Glow Sticks With Fanime Rave

Started by Ayanami Rei First Child, March 05, 2007, 04:37:11 PM

Ayanami Rei First Child

This is a problem I happen to see every year. Fanime staff just pops open a box and let people take all the glowsticks they want with some people getting 3-4. Then other people come along and don't have any. If you guys are running out of free glow sticks, you should encourage more people to sell glow sticks by the rave or during the rave hours. Also have the glow sticks be monitored...no more then 2 FREE glow sticks per person please!!

~~Loktera~~

My friend always does that every year. Look for him, he's usually wearing a large furry striped wide brimmed hat.

Can't miss him.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Ayanami Rei First Child

Well that's cool...but I STILL think there should be limits so 1 person doesn't get 5+ free glowsticks meant for EVERYBODY

ILuvHeijiHattori

True. I remember someone throwing about 30 glow sticks at me last year. Who knows how they got that many.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Yeah I think it gives people who show up super early or whatever an unfair advantage...

Kegan_Flame

and? show up early, i like the fact that people give out them.... specially cuz u don't have to pay -_____- they're doing us a favor

Ayanami Rei First Child

I never said give them out....but there should be 1 per person...NOT like 5-10 per person!!!

Crazy_Saiko

Quote from: "~~Loktera~~"My friend always does that every year. Look for him, he's usually wearing a large furry striped wide brimmed hat.

Can't miss him.
AUU~~~~~
ACE~~~~~

*tears stream down her face*

i miss him so much T_T
<br />Please, PM me if you\'re curious.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Meh. For that I can go buy glowyness from the awesome that is Lucky-sama. :twisted:

Crazy_Saiko

i like the glow necklaces -^^-
i hope Ace brings those
<br />Please, PM me if you\'re curious.

The-O

Yeah good suggestion, but hey, do remember it's not really Fanime giving out the glow sticks. A lot of random big hearted people are giving them out.
The-O Network Online Executive Editor
Con Reports, Photos, News, Interviews, Reviews, and more!
www.t-ono.net

Kazuko

yeah true and not to mention that people like to decora themselfs in glowstickies hahaha its cuute really I dont get a glowstick and I dont mind but just have some FUN

bring your own if you must

unless you plan to string stick a light  show then woot for you

juicedevon

question:

out of all the people who have glosticks

how many actually dance with them?

Asa_Gohan

Im learning lol but if I do Im afraid of hitting people xD

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Shogouki

Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"This is a problem I happen to see every year. Fanime staff just pops open a box and let people take all the glowsticks they want with some people getting 3-4. Then other people come along and don't have any. If you guys are running out of free glow sticks, you should encourage more people to sell glow sticks by the rave or during the rave hours. Also have the glow sticks be monitored...no more then 2 FREE glow sticks per person please!!

Hey, what's up. To be honest with you, these glowsticks were not given out by the Fanime staff, they were promotional items from my company, Akimbo Systems, as a way to promote our contest for a $250 Best Buy Gift Card. They were not sold, and were given out on a first-come, first-serve basis. I regret that we could not give a glowstick to everyone, but we only had 500 and we tried our danged hardest to make sure everyone got one. I personally walked through the dance 5+ times to find people who didn't have them.

If some people got two, it's not really something we could have controlled, as people could have easily just put them in their pockets and asked us for another, and I am sure they did.

Frankly, we were surprised they were such a hit; we went through the 500 in about 45 min! Maybe we should sell them next year?

Anyway, hope you feel better!  :D
Nine units in three and a half minutes...?!

serajwl

I tried to sell them this year in front of the rave, but they told me I couldn't ._.

Next year I plan to get a permit to sell them though and supply my fellow dancers with glowy goodness.

Ekac

My friend asked a girl where the glow sticks came from, she was nice enough to go ALL the way back to her room to give us some extras [I believe they brought them] and by the time I received my fair share, a battle circle started. It was really disappointing because I can't break dance. ;[

chanocular

I wish i brought more glowsticks to light up the rave a little. I only brought enough for me, my friends, and a few strangers.

DshadowSakura

are we even ALLOWED to SELL glow sticks?  ;D cuz if i can i will !! i wanted more glow sticks at Music Fest cuz it was really dark in there. :D

Tony

Seems like they're popular, so I'll see if we can't sell them through fanime for cheap. Like $1 for 2 sticks or something. Would that be good?
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014