Music Simulation VideoGames Gathering

Started by cherryteagirl, February 23, 2007, 11:24:40 AM

cherryteagirl

Cosplay as characters and things (yes...even the game pads...) from games like Dance Dance Revolution, Beatmania, Para Para Paradise, Parappa the Rapper, Um Jammer Lammy, Bust a Groove...etc...

We will gather on Saturday, 11:30am in the 1st floor convention center lobby (between the front doors and registration).  Just listen and follow the music!  :)

We will be meeting at the usual place for gatherings...at the front lobby enterance...near registration.

People attending the gathering:

from Beatmania II DX :
DJ Erika = cherryteagirl5 (me)
DJ Shi-low = Fallen_Magician
DJ Nyah = Linda (my friend)
DJ Duel = Fallen_Magician's friend
DJ Nix = Psychotic Jei
DJ Siren = Psychotic Jei's friend
DJ Ereki = GaMeReVoLuTiOnX
Let's try to get all the DJ's:  http://www.dragonworldz.net/alldjs.jpg

from Elite Beat Agents:
Starr = Hikaru-Jan

from Pump It Up:
Pump It Up dance pad = Barnes

from Guitar Hero II:  

Grim Ripper = Winterwhisper

from DDR:  
DDR pad = OniCourseMusha
Emi = RubymoonIII

Anyone else?

Barnes

I might go as a Pump It Up pad. But that will feel like a ripoff of "DDRGuy".
What do I do?
:P
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

cherryteagirl

I say go for it!   :D   I think it would be funny to have like a dance-off picture of you two.

I'll add you to the list...

Shinigami

I was considering being someone from Osu! Tatake! Ouendan! or Elite Beat Agents...but we'll have to see. I will if I have enough time after I do my main cosplay. It's not really on top of my priority list.

Khaistyle

This sounds relevant to my interests...but I'll probably just complain about not AAAing Holic [a].....then again I like meeting people with interests that are relevant....mmm cosplay is fine too.
I DONT PLAY BEMANI ANYMORE, BITCHES!!

cherryteagirl

thanks for showing interest!  ^_^

Let me know which costumes you decide to bring and what time is good for the gathering.

cherryteagirl

List updated:  Added from Beatmania II DX:  DJ Duel (Fallen_Magican's friend)  :D

And from cosplay.com:  
DJ Nix = Psychotic Jei
DJ Siren = Psychotic Jei's friend

XpHoBiaX

You may see me running around with a sick ass guitar. O_o I'll take pics with you guys! Though, I may not be able to be in the gathering. lol

cherryteagirl

It's cool.  ^_^  

Yeah, my friends and I will be walking around in Beatmania cosplay, hopefully you can spot us, we'll be holding vinyl records as props.  

So as for the others in the gathering, what time is good to meet on Saturday?  I'm thinking around 11:30am.   :?:

cherryteagirl

from cosplay.com

Winterwhisper will be cosplaying as Grim Ripper from Guitar Hero II.   :)

cherryteagirl

Adding to the list:  from cosplay.com OniCourseMusha as a DDR Pad and RubymoonIII as Emi from DDR.

cherryteagirl

Okay. I finally got a reply from Fallen_Magician at cosplay.com

11:30am on Saturday
is a good time for all of us to gather!  See you all there at the 1st floor convention center lobby!  Follow the music!!  And just get splash beats!!

GaMeReVoLuTiOnX

--Official NotN HoboRave DJ :D --
-Fanime SOS of 2008- ^^

cherryteagirl

cherryteagirl

Hi Everyone!  

Just wanted to let you all know that our gathering has been confirmed and added to the main list!  

Check it out here:  http://forums.fanime.com/viewtopic.php?t=4958&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Yay!   :D   Follow the beats!  See you all there!

Barnes

I've never done a cosplay gathering before, so I'm still a maybe. I need to figure out how to wear my pad without damaging it.
I'm not challenging DDR Guy to a dance-off. No way.
Yay, Haruko.

GaMeReVoLuTiOnX

Quote from: "Barnes"I've never done a cosplay gathering before, so I'm still a maybe. I need to figure out how to wear my pad without damaging it.
I'm not challenging DDR Guy to a dance-off. No way.

What? Noone busting out? Forshame. :D

Just messing.  Yes, be cautious on how you wear the pad.  We don't wanna have to carry you & your parts in case something went wrong. xD

--Official NotN HoboRave DJ :D --
-Fanime SOS of 2008- ^^

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: "Barnes"I might go as a Pump It Up pad. But that will feel like a ripoff of "DDRGuy".
What do I do?
:P
Lol!! Awesome I would like to see my own cosplay rival!  That's a tricky one since mine is broken.  Even though it might be considered a waste of money, try to find another piu pad and just take it apart, (unscrew parts from wire). And decide on how u gonna put it together.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

cherryteagirl

hey hey!  I sent you all PM reminders about the gathering ^^ check your inboxes!  

I'll have a Beatmania IIDX pad/tote bag with built-in speakers so we can listen to music while we have the gathering.  Let me know what songs you want to listen to (and from which game/version/mix too) and I'll add it to the play list.   :D

LoL.  I like how my postmeter says "Postmania IIDX"  It so fits! XD

Barnes

I'm just gonna:
1.Show up to the gathering
2.Take the pictures
3.Leave and take my pad back

Sounds lame, but I'll do the pad thing only for the hell of it.
Yay, Haruko.