Should Bleach be called Bleach?

Yes
6 (66.7%)
No
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: February 14, 2007, 12:22:43 PM

White Wind 109

Where did they come up with the name Bleach? It just puzzles me.
I play for keeps

Nina Star 9

that would be because the main character has that annoying hair colour where someone bleaches dark hair without doing anything else to it, so it turns that orangey colour. it was so distracting to the creators that they decided to name it after his hair colour. :P

Tsubasa

I like to think they mis-romanized "breach."
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Moogleborg

I have read a few reasons for it:

1) The main character, Ichigo, has his hair bleached blonde orange.

2) When the Shinigami/Death God/Soul Reapers purify hollows, the nickname of it is known as 'Bleaching'

and 3) The author of Bleach Tite Kudo, is a huge fan of the band Nirvana. He is also a fan of rock music which is why he has rock music played for most of the major characters theme tune. Coinicidentally, his favorite album from Nirvana, is their first album: Bleach.
Running on moé, 24/7/365.
Powered by Pokeshipping.
Enhanced by caffene.

White Wind 109

It was just so puzzling how they would call it Bleach.  I have to do more googling. XD
I play for keeps

Nina Star 9

Quote from: "Moogleborg"I have read a few reasons for it:

wait... are you serious? that was the dumbest answer i could think of, as i have never seen the show before, and it could be right? XD

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Nina Star 9"that was the dumbest answer i could think of...

Sometimes the dumbest answer is the correct one. ;)
epic progressive

vox

LastElixir

Quote from: "Moogleborg"I have read a few reasons for it:

2) When the Shinigami/Death God/Soul Reapers purify hollows, the nickname of it is known as 'Bleaching'

and 3) The author of Bleach Tite Kudo, is a huge fan of the band Nirvana. He is also a fan of rock music which is why he has rock music played for most of the major characters theme tune. Coinicidentally, his favorite album from Nirvana, is their first album: Bleach.

that is very accurate. :)

and yea, nina was right lol.

j

BP!

Being someone who posts so much on GameFAQs' message boards, seeing this instantly got me a little frustrated. Reason being that on ASA*, this question has been asked so damn many times since the dub started that many of us on there feel that a topic answering that deserves a sticky.

Anyways...

The main reason that it is called Bleach is because of Ichigo's hair and Nirvana's 1st album. Kubo Tite is a Nirvana fan, and he named the series after their 1st album, how Ichigo's hair is bleached, and the nickname for the purification of spirits.

I know it's already answered, but this is to make it a bit more clear and easier to understand.

Anyways, there's one more thing I want to say about this.

When you don't know about something in a series, Wiki first, ask later. Saves people the trouble of answering things more than once.

*ASA = Adult Swim Action
Cooking is a gift from the gods, spices are a gift from the devil...looks like it was a little too spicy for you. -Sanji

Mew

It's funny because I have a BLEACH t-shirt I bought in Japan and on the tag, it has the BLEACH logo and also says, "Do not bleach." X.D Ironic, isn't it?
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

ced1106

Quote from: "Nina Star 9"wait... are you serious? that was the dumbest answer i could think of, as i have never seen the show before, and it could be right? XD

At least it wasn't a typo caught after the title was finalized.

aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.