Video Games Import

Started by videogamesnewyork, March 03, 2007, 05:55:26 PM

videogamesnewyork

Hi to everyone.
We are coming this year to FanimeCon
We are a video game boutique specialized in retro and import videogames.
Famicom, Super Famicom, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Sega saturn, Ps1, ps2, ps3, psp, game boy, ds , game cube, wii
Please let us know what are you looking for so we can bring it

Thank you

giulio

VideoGamesNewYork
202 East 6th street
New York, NY 1003
Tel. (212) 539-1039
VideoGamesNewYork
202  East 6th street
New York, NY 10003
Tel. (212) 539-1039

FanFicGuru

Oh man oh man oh man...

If you're legit, then yes please. Here's a list:

Dreamcast (the system and following games):
SoulCalibur
Crazy Taxi
Chu Chu Rocket
Cannon Spike
Power Stone 1 & 2
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

Super Nintendo (the system and following games):
CHRONO TRIGGER
Final Fantasy 3
Secret of Mana
Secret of Evermore
Super Mario World
Mega Man X-X3

I understand a lot of those are very rare...but I'd be willing to take a look through your prices and stuff. I'd definitely be interested in a Dreamcast.

Rawk on old-school gaming. Rawk on.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

SuperKawaiiNeko

Sweet! This may sound obvious, but I would reccomend bringing games that you cant get domestically. You would be suprised how many times Ive seen import game booths at cons and 90% of their stock are the japanese versions of FFX, Gekitou Ninja Taisen, Metal Gear, and other games that have popular domestic releases, or will soon. The only time I want to see an import of a domestic game at a con is when there is something hideously wrong with the domestic version (such as the translation or voice acting) or when there is something out and out missing (such as the alteranate text in .hack, or the optional grid in FFX International.)

Other than that, you should be good. I would reccomend bringing along anything anime, or with anime style graphics. Also, especially for your older systems, games in popular series' that never made it to america. Like the older Gyakuten Saiban games, and stuff like Seiken Densetsu 3.

Of course, this is just my opinion XD
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

Barnes

The only import I'm looking for is:
F-Zero Climax (GBA)

Can you bring that in this year?

But I second
Power Stone 1 & 2
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

G.I.R

Drools... :D

Were you at Anime Expo last year?  I may have bought some stuff from you.  Either way, I'm looking for "Mezase Sen-Kyu" for the Playstation.

Makou

Imports?

DJMax 1 and 2 (otherwise I'll just buy it online in 3 weeks).
Honestly... that's really about it.

EDIT: That new Higurashi game for the PS2. I'll buy that if it has voices in it (I can't read Japanese texts).\

EDIT again: Apparently Higurashi has voice acting in it. I'm going to buy this no matter what.

videogamesnewyork

We have most of the stuff ou guys are looking for.
The Fzero I think we are out and it's impossible to get it and marvel vs capcom 1 and 2 for dcast are going very fast at the store every time we get them in so I don't know if we would get some for the show.
The new import don't worry we are getting them. Dj max 1 is in stock 2 will arrive before the show not problem.
About Anime Expo not we didn't do any west coast show last year, this is our fist west coast trip. It's pretty expensive to get the merchandise there and flying so we decided to try Fanime as our test show for this year. We normally do all the East Coast ones, as Otakon, Anime Next, Katsucon, Anime USA, Anime Central, etc.
On the retro stuff I will bring systems only by request because the take to much space. Dreamcast we sell at 49.99 complete with 1 controller.
Thank you with all your suggestions, I'll try to answer to everone of them

giulio
VideoGamesNewYork
202  East 6th street
New York, NY 10003
Tel. (212) 539-1039

Barnes

QuoteThe Fzero I think we are out and it's impossible to get it

:(  Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Thanks for replying though.
Yay, Haruko.

Tsubasa

Can you guys get Bust a Move 1 & 2 for PSX?  The dancing games known as "Bust a Groove" in the US.  If you can, you have a guaranteed customer.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "videogamesnewyork"We have most of the stuff ou guys are looking for.
The Fzero I think we are out and it's impossible to get it and marvel vs capcom 1 and 2 for dcast are going very fast at the store every time we get them in so I don't know if we would get some for the show.
The new import don't worry we are getting them. Dj max 1 is in stock 2 will arrive before the show not problem.
About Anime Expo not we didn't do any west coast show last year, this is our fist west coast trip. It's pretty expensive to get the merchandise there and flying so we decided to try Fanime as our test show for this year. We normally do all the East Coast ones, as Otakon, Anime Next, Katsucon, Anime USA, Anime Central, etc.
On the retro stuff I will bring systems only by request because the take to much space. Dreamcast we sell at 49.99 complete with 1 controller.
Thank you with all your suggestions, I'll try to answer to everone of them

giulio

Bring a Dreamcast for me. lol. Oh, and another controller too...and any of the Dreamcast titles that I listed above that you can get your hands on.

I will buy them from you.
Swap meet staff - 2014

Ayanami Rei First Child

I'm not sure what to get. I can't read Japanese, so it'd pretty much have to be a fighting game....but I already own Naruto 3 & 4.

Anyone know any other good import games I can get for my Gamecube?^^;

videogamesnewyork

Gamecube if u already have Naruto 4 definiteley DON and Bleach.
For ps2 there is a good amount of them:
DON, KOF Neo Wave, KOF XI (we are out at the moment), KOF Orochi, Neo geo Battle Colosseum, Art of Fighting collection, Bleach, just to name some
VideoGamesNewYork
202  East 6th street
New York, NY 10003
Tel. (212) 539-1039

Ayanami Rei First Child

How's the Bleach Gamecube game played out? I love Bleach, but I've been a little unsure of how good it is compared to games like Naruto 4 and Tenkaichi 2.

Well I can only do Gamecube since my PS2 doesn't have the stuff to play imports. However I was lucky enough to buy a gamecube on e-bay that plays Imports AND USA games :twisted:

Sunara Ishi

I know I'd probably pick up any Summon Night games you might have.

There's probably other ones as well but I'll get back to you...
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Ayanami Rei First Child

RyuHayabusa

do you also have the 1st Ghost In The Shell game for the ps1? I wouldn't mind buying that game, cause I really want it to play it so bad, along with Castlevania:Symphony of The Night?
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"do you also have the 1st Ghost In The Shell game for the ps1? I wouldn't mind buying that game, cause I really want it to play it so bad, along with Castlevania:Symphony of The Night?

I second that notion, and third and fourth it.

SotN would rawk.
Swap meet staff - 2014

Barnes

Do you happen to have Strider 2 (PS1)?
Yay, Haruko.

SuperKawaiiNeko

Ive got an american PS1 Ghost in the Shell game ^_^0

And SotN is going to be for download over xbox live. I hope its the complete saturn version ^_^
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

Makou

Quote from: "videogamesnewyork"We have most of the stuff ou guys are looking for.
giulio

Alright. As said before, I'm definetly getting them. I just... hope that it doesn't sell out when I get there. I'm really counting on you!

With much thanks,
Makou.

Edit:
Oh, and so that I can prepare (and save), what are the prices for:
DJ Max 1 and 2
And the Higurashi Ps2 Game (if you have it)?
My guess is around 160 dollars total, but I might be wrong.