What are those dolls called?

Started by rock_lee_stalker_*stalks*, February 18, 2007, 11:54:49 AM

rock_lee_stalker_*stalks*

There are these cool dolls that I saw in this last con and it was like a doll that is like the size of a barbie and can change heads. What are they called and are any dealers selling them?
if i am sad, make me happy, if im happy, make me sad

Moonblossom

Sounds like a 27 cm Obitsu to me. They are a variant on ball-jointed dolls, which come in lots of different sizes. Obitsu are made of vinyl, most other BJDs (usually larger, too) are made of resin.

sooo.... are there any dealers or any good websites that would sell specific yet cheap obitsus? Cuz i checked it out on ebay and google, and my results werent the best...

Moonblossom

www.junkyspot.com is usually a good place to get them if you're in the US. I have no clue if they've got plans to go to Fanime though.

You're not going to find them for Barbie-like prices, their body structures are waaay more elaborate than most north american dolls, and the prices reflect that.

Hmm... you're right about the prices... But last time in Sac-anime, I saw these obitsus that had a good range of $20 prices. I hope when I go to Fanime I can find some great priced obitsu dolls (this is my first fanime so I really don't know what they sell there...)

Moonblossom

Hm, at that price they might have been something else and I just thought the wrong thing... Unless they were used?

Well, I checked out the prices on ebay, and they look reasonable. One was selling an un-open doll for only a price range of $20-$30.

Moonblossom

Oh, cool. I guess the smaller ones are a lot cheaper.

I'm actually in the market for a 60cm one, but they are several hundred dollars ><

ah interesting... Hmmm... Does the smaller dolls have removable heads?

Eh... scratch out what I said earlier. I checked out junkyspot.com, and I'm surprised at the prices of the 27cm. They are around my price range.

Well... In other words... What I'm now looking for is; Are any dealers selling any obitsus, and if so, what are the price range?

SuperKawaiiNeko

President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

yeah.. sorry about that triple posting... i kinda got a little carried away cuz I kinda had a little to much in my mind that I should've just said it all in one message box.. ^^;; i apologize...

AbsolutelyCursed

Quote from: "rock_lee_stalker_*stalks*"yeah.. sorry about that triple posting... i kinda got a little carried away cuz I kinda had a little to much in my mind that I should've just said it all in one message box.. ^^;; i apologize...

Or you could just edit your original message, especially if some new info comes up later.

.. sure.. lets go with that.. (sorry.. i'm still a n00b to this site...)... well.. lets forget about the the triple posting and lets talk about the obitsus

Megumi

I'm hoping someone will be selling volks dollfie. Did anyone see those last year? I'm dying to get a 60cm one but as mentioned by others, they are pretty darned pricey. 27 cm dolls are kinda cheap if you buy the parts seperately, least that's how it was for me. I bought a body for around 45 and a head with face-up for around 45 so my doll ended up being only about 90 bucks altogether. I've considered buying a 60cm head and sepetare body and buy the eyes so I can put them in myself and buy the paint so I could paint it myself. But I dunno.

Moonblossom

Quote from: "Megumi"I'm hoping someone will be selling volks dollfie. Did anyone see those last year? I'm dying to get a 60cm one but as mentioned by others, they are pretty darned pricey. 27 cm dolls are kinda cheap if you buy the parts seperately, least that's how it was for me. I bought a body for around 45 and a head with face-up for around 45 so my doll ended up being only about 90 bucks altogether. I've considered buying a 60cm head and sepetare body and buy the eyes so I can put them in myself and buy the paint so I could paint it myself. But I dunno.

o.O'' Someone was selling a Volks body for $45?!?! That is an incredible price. Was it new?

Junkyspot is going to be at the con, they sell Obitsus as well as a few resin dolls (DIM, Dollzone, Elfdoll), but they don't stock Volks.

Megumi

Quote from: "Moonblossom"
Quote from: "Megumi"I'm hoping someone will be selling volks dollfie. Did anyone see those last year? I'm dying to get a 60cm one but as mentioned by others, they are pretty darned pricey. 27 cm dolls are kinda cheap if you buy the parts seperately, least that's how it was for me. I bought a body for around 45 and a head with face-up for around 45 so my doll ended up being only about 90 bucks altogether. I've considered buying a 60cm head and sepetare body and buy the eyes so I can put them in myself and buy the paint so I could paint it myself. But I dunno.

o.O'' Someone was selling a Volks body for $45?!?! That is an incredible price. Was it new?

Junkyspot is going to be at the con, they sell Obitsus as well as a few resin dolls (DIM, Dollzone, Elfdoll), but they don't stock Volks.

Yeah, it was a new body. The volks EB beauty body. But it's not blushed, it's just natural skin color. It came with a head that you can put eye decals onto or paint on the face and I'm pretty sure that's why it was cheap. The seperate head I bought had eyelashes, blue eyes, and the lips were painted, but nothing more than that. Since it wasn't uprooted, I had to buy a wig.

Moonblossom

Aah, okay.
For some reason I was thinking one of the SD or MSD sized resin ones, and I freaked out ><

That's still a good deal, but not quite as OMG as I was thinking, hehe. :D