SPARTANS! UNITE! Looking for 300 men for GLORY!

Started by SaintSake, March 10, 2007, 12:04:14 AM

SaintSake

In memory of the great king Leonidas and the glorious Battle of Thermopylae, We seek to gather 300 brave spartan for fanime. Most likely to meet on Satruday morning for a hearty breakfast. Anyone brave enough to join us must only bring with him his red cape, shield, spear, and a helmet. Cloths and sandals of some kind are highly recommended. (We don't want to anger the 'Persians' too much.)

COME GENTLEMEN FOR GLORY!

quantbits

man the weapons are going to be hard to acquire...

but that's alright. we'll just kill someone for it. TAKE FROM THEM... EVERYTHING!

Dagger-6

300 half naked men...

Sounds kinda Yaoi =P

But for weapons, just get a stick.  sharp sticks.  And maybe a rock.  Tied to a stick.

XpHoBiaX

lol, I have a kilt can I join?lol
...even though I am female.

The_Merchant

What Are Ya Buyin?

Green_Tea

Ha.. my brother and friends already have costumes made.

For the midnight showing in our town 5 of us showed up in helmets, sandals, and capes to start the night off.

You will totally see us there if this thing goes down. =)
2011 Cosplay Plans: (Vocaloid) Cantarella-Kaito 0%, (Professor Layton) Luke 0%, (Ponyo) Ponyo's Dad 0%

SaintSake

Well me and some of my comrades are getting our gear together. Probably the most important thing is probably BUFF UP PEOPLE. I mean realistically of course since each of us have our own lifestyle etc. But really, no offense but flabby Spartans aren't too um... well you know. Me and my friends who're doing this are try'n to work out every weekend till Fanime hits. Ladies ARE welcome to join us. Besides only "spartan women give birth to spartan men."

We're probably going to plan a mass meeting sometime on Saturday? I can promise you at least 10 people now. (just my *squad*). Keep spreading the word brothers (and sisters) so we could at least hit 100!!!!! (although 300 would be the dream.)

XpHoBiaX

If there isn't a reference pic for female spartans, I'd prolly use this as a ref pic.
The girl on the far right (mostly covered, NOT least covered) I would use to make my outfit. >_> Course, It'd have the red robes and stuff, instead of the barbarian stuff. I do have a fancy sword to match too.

Glitch

Funny this is brought up since I was planning to make the spartan from Spartan:Total Warrior for con-extreme. But the 300 spartans will be a cheaper and easier costume to make.
I'm glad you brought up getting in shape.I didn't wanna rub it in people's faces, but their is no such thing as a flabby spartan!! I myself have been getting in shape to do a Devil Man cosplay. Being a bare chested spartan just sweatens the deal.

Glitch

Quote from: "XpHoBiaX"
If there isn't a reference pic for female spartans, I'd prolly use this as a ref pic.
The girl on the far right (mostly covered, NOT least covered) I would use to make my outfit. >_> Course, It'd have the red robes and stuff, instead of the barbarian stuff. I do have a fancy sword to match too.
You could also use a strip of red clothe to cover the boobage. That would leave the costume in the exact same way except with a tiny minor detail. Of coarse that's if you wanna show that much skin. Just the way I would approach it.  :D

babytealeaf

You guys should do the 300 workout :D

I hope a lot of people do show up as spartans; I would love to see it.

XpHoBiaX

lol yeah true, didn't they have blue robes too? I found an easy tutorial for armour...since I am strapped fro cash. >_> I hope I can loose weight and tone up in time for fanime...it's always hard for me to loose weight. >_<

Kegan_Flame

ZOMG!! I SO WANNA DO THIS!! PHOBIA-CHAN CAN YOU HE,P ME!!!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

if i can.. can i still come and oogle?  :shock:

XpHoBiaX

Quote from: "Kegan_Flame"ZOMG!! I SO WANNA DO THIS!! PHOBIA-CHAN CAN YOU HE,P ME!!!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Of course I can. ^-^ after a few practice runs with foam, I am going to make leather armour. ^_^ I have tutorials and people to help me. O_o That's if I have the cash. o.O I won't be doing anything majorly extravegant. Just helms, guantlets, shin guards, breast plate and maybe some accessories. o.o'' I might only have enough for me and someone else though. I'd have to buy it in bulk from a wholeseller place.

But if anyone wants foam armour, I can do that. As long as I get some sort of donation for supplies. (and measurements) I have links to some real nice tutorials. And the time and energy.

punk_parfait

Give them nothing, but take from them everything...ne?
I'm a girl or I would be down to get rowdy!

Glitch

I'm gonna make my shield from a thin,light piece of the wood.The only problem is getting it to curve,instead of being a flat shield. Using steam to bend it can work, but I'd rather not get into that mess.I'm also worried of conops getting on my case since a wooden shiled could hurt if swung fast enough.
On a better note, it would be cool if we formed a phalanx.Then push a crowd of people forward. ^^

Kegan_Flame

Quote from: "XpHoBiaX"
Quote from: "Kegan_Flame"ZOMG!! I SO WANNA DO THIS!! PHOBIA-CHAN CAN YOU HE,P ME!!!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Of course I can. ^-^ after a few practice runs with foam, I am going to make leather armour. ^_^ I have tutorials and people to help me. O_o That's if I have the cash. o.O I won't be doing anything majorly extravegant. Just helms, guantlets, shin guards, breast plate and maybe some accessories. o.o'' I might only have enough for me and someone else though. I'd have to buy it in bulk from a wholeseller place.

But if anyone wants foam armour, I can do that. As long as I get some sort of donation for supplies. (and measurements) I have links to some real nice tutorials. And the time and energy.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!

how much u want? >.> lol

*excitment*

IMA BE A KICK ASS HOT SPART'N CHICK!! WOOT! XD

>.>

<.<

XpHoBiaX

*sniffle* I am forever going to be pudgy...T_____T

Anyways, I will make the designs and start the foam armour first, for a pack of 12 sheets, that are prolly 12x14 is like 6 bucks at walmart. I'll buy 2 or three packs. And glue, and some cotton guaze for the lining. It's not much. I already have synthetic hair for the helms. (***If the leather is way too expensive to buy as bulk, I may just use the foam****)

I could also tack cool designs into the leather pieces instead....the armour won't be hardend...but it'd stil look cool. I dunno...I'm going through a list of ideas, what ifs and worst case scenerios.

Kegan_Flame

Quote from: "XpHoBiaX"*sniffle* I am forever going to be pudgy...T_____T

Anyways, I will make the designs and start the foam armour first, for a pack of 12 sheets, that are prolly 12x14 is like 6 bucks at walmart. I'll buy 2 or three packs. And glue, and some cotton guaze for the lining. It's not much. I already have synthetic hair for the helms. (***If the leather is way too expensive to buy as bulk, I may just use the foam****)

I could also tack cool designs into the leather pieces instead....the armour won't be hardend...but it'd stil look cool. I dunno...I'm going through a list of ideas, what ifs and worst case scenerios.

oooo!! it sounds kool!!!

just let me know! i'll give u whetever you need ^_^

you kick ass phobia <3

XpHoBiaX

cool beans. I'll let you know what I'll need from you prolly this week. ^_^ Oh, can us girls **cheat** and use like...minimizing things. o_O?? You won't be able to tell when the outfit is put together.... >_>