Maps!

Started by Devi 1313, February 28, 2007, 09:38:57 PM

Devi 1313

Ok, so last year I never got to go to any panels. Anytime I got down in time I felt like a kid on the first day in a new school. I had a schedule but had no idea where any of these rooms were! Any chance there might be some maps printed out this year?
Fanime 2023:
Wario
Eda Clawthorne Season 1 & 2
Reagan Ridley

https://www.facebook.com/Devi1313

SuperKawaiiNeko

There should have been maps last year ^_^

There are also info desks that can tell you where to go. Not to mention Volunteers and Staffers running around left and right. I *ALWAYS* leave my vol badge showing at con so that people know its ok to come up to me and ask random questions ^_^

And if you see someone with an official looking walkie talkie, theyre probably important in some way and can tell you anything you want to know about anything, or where to go to get said information

Also: BAM!
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

The-O

Agreed, ask any staff member and they can direct you to the right direction.
I'll admit even I had trouble finding rooms last year.
The-O Network Online Executive Editor
Con Reports, Photos, News, Interviews, Reviews, and more!
www.t-ono.net

LadyKaren

Quote from: "The-O"Agreed, ask any staff member and they can direct you to the right direction.
I'll admit even I had trouble finding rooms last year.

I just walked around and looked like I knew where I was going when I was walking around in circles.

The good thing is once I get lost somewhere I know where I'm going. :P

Pimpstress Rei

Oh were the maps inside the program guide no help? Have any suggestions on making them better?
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

XpHoBiaX

lol I didn't have a schedule, but I know the layout of the building pretty damn good. xD!

I would like to see a brochure like schedule thingy, accompanied with a foldout map. If you have the time and money to create such things. I don't know how much you spend on budgets for certain things...but a nice comprehensive brochure like thingy would be nice.
Maybe, for the people who paid for all 4 days, could get a little before con map and pamphlet? I dunno. I'm just thinking outloud. I wish I lived closer to be apart of the whole workshop thingy and to attend board meetings and stuff so I know what is going on. That way I could show and tell my ideas. lol

Pimpstress Rei

Quote from: "XpHoBiaX"lol I didn't have a schedule, but I know the layout of the building pretty damn good. xD!

I would like to see a brochure like schedule thingy, accompanied with a foldout map. If you have the time and money to create such things. I don't know how much you spend on budgets for certain things...but a nice comprehensive brochure like thingy would be nice.
Maybe, for the people who paid for all 4 days, could get a little before con map and pamphlet? I dunno. I'm just thinking outloud. I wish I lived closer to be apart of the whole workshop thingy and to attend board meetings and stuff so I know what is going on. That way I could show and tell my ideas. lol

Last year after people picked up their badges, they were directed to a table with the program guide and schedules. If my plan works out, the convention map should stay in the same place which is directly behind the cover of the program guide. When I looked at it, it seemed pretty detailed.  :?

I don't know, that seems pretty reasonable to me. I prefer to print the map inside the program guide (inside the cover so it's easy to find) so that it isn't thrown away as easily. Over the years maps printed on paper have been thrown away with careless ease and we would like to save the paper and money for other projects. It seems to me that people are less likely to be as careless with the program guide than a piece of paper.

Also, if you pre-regged for all 4 days, you can pick up the program guide (with map) and hopefully the full schedule on Thursday evening. That seems early enough if you care to pick up your badge and other informationals to study for the weekend.

Near con, the map will be available on the Fanime website so you guys can study where the rooms will be to your heart's content. I'd rather not kill hundreds of trees just for the sake of a little convenience.
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Con Mom forever o.O

phoenixphire24

I had trouble finding rooms in the evening, when the info booths were closed. Instead of making tons of paper copies, would it be possible to make a few large maps (like poster sized) that could be posted at the info tables after hours? My friends and I wandered around for almost an hour trying to find a room showing anime, and no staff was to be found.

Pimpstress Rei

Quote from: "phoenixphire24"I had trouble finding rooms in the evening, when the info booths were closed. Instead of making tons of paper copies, would it be possible to make a few large maps (like poster sized) that could be posted at the info tables after hours? My friends and I wandered around for almost an hour trying to find a room showing anime, and no staff was to be found.

We'd like to, but that means we have to attach the large maps to the tables. So much so that no one can easily steal them because you know, late night pranks and whatnot occur -_- It's been done in the past and they've all been snitched in the middle of the night. Good times.

If you ever get lost, feel free to go to ConOps. They have the skinny on everything, maps, info, directions and all.

ConOps = <3
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Con Mom forever o.O

XpHoBiaX

heh, I knew that. I knew there was a packet that I recieved on the day before con. *sweatdrop*

lol, anyways, quick question:
Is there a way I could get my packect mailed to me? I don't live anywhere near Sj. (I live in Ione, near Jackson. way waaaaay up north.)
If not, that's alright, I'll be leaving early enough...I hope.

Pimpstress Rei

Quote from: "XpHoBiaX"heh, I knew that. I knew there was a packet that I recieved on the day before con. *sweatdrop*

lol, anyways, quick question:
Is there a way I could get my packect mailed to me? I don't live anywhere near Sj. (I live in Ione, near Jackson. way waaaaay up north.)
If not, that's alright, I'll be leaving early enough...I hope.

Unfortunately not. We want everyone to pick up their bag of goodies at con so that no one forgets theirs at home or loses it on the way to con, etc. This way we know that everyone gets one while on the premises and also we don't have to worry about like the postal office losing your bag. Plus the cost of mailing out everything beforehand would be astronomical. Not to mention having to order more program guides/printing schedules for people who forgot or lost theirs.

Don't forget that's why we standardize everything. We keep all the badges, bag of goodies the same because we can't cater to each and every one of the 10,000 members who attend the con (plus guests, plus industry, plus dealers).
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Con Mom forever o.O

Ayanami Rei First Child

Hmmmm.....you make for some VERY good points there Rei. Please make sure you label "Jack In The Box" on there since it's the only place that's open for food for those of us to stay up all night >.<

Also....YOU'RE A REI TO!! <3 <3 <3

Pimpstress Rei

Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"Hmmmm.....you make for some VERY good points there Rei. Please make sure you label "Jack In The Box" on there since it's the only place that's open for food for those of us to stay up all night >.<

Also....YOU'RE A REI TO!! <3 <3 <3

It was on the food map last year, and it will be on the food map this year =) No worries.

^_^
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Con Mom forever o.O

Ayanami Rei First Child

Woohoo! I hope to see you this year, as I don't remember seeing you last year o.o;

It's great to know that a place like that is on a map. Now all I need is a friend to drive me to that place when I stay up all night <3

SuperKawaiiNeko

Taco Bell is usually open pretty late, as well. Not to mention Wendy's, and stuff like Denny's

Head of Volunteers 2010

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: "SuperKawaiiNeko"Taco Bell is usually open pretty late, as well. Not to mention Wendy's, and stuff like Denny's
Hmmmm.....the problem lies in finding someone with a damn vehicle who wants to drive me around late at night.

Anyone want to volunteer? You'll get an invite to play DBZ Tenkaichi 2 on PS2 or Naruto 4 in my hotel room if you do o.o

SuperKawaiiNeko

http://forums.fanime.com/viewtopic.php?t=6658&start=0

Three quarters down the page for details! Gogogo!

Head of Volunteers 2010

Pimpstress Rei

Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"Woohoo! I hope to see you this year, as I don't remember seeing you last year o.o;

It's great to know that a place like that is on a map. Now all I need is a friend to drive me to that place when I stay up all night <3

Who, me? I don't go to forum meetings. I'm usually too tired by the end of the day to go to any of the forum gatherings. I'm cool with having room service in my room ^_^
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Con Mom forever o.O

Ayanami Rei First Child

Awww.....that's too bad. You sound like an interesting person, and it's always fun to meet another "Rei" ^^

Pimpstress Rei

Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"Awww.....that's too bad. You sound like an interesting person, and it's always fun to meet another "Rei" ^^

If you asked the other department managers or any of the division directors, I'm sure they'd tell you I'm a pretty crazy person. Then again, crazy people are the most interesting and entertaining in a pinch, heh heh.

If this year is as bad as last year, I will only be able to spend 15 minutes in the dealer's room and I will only see Tony for approximately 10 hours during the entire con. >.<
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Con Mom forever o.O