Damn You Internets! (Update #9 - The Final!)

Started by alkaline, February 19, 2007, 12:29:14 AM

alkaline

THANK YOU FANIME!

Damn You Internets! rocked Fanime 2007 for two nights of hot, epic lulz. We want to thank everyone who attended our sessions and those that continue to support us in our pursuit of VIP quality entertainment for FanimeCon.

Please enjoy the media below and watch out for our 2008 announcements!

- Mikey, Stu, James and Jared

Video
Saturday Night: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7C36LF9Q
Sunday Night Intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCulNp-lL2Y
Sunday Night, Rule /34/ Game: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=83ORL90Q
Sunday Night: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2XWH6USE

Panel Promotion: http://youtube.com/watch?v=2hEmYdpZ6Lc

Official Trailer: http://youtube.com/watch?v=51j4omWCUCY

Thank you OtakuHunter for filming!

Images

Barnes Photobucket

Official Soundtrack

Damn You Internets!: The Soundtrack!

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QTW2XE75

1. The Land of Chocolate (Loop), The Simpsons
2. Ai Wo Torimodose! (Movie Ver.), Crystal King
3. SexyBack ft. Timbaland, Justin Timberlake
4. Fanfare for Panel, Space Ghost: Coast to Coast
5. Landslide, Smashing Pumpkins
6. Marisa Stole the Precious Thing (YuGiOh Remix), Nico Nico Douga
7. Marisa Stole the Precious Thing (Haruhi Remix), Nico Nico Douga
8. Chiisa Na Te No Hira, Riya
9. ErAseRmoTor maXimUM, L.E.D.-G VS GUHROOVY
10. Narvas, Juno Reactor
11. Breakfast Machine, Danny Elfman
12. Rockit, Herbie Hancock
13. Top Gun Anthem, Harold Faltermeyer & Steve Stevens
14. The Lonely Man Theme, Joe Harnell
15. Never Gonna Give You Up, Rick Astley
16. Welcome Back, Kotter, Television Themes
17. Move Bitch, Ludacris
18. The Price is Right, Television Themes
19. My Love ft. T.I, Justin Timberlake
20. U Can't Touch This, MC Hammer
21. How Could This Happen to Me?, Simple Plan
22. Party Party Party, Andrew WK

Damn You Internets! is a panel that is unique to the California convention scene and can only be found at Fanime. If there is something you’d like to see, let us know here in the thread. If you attended the panel last year and you’d like to give us to feedback, by all means, please do so.

Update #1
Update #2
Update #3
Update #4
Update #5
Update #6
Update #7
Update #8
Update #9

Barnes

I must make it to this years panel!
I missed it last year.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

CrackPr0n

So yeah, if any of you guys have suggestions for crap you'd like to see, or for us to do, we'd like to hear it.

Though, chances are I won't give a shit what you have to say(unless it's something good), we'd still like you to throw stuff out.

alkaline

One thing I'd like to get some feedback on is the past year in image boards. It's something we should cover in the opening rounds and I'd like to hear some opinions on what were the bigger events.

Some of the more obvious ones include..

- /b/-Day and the creation of 7Chan
- The Great Habbo Raid of July 2006
- "desu" "bel-air"
- Longcat
- Danbooru

Anything else to get the ball rolling?

Asa_Gohan

could share some of the stories directly from wikichan.org which is also a good place to get some info on memes and other stuff >.>

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

alkaline

We're looking for personal recommendations as to what you would like to see covered, not a blanket statement covering the obvious resources.

Besides, Wikichan is awful.

dealerJason

Mikey,
This if Fanime, not Yaoi Con!

:)

Jason
Jason Ebner
Fanime Staffer *retired*
I was blamed for EVERYTHING! :-)
www.asahicon.org
www.blameebner.com

alkaline

[Update #1] I updated Mikey's info to reflect his awesome banned status from the forums. I'm the nice one, so hey, I'm not going to complain :D We've received our information request from Fanime management so hopefully we'll hear more official words soon.

The panel is mostly planned out at this point and we're beyond excited. When we say you'll want to be there if you want to change the internet forever, we're not kidding. We don't want to spoil anything before you guys head in there, so expect a lot of vagueness in the following months.

The biggest obstacle we're having to overcome is keeping it PG-13. I felt that swearing aside, we did a great job last year. This year we'll have to be more careful with images and whatnot, but we want to keep it accessible for the kids. Well, the under 18 set, anyways. Let's just say we're trying to make it work to our advantage.

By next update we hope to have at least our days confirmed and some presentation notes to share. See you next match!

Ayanami Rei First Child

You guys sound like you'll be on some kind of high, natural or otherwise, during this panel. Therefore I shall try to attend to see what sort of amusing antics will be done...

hybrjon

I remember going last year with my g/f and we had a lot of fun so count on us being there again!

alkaline

[Update #2] No day and date so far, but what I can say is that Damn You Internets! has been confirmed for two nights, as advertised. We've been keeping ourselves busy in the meantime with the gathering of resources and planning of the panel. Maybe we'll go into the technology behind the panel before we get there. You'd probably be surprised at what we're putting into place!

So if we can't tell you exactly when and where to be, the least we can do is show you a test slide of what we'll have on display for the two nights of the panel. We don't want to do anything too nuts, so you'll probably look at it and say, "Hey! That's just Keynote!" and you'd be right. The important thing is that you won't see me typing. So without further rambling-

God! It's, like, so witty! There are other little details to muse over, but that's pretty much it.

In other news, we're really trying to make both sessions worth your time and we're feeling nice and confident about it. We've got our guest for the second night all lined up and while the name won't ring a bell, the stipulations of this guest will make you say "O SNAPS!" We've ran it through a few times and we're positively giddy at seeing the results.

See you next match!

alkaline

[Update #3] I've got a meaty update for you guys this time around. By that I mean, it's not lacking any meat. If this update were a meat dish, it would be an all meat sausage, stuffed with your choice of meat and smothered in an all meat, meat sauce. Delicious.

One of the problems with coordinating a session like Damn You Internets! is that the majority of the panelists live nowhere near one another. Sure, Mikey and James are tight, but I'm about 500 miles north of Orange County and Stu is somewhere in Idaho. That means that we're having to take any chance we get to meet face-to-face and make arrangements.

Mikey got himself stranded up here in the Bay Area for a few weeks and has been using my place like a hotel for his burrito-fueled antics. This has worked out pretty well as we met with one of our special guests for the first time. We discussed what role they'll be playing and how they just might make you poop your pants a little. Let's just hope that Fanime has changing stations.

One topic of discussion that kept popping up was just how exactly we want to open this thing. Last year, I recall just playing the Sony E3 conference gabba remix and saying hi. Yeah, that's not going to fly. We're a legitimate production this year and we'll need a legitimate production. The technical kinks are still being worked out, but you guys will not want to miss the first five minutes of this panel. If all goes according to plan, we guarantee that you'll see it replayed across the internets over and over again. It will be, in a word, epic.

When we weren't discussing Damn You Internets!, we were playing Mortal Kombat. Lots of Mortal Kombat. So much in fact that we took an obscene amount of Johnny Cage footage and packaged it up into a montage of original content. I'd show you right now, but I have a deal with GameTrailers for the first crack at it Monday morning. So solly! Use this time to prepare yourself though. It features footage from Mortal Kombat 2, Trilogy, Shaolin Monks, The Movie and The Journey Begins, which is so awful that you'll be glad you haven't seen it until now.

See you next match!

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

alkaline

Here is that Mortal Kombat video I promised-

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=55699

It also appeared on Wired this morning. Neat!

alkaline

[Update #4] This is it folks. This is the big one. We've been checking our inboxes day and night for our scheduled times and at last, they have arrived.

To help celebrate this momentous occasion, we present to you the official trailer for Damn You Internets! Fanime.. Prepare for glory.

OFFICIAL TRAILER

Saturday, May 26th
10PM, Panel Room #3

Sunday, May 27th
9PM, Panel Room #3

From what we've been told, Panel Room #3 is the Hilton Ballroom which, with theater seatings, can fit up to 310 people! This is the grandest stage of them all, folks.

Fanime is only a month away and we still have some more details to roll out. We've got some interesting ideas that we're still kicking around and while we're not in a spoiling mood, some of them do have to do with extending the life of Damn You Internets! beyond the panel. Enjoy the trailer and spread the word! We gotta fill that ballroom, you know.

Asa_Gohan

o rly? So you want me to show up in meh party van? :3

alkaline

Quote from: "Asa_Gohan"o rly? So you want me to show up in meh party van? :3

This would be more than acceptable. Yes :)

otakuapprentice

damn, that trailer was funny as hell. im so gonna go to this!
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Asa_Gohan

You know what we need to discuss now....
Subeta Vs 4chan....You guys should know whats going on. Discuss?

alkaline

This isn't a real update but~

Good news! There is nothing overtly huge competing with Damn You Internets! Saturday at 10PM!

Bad news! It competes with Masq on Sunday at 9PM!

So if you don't play on attending masq, come visit us. I mean, really. Sunday at 9PM? What are you going to be doing other than drinking? And if you are? Bring us something, plz.

Real update to come. It's down to the wire and seriously, I haven't been able to focus on anything other than work. And by work, I mean playing Halo 3. LULZ.