Crossplayers & Crossdressers Gathering

Started by Ayanami Rei First Child, March 05, 2007, 07:31:09 PM

Ayanami Rei First Child

Oh I'm going to work extra hard to make sure that we do this!! First of all I'm going to ensure an EARLY spot on the Gathering List for '09. Second of all I have time where I can get recruits for people to do some advertising. That would be VERY helpful this year.

bahamutknightzero

Depending on which day this falls under and what time, I could show up as an original character

Ayanami Rei First Child

Well I'm HOPING to actually have it on Saturday...that's when the most people tend to show up and gather. I also want it early to mid afternoon so people don't have to wake up early, and have time to eat before the gathering as well. ^_^

Nightroad

Another thing that might help, since we'll all be from different anime and thus might not recognize the group, would be a sign.

And if you need help I might be able to help out! ^^
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

mochisnack

There might be a Vocaloid gathering on Saturday too,
so I might as well attend this as Len?
Fanime 2013 Lineup *TENTATIVE*
Friday: Irabu Ichirou, Hakaba Kitaro
Saturday: XIAH Junsu "Tarantallegra",Hagane Miku
Sunday: Ciel Phantomhive, Yuzuriha Inori
Monday: Tachibana Mei

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: mochisnack on November 11, 2008, 09:08:08 AM
There might be a Vocaloid gathering on Saturday too,
so I might as well attend this as Len?
The Vocaloids are really cool!!

Hmmm...if you could at least provide a sign for advertising that would be awesome ^_^V

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: Ayanami Rei First Child on November 11, 2008, 01:56:11 AM
Well I'm HOPING to actually have it on Saturday...that's when the most people tend to show up and gather. I also want it early to mid afternoon so people don't have to wake up early, and have time to eat before the gathering as well. ^_^

Yeah I understand the Saturday in the mid afternoon thing.

The reason for my answer is that, I don't know what day Masq. would fall on this year (Fanime 08: falling on a Saturday, rather that on the traditional Sunday). If Masq. falls on a Sunday, then the only thing I would need to worry about here is time (cause of whatever stuff is needed of me to get into "character"). But if it falls on a Saturday, I'm S.O.L.

I'm sure to get a clear answer within the upcoming months.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Well if you aren't able to come Bahamut then your presence will be greatly missed.

Motoko

Oh, I just found this forum thread. I'm guessing I'm in the right place if it's about crossplay.
So I'm assuming that the 2009 crossplay is going on now.
Though not sure if people still respond to this since it was last on november 14th 2008.

I'm trying to debate if I should, though I've been crossplaying for years...closet...can't blame me.
Well my friend and I might go as gender-bender Yoruichi and Soi Fong respectively.
Of course getting up on stage to do a performance is scarier even if we're having fun...

Need to figure out if I should do this or not... =o

Nightroad

@Motoko ^^ You shouldn't worry too much!!! If you want to do it, then do it! HAve faith in yourself and have fun!!!
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

Motoko

@Nightroad  Thanks~ That makes me feel better. Honestly I've never really crossplayed too much especially not in public. So hoping my friend and I could do the gender-bender Bleach characters. We might also perform a demo if we can find a time and place to do it at during fanime.

Costuming wise...not sure how to really consider it since as Soi Fong, I'll be wearing the Captain version AND the fighting version underneath (which is the standard for her). I don't really have a chest and knowing her fighting outfit is kind of revealing at the top at least. Not sure how to make that work exactly just yet...hmm...

Lady Saru

Would a drag! crossplay also be acceptable?

Drag cos/crossplay is when you cosplay a character...wearing clothes from the opposite gender. For example, a female Kakashi (Naruto) crossplayer with Kakashi mask, headband, hair and all...but in feminine clothes.

I'm considering either drag! Kristoph Gavin (Apollo Justice) or Nnoitra Jiruga (Bleach).
Cosplay:
Grell Sutcliffe
Marchesa version (B&W ball)

Motoko

@ Lady Saru

Wow that'd be interesting if I may say so. =)
As my friends always tell me...DOOOOOO IT!

Though I do hope that's acceptable too ^^;; so you don't have to waste time or effort if it's not. But you can still do it even if it's not. The point is to have fun righ? =)

bahamutknightzero

You are right Motoko, its all about fun

iKuraudo

I am sure going, 'cause I promised a friend I would attend for 09.  :D
I am still trying to figure out my "cross-play" for it.  :-\
I will know for sure sometime in January, so I will be editing this post when that happens.

-Kuraudo.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: Lady Saru on November 25, 2008, 04:16:14 PM
Would a drag! crossplay also be acceptable?

Drag cos/crossplay is when you cosplay a character...wearing clothes from the opposite gender. For example, a female Kakashi (Naruto) crossplayer with Kakashi mask, headband, hair and all...but in feminine clothes.

I'm considering either drag! Kristoph Gavin (Apollo Justice) or Nnoitra Jiruga (Bleach).
Well Sexy no Jutsu counts if you're a guy. Or if you're just plain crosdressing without any real costume, like last year when I had on a pink Lolita dress ^_^V

raenef

If I can swing by I'll def come say hi and hang out at the gathering. I have mostly crossplays XD
(member of Obscure Tomatoes Cosplay group)

raenef

Sorry to post again, but I got a quest.  As I'm tired of trying what seems to be every method of tying down my DD's does anyone have any suggestions? I want as flat as possible, breathing is not required

bahamutknightzero

raenef: That is going to be rather hard unless you really want to hurt (friend of mine with some rather large breasts went with compression shirts and ace tape, she complains about the pain). So unless there is some sort of miracle item, expect some pain.

Outside of that, if the rumors are true of Masq. being held on Saturday from a few clues I've seen around here, then I won't be able to make it to the gathering if the gathering is being held on Saturday (costume change times, time of gathering conflicts with Masq.)

raenef

Quote from: bahamutknightzero on January 10, 2009, 09:24:38 AM
raenef: That is going to be rather hard unless you really want to hurt (friend of mine with some rather large breasts went with compression shirts and ace tape, she complains about the pain). So unless there is some sort of miracle item, expect some pain.

Outside of that, if the rumors are true of Masq. being held on Saturday from a few clues I've seen around here, then I won't be able to make it to the gathering if the gathering is being held on Saturday (costume change times, time of gathering conflicts with Masq.)

Eh, I eat pain for breakfast XD

Nah...after an elizabethan corset, I think I'm fairly well used to pain XD
I'll try a compression shirt, do you know where to get one?