo13

April 6.

Previews are already out. Should be good.
Quote from: Spoilers from previewToudou and Ougi apparently arrested, Kallen kicking ass in a bunny suit, C.C. kissing Lelouch, Chinese Guy(?) kicking ass, new character (Lolo Lamperouge)

RyuHayabusa

Ok. episode 1 of Code Geass season 2 is out. My thoughts on this:

1st episode is almost the same parallel as episode 1 of season 1, i'll leave it at that since most people haven't watched it yet. They are some mysteries here as well on who Rolo is and the resurgence of the black knights, what happened to Suzaku, the emperor having a geass and the absence of memories that Lelouch has and the attitude he shows to the japanese, the reason why Kallen is working as a bunny girl and C.C's plan to bring back Lelouch, reawaken the geass and let him become Zero once more. \\citizens..

Overall, a good beginning to the 2nd season, despite that they are some questions on what happened to Nunnally. I'm not going to say anymore until you guys watch it. But yea, i'm psyched already for the next episode. :3

My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Rei-Rei

I've finished the first series, and I found out the second was out a while ago, but yeah this is a very VERY good series.
Its one of those animes that were well planned and executed.

Mister_E

A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Makou

First episode of Code Geass R2 has not disappointed. Glad to see the writers aren't pulling any punches.

Sunara Ishi

.... umm... that was a little bizarre. -.-;

For most of the episode I was wondering if it was a parody or some sort of alternate reality. -.-;
That and wondering when Nunnally turned into a he. Lol. Rolo must be some sort of bastard clone of Suzaku and Lelouch's genes.

I hope it will be great.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

mDuo13

Just as I suspected, the first episode doesn't pick off quite where the last season left us... but it starts to catch up a lot quicker than I imagined.

Quote from: SpoilerI suspect that Roro is not (as Sunara thought) Nunnaly, but someone else... either V.V. in disguise (unlikely), or just a miscellaneous Brittanian that whoever-brainwashed-Lelouch found to be his annoying sidekick/friend. What I'm really wondering now, though, is how many people from the school and whatnot have been brainwashed. The entire student council sans Kallen?

Aside: Looks like most, if not all, of the footage from the previews was in the first episode. Interesting.

Kirtro

I admit I like this episode, but to me it does not live up to the last episode (ep 24-25 was madness, R2 EP 1 was kinda meh compared to that) it seamed like they used yet another death note-esc element
Quote from: Spoiler the memory wipe and recovery

but really wish it would have taken place a little closer to the events of season 1

still liked it though
You most likely read my name wrong

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Kirtro on April 09, 2008, 09:20:40 PM
I admit I like this episode, but to me it does not live up to the last episode (ep 24-25 was madness, R2 EP 1 was kinda meh compared to that) it seamed like they used yet another death note-esc element

but really wish it would have taken place a little closer to the events of season 1

still liked it though

I know later on in the series will be explained the reason why the time skip and what happened on that island at the end of episodes 24 and 25. Patience will be virtue here and i can't wait for that explanation :3

Spiritsnare

Quote from: Kirtro on April 09, 2008, 09:20:40 PMit seamed like they used yet another death note-esc element

Don't credit it to Death Note. Quite a number of plots have used that kind of element in different ways. Hell, if we narrow it down to just memory loss, that's what Lelouch's Geass does.

We don't even know whether or not it was self-imposed a la Death Note.
epic progressive

vox

mDuo13

Quote from: Spiritsnare on April 10, 2008, 11:09:54 AM
Quote from: Kirtro on April 09, 2008, 09:20:40 PMit seamed like they used yet another death note-esc element

Don't credit it to Death Note. Quite a number of plots have used that kind of element in different ways. Hell, if we narrow it down to just memory loss, that's what Lelouch's Geass does.

We don't even know whether or not it was self-imposed a la Death Note.

I don't see how it could've been, since Lelouch has already used that trick. (See: Season 1 episode 16.)

Lisu

Rei-Rei

I've heard they got more funds to spend on the second season, though that may be a rumor.
I'm hoping this turns out really well.

Tsubasa

Darn you Goto Yuko!  Why must you keep getting flattering roles?
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

heeroyuy135

Oniko

so I just saw episode 2 for season two.
Blew me away.  I was a little disappointed with the 1st ep but this one helped to redeem the show.
To mDuo13 you'll be happy to know why Lulu's memory is lost
You'll also see what happened at the end of the first season
I wont spoil if for you guys but when it ended I was like "What!? *does double take*".
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

mDuo13

RyuHayabusa

reaction to episode 2:

Holy Crap. Highlight if you want to read my thoughts on this episode, and they are SPOILERS, so beware:

SUZAKU=MOTHERFUCKING SON OF BITCH.

Seriously, that was my whole reaction. He must get thrown to the 10th level of hell now.

Highlight for Spoilers as well:

Wow. I know this may sound spoilerish, so here's my reaction to thewhole Tower of Babel falling splitting in half and looking like the Twin Towers? and man, the Emperor, double geass? WTF, MAN, WTF? who gave it to him? and Rollo, I still say he's V.V in Disguise or a pawn being used by the emperor and V.V. Wow, the conclusion to the duel was also a big wtf moment. I was expecting either Lelouch or Suzaku to get shot badly. and c'mon Kallen, why in hell did you run away? I know you were in shock and all after discovering that lelouch and Zero were one and the same, but you could've stayed around to help him out or something. At least now, the chinese federation and Lelouch's Black Knights are cooperating? I can't wait to see more of the 2nd season now.

mDuo13

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on April 14, 2008, 12:43:56 AM
Wow. I know this may sound spoilerish, so here's my reaction to thewhole Tower of Babel falling splitting in half and looking like the Twin Towers? and man, the Emperor, double geass? WTF, MAN, WTF? who gave it to him? and Rollo, I still say he's V.V in Disguise or a pawn being used by the emperor and V.V. Wow, the conclusion to the duel was also a big wtf moment. I was expecting either Lelouch or Suzaku to get shot badly. and c'mon Kallen, why in hell did you run away? I know you were in shock and all after discovering that lelouch and Zero were one and the same, but you could've stayed around to help him out or something. At least now, the chinese federation and Lelouch's Black Knights are cooperating? I can't wait to see more of the 2nd season now.
My thoughts:
Quote from: SpoilersThe Emperor's double-eyed Geass is not unique - you might recall Mao also had the Geass in both eyes. What's more interesting to note is that both the Emperor nor Roro still have the power to turn OFF their Geass. Which kind of makes sense, given how excessively Lelouch used his Geass in R1, but still. Maybe C.C. is not as powerful as whoever gave the Geass to the Emperor and/or Roro? My money is on V.V. as the provider of said Geass(es). And yes, I definitely caught the Twin Towers resemblance in the Tower of Babel collapse, but this is also not the first time we've seen a collapsing tower in Geass - think back to the hotel where Euphie, Nina, et al. were hostage.

Things I still want an update on: what the heck is going on with Nina? Is Cornelia alive somewhere? When will Lloyd and Cecil return?

Spiritsnare

Quote from: SpoilersLolo's Geass is totally the power to make anyone homosexual. You just watch.

As an aside, Sunrise still needs to pull a WTF and revive Euphie somehow. GEASS REVIVAL TECHNIQUE
epic progressive

vox