Some newbie questions about the Fanime Singing Contest~!

Started by anime_freakx1000, March 03, 2007, 02:44:36 PM

anime_freakx1000

XD;;..I have a couple of questions about the singing contest. ^^
Obviously, I have never attended it, so please bear with me. ^^;;

1. Do we need to supply the karaoke for the song that we are going to sing?

2. Can we listen to the real singer, while singing with the karaoke? Like, listening to the real singer in the ear phones, while the karaoke is not<---meaning by everyone can hear the karaoke?..

3. Is the karaoke contest usually on Fridays?..I heard that last year, it was on a Friday.

4. Do we need to pay to get into the karaoke contest?

5. Does it go by first come-first serve basis in the karaoke contest? Like there are 30 reserved places? After 30 people, you can't join?..o.O...

6. Do you get a prize for winning?..XD;;

7. Are there first, second, and third places? XD;;

8. Can you have lyrics? If they do give it, is it in....romaji? ^^;;

Thank you lots!! Sorry for the many questions. ^^;;

zoupzuop2

Good afternoon! Sorry to take so long!
Actually, the singing contest is simply Karaoke, although there is a winner. I'll answer accordingly, but Galewolf would be the one to contact for questions such as your own:

1) You may bring Karaoke files or the original songs. If the song has vocals on it already, vocal dampening will be provided, at the cost of sound quality.

2) Sorry, no earphones T_T

3) Uhh... I think it's on Friday... not too sure.

4) The cost to get in is FREE.99. A grand total of $0.00 and a 2% tax are required to get in.

5) Unsure of this one. That's Galewolf's area of expertise.

6) I dunno. Never got past the first round myself... (PICK A SONG IN YOUR RANGE. I WARN YOU FROM EXPERIENCE.)

7) The places are "1st" and "everybody else", if I'm not mistaken. Rather tight judging, but it works to keep everyone competitive.

8) Erm... lyrics? How so? You can bring a sheet up with you, but you've gott'a be able to read it.

That's what I know about the matter... I hope I can meet'cha at the Karaoke soon enough!
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

anime_freakx1000

Hello. XD~!
Do we HAVE to bring karaoke files? XD;;....Or will they provide it.
Thank you very much for answering some of my questions. ^^

Oh, and I have already paid for the registration and such...but don't I need a badge to get in?..or will they mail it. o.O?

Hank-KKD

QuoteDo we HAVE to bring karaoke files? XD;;....Or will they provide it.
You can bring your own music if you have it. If you don't, you can choose a song from our song library when you sign up for the contest. If the music is not a karaoke version (i.e. it has the singing voice) the vocal track will be filtered out. If it's your own music be sure to test this at home first, because the filtering software can have weird effects on the song.

Quote2. Can we listen to the real singer, while singing with the karaoke? Like, listening to the real singer in the ear phones, while the karaoke is not<---meaning by everyone can hear the karaoke?..
If you are using a karaoke version of this song, obviously there would be no real singer. If using a non-karaoke version, the original singer will be filtered out by the software we use.

Quote3. Is the karaoke contest usually on Fridays?..I heard that last year, it was on a Friday.
Yes, it was Friday last year. I will make an announcement on the day for this year when the rules are posted at the end of this month.

Quote5. Does it go by first come-first serve basis in the karaoke contest? Like there are 30 reserved places? After 30 people, you can't join?..o.O...
All signups are first come first serve.  We will take 25 people via online signup to start in early May, and 5 people at the con. After 30 people, we'll take a waiting list.

Quote6. Do you get a prize for winning?..XD;;
All finalists should get something, subject to prize availability.

7. Are there first, second, and third places? XD;;
The finalists are ranked first place to tenth place.

8. Can you have lyrics? If they do give it, is it in....romaji? ^^;;

For the contest, it is up to the contestant to provide lyrics of their own. We  do not guarantee that any particular song lyric will be available. Web search is your friend.

anime_freakx1000

Ohh. Thanks. That explains a lot. Thank you again! XD!!~

Michi

Quote from: "anime_freakx1000"Ohh. Thanks. That explains a lot. Thank you again! XD!!~

I recommend AnimeLyrics.tv if you need lyrics. :) I've submitted there for years. :D
~ don't dream it, be it ~

Facebook / Twitter / Tumblr

SeoRaiji

the Filter does weird stuff to the song?...hmm anyone wanna test "Innocent Sorrow - Abingdon Boys School" for me? lol i dunno how to work filters >.<

yumicchi88

how can i test out the dampening at home?
i mean, is there any freeware or something that i can download?
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!