SPARTANS! UNITE! Looking for 300 men for GLORY!

Started by SaintSake, March 10, 2007, 12:04:14 AM

XpHoBiaX

okay, these are the ref pics I am using for the armour. It's easier on the bust region (for the girls) and simple. Plaster didn't cut it, and was a wee bit heavy for convention going. Might as well get the real thing. lol, so I am going to use the foam process I mentioned earlier. I have plenty left over stuff to continue. ;P I have the designs already layed out too, so it's not a complete failure. (I would have died too if it werent for massive copies)

I think the paint form of the aged metal spray would work best. That way I can control the 'aging' process.

**Note** Those are ref pics only...I already drawn up my own variants of the 'armour' and have my own details and designs. So, no you aren't gonna look totally like brad pitt.

Black and white photos from Elad's leather website.

Kegan_Flame

Glitch

Very nice armour designs. So by the look of these pics, I assume the spartan gathering will also welcome all greek warriors? ^^

MissNintendo

Thank god! I've been trying to find a Spartan Gathering at fanime. I'm doing a Queen Gorgo Cosplay  :D And I'd love to get some pictures.

But what time wouls the gathering take place? I have a 9 am private photoshoot with EuroBeat King.

If someone could PM me that'd be great. :o
Cosplays I'm wearing for Fanime 08:
Belle-Disney's Beauty and the Beast
Rinoa-FFVIII(Dion Roger's version)
Kasumi-Dead or Alive
Princess Peach-Mario Bros. Series
Lara Croft-Tomb Radier

XpHoBiaX

Quote from: "Glitch"Very nice armour designs. So by the look of these pics, I assume the spartan gathering will also welcome all greek warriors? ^^

I dunno...this isn't my thread, though I guess it wouldn't hurt....(and I hadn't seen the movie yet). I only know historical facts.  o___o'' I just ran with the armour idea (cuz it was the easiest to do) and as long as we have the basic concept down we'd be okay. Plus, I don't think it'd be a good idea for some of us girls to run around topless and only in out pannies with long red towels wrapped around our necks. ''>_>

The guys can do that. xD

Alucard_not_pip?

Quote from: "SaintSake"In memory of the great king Leonidas and the glorious Battle of Thermopylae, We seek to gather 300 brave spartan for fanime. Most likely to meet on Satruday morning for a hearty breakfast. Anyone brave enough to join us must only bring with him his red cape, shield, spear, and a helmet. Cloths and sandals of some kind are highly recommended. (We don't want to anger the 'Persians' too much.)

COME GENTLEMEN FOR GLORY!

FOR SPARTA1111 SWEET i'll do it but I am going to be wearin' armor, i'm going to continue my workout and i'll have abs before then >;)

Set a time and place that would be proper
Ze stupid gurl didn't even pay us.

Kegan_Flame

Quote from: "XpHoBiaX"
Quote from: "Glitch"Very nice armour designs. So by the look of these pics, I assume the spartan gathering will also welcome all greek warriors? ^^

I dunno...this isn't my thread, though I guess it wouldn't hurt....(and I hadn't seen the movie yet). I only know historical facts.  o___o'' I just ran with the armour idea (cuz it was the easiest to do) and as long as we have the basic concept down we'd be okay. Plus, I don't think it'd be a good idea for some of us girls to run around topless and only in out pannies with long red towels wrapped around our necks. ''>_>

The guys can do that. xD

though, that WOULD be entertaining o.o

:-P

XpHoBiaX

lol I knew it would intrest you Kegan, but I'd leave that for my dream of being a Vegas show girl... ^-^''

I still dunno what to wear
under the armour.... xP

MissNintendo

If a date and time haven't been choose, can I sugest Monday? Like later morning to afternoon. I've been talking to some people and they have a star wars convention on saturday and sunday. And Sunday is also the masqurade (which I'm in, in a different cosplay. So I wont be able to do Gorgo on Sunday.).

Quote from: "XpHoBiaX"

I still dunno what to wear
under the armour.... xP

And as for things to wear underneath the armor, for ladies at least. May I sugest a bikini top, adding padding to the armor or the stick on bras. And for the bottom half spankies/spandex is your friend.
Kasumi-Dead or Alive
Lara Croft-Tomb Radier

XpHoBiaX

I will be gone Monday, I am leaving to go home on sunday. :/

I am so not gonna skimp...it would make people sick. xD Though it was a great suggestion. Made me think of what I need to do.

MissNintendo

Okay so a lil update. I may notbe attending on monday as earlier planed. And I will only be doing 300's Queen Gorgo on Saturday. So if anyone would like pictures plaes let me know. I have at photoshoot at 9 and i may be at a pannle for two later, but other than thaat i'll be wondering. So please let me know.
Kasumi-Dead or Alive
Lara Croft-Tomb Radier

Kegan_Flame

Are we Still Doing this? If so, When and where please, i am making my schedule..

MissNintendo

yeah seriously. Plans need to be made.

how about Saturday at 11:30? Fountains?

I'll plan for that. Anyone heard anything else let me noe
Kasumi-Dead or Alive
Lara Croft-Tomb Radier

Kegan_Flame

can we do it at noon? i have a 'My-Hime' cosplay till then.. please? thanks ^_^

XpHoBiaX

I ran out of time and materials for the armour. -_-'' which I am not really that suprised. I work full time so yeah...today is my work friday and I have ONE DAY left before I leave to finish the armour. -_-'' I'll see if I can leave early to go home and go to bed so I can wake up early. (yeah, right...)

MissNintendo

Quote from: "Kegan_Flame"can we do it at noon? i have a 'My-Hime' cosplay till then.. please? thanks ^_^
As far as I know yes.. I need to chec what time the pannels are. But 12 sounds fine. At the fountains.

Okay so everyone! The Gathering Will take place at NOON (12pm) ON SAT at the FOUTAINS! [/b]
Kasumi-Dead or Alive
Lara Croft-Tomb Radier

Glitch

I will be unable to cosplay due to the lack of funds for the costume. (plus I wasn in shape to do the 300 style)
But I will be there to see you guys cosplay. ^^

MissNintendo

So I went to the fountains at the scedualed time. I sat there for an hour and no one showed up. I was quite sad. But as the day wore on I ended meeting up with a group of spartan men. It was awesome we took lots of pics.

I'd love to hear feed back from everyone!

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=77216&member=58571
Kasumi-Dead or Alive
Lara Croft-Tomb Radier