Are you looking for a commissioner to make your costume/wig? *UPDATE: 11.08.07*

Started by Chloe, March 10, 2007, 02:46:42 PM

Chloe

Hi there fellow cosplayers~

I know there are some people who may be drastically searching for a seamtress, or possibly a place to purchase a pre-made costume, so I gathered some of the sites that I know of that are dependable, fast, and fairly priced for the product they give you.

For those who are in search of pre-made costumes can visit these links:

Running out of time?  No time for any costumes? Try checking these places out!

www.Cosunion.com

Costumes/Commission Available
In China

Sample Picture (Cosplay): N/A

This site has ALOT of costumes, so I can't write down the prices for everything... *BE AWARE, THEY ARE AN ART THIEF*

My Rating for this site: 2/5
- Very wide selection; Although is known to be an image thief.
- Decent prices, not really sure if they knew the costumes they had.
- Sort of not fluent in typing in Commission e-mails.

www.fan-store.net

Costumes/EGL/Commission Available
In China

Sample Picture (Cosplay):

http://www.fan-store.net/catalog/1C00006_01.jpg

Sample Picture EGL:

http://www.fanplusfriend.com/c2/SP00012_17.jpg

This place is more expensive than the others in my opinion, but they have some things others don't have.
My Rating for this site:  4 out 5
- So-so selection; WIDE array of EGl
- Overly priced costumes, but come with accessories
- Some costumes that other places don't have
- Excellent customer service; fluent in English

www.qqcosplay.com
In China

http://www.qqcosplay.com/HRT/img/hrtafkmic01.jpg

My Rating for this site: 4/5
- Wide selection in the more popular series
- Prices are decent, Costumes are all identified correctly (Opposed to Cosunion)
- Apparently not fast in e-mail and typing is hard to read.

www.lawrarashop.com
In China

http://lawrarashop.com/images/blue1.jpg

This one is my favorite so far, and they are very nice and quick on delivery.  They are currently having a 10%-70% discount (Depending on the products) on everything, and I think on commissions too.  They work around real school girl uniforms, but have some cosplay. I ordered a commission from them, and it the quality of it is great.  So, please check them out! :3

*UPDATE* Some new cosplay costumes came in, and they look pretty nice! ^^

My Rating for this site: 5/5
- Small selection, but is trustworthy (In my opinion)
- A bit pricey, but for a good costume.
- Fluent in e-mails, and can work things out well.

www.cosmates.jp
EGL/Costumes Available
In China or Japan?

http://www.cosmates.jp/shop/images/products/B-001.jpg

Sample Picture (EGL):

http://www.cosmates.jp/shop/images/products/gothic736_big.jpg

This site specializes in Gothic Lolita, and any of the other types of Lolita.  They are a bit pricey for some of their dresses, but they are all beautiful and detailed.  As for their cosplay department, anime/games costumes are WAY over priced, so I suggest not purchasing it there, for commissioning it from one of the other sites will be alot nice to your wallet. 
    BUT!  They have some costumes such as school girl outfits, school girl P.E. uniforms, and drag queens and nurse outfits that are cheap (around 30 - 50) dollars that look pretty decent.  So, girls, if you like to dress up for "fun", you can check out their stock in clothing now!

My Rating for this site: 4/5 (For EGL)
- Wide selection for EGL, and other Japan dress styles
- Decent prices on EGL, EXPENSIVE on anime/game costumes, various cheap other "dress up" items.
-  Can ship World-Wide

www.cosaru.com
Costumes/Commissions (for Items they have made) Available
In the US, I think

http://www.cosaru.com/bbszero/data/premade/01.jpg

Sample Picture (EGL):

http://www.cosaru.com/bbszero/data/premade/5d91_1.JPG

My Rating for this site: 4/5 (For EGL)
- Alot of what appeared to be homemade EGL, and some various anime costumes.
- Decent prices on EGL/Cosplay stuff
- Is very easy to understand, all the information is there for you.

*UPDATE: 10.25.08*

www.dream-angels.net
Costumes Available/Commission
Canada

http://www.dream-angels.net/chunli/01.jpg
(Model is one of the Angels)

They have great quality in work and are situated in Canada.   They also do commissions, so if you don't see something you like, you can always request something! I would recommend them as a reliable source to get it from.  Although a it pricey, it can be worth it. :3

*UPDATE*: 11.01.07*

AcidKitten (One of our Forum members!)

She is offering Cosplay Commissions!

Check this URL for a shortcut to her thread: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,8167.0.html

Please do check the "Incredible Stuff I can Make Forum!" for an alternative from the Professional China Sellers!

*UPDATE: 11.02.08*

www.cosplay1.com/

Unknown? Japan?

Sample Picture (Cosplay): [Visit their site in order to view pictures]

I just discovered this site, so I'm not sure if it's fairly new to the scene...

My Rating for this site: 3 1/2 out of 5
- Gallery is about 70 pictures of a combination of costume and in-progress pictures.
- Prices are a bit high...
- Very organized site, easy to understand and maneuver around.

www.taeliacstudio.com/tsv5/

Wisconsin

http://www.taeliacstudio.com/tsv5/index.php?page=pic&sub=1&cos=38&pic=218

My Rating for this site: 4/5
- Gallery rather large and is organize. The web layout is very neat as well.
- Prices - Ask when you want a costume.
- Very nice collection, and has improved alot since I last saw them at their old site.

*UPDATE: 11.08.07*

http://www.limebarb.com

In USA

Sample Picture (Cosplay): http://limebarb.com/commissions/costumes/game/game-tifa-ac/tifa.htm

I have heard alot of mixed emotions from this particular commissioner.  I have heard of some good reviews, but I've seen some pretty bad threads about them.  I wouldn't really know how to rate it since it seems like a bit hard to tell.

My Rating for this site: Undetermined
- Their gallery of MANY cosplays is what entices alot of cosplayers to buying from Limebarb.
- Prices aren't placed online so you can see, but you can ask for a quote.
- Very organized site, easy to understand and maneuver around.

Happy shopping to everyone~ :3

Note:  I'll be updating this main post to let everyone in at anything that's available to you~  If you want to share some of other cosplay sites, just feel free to post, and I'll add it onto this main post! Thanks for taking the time to read and in general, look at all the pretty cosplays!

NOTE:  ALL THE FOLLOWING PICTURES POSTED AS SAMPLES ALL BELONG TO THEIR RIGHTFUL OWNERS

Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

BrightHeart76

I got mine from qqcosplay.  They are AMAZING!  I love my cosplay and they made it in less then a month very cheap.  Made beautifully and fits great.  I definately recomend them.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

AnimeEmperor

I already know a couple of those, but I find such sites to be very very useful so thankyou very much. I'm always looking for more.

Chloe

Quote from: "AnimeEmperor"I already know a couple of those, but I find such sites to be very very useful so thankyou very much. I'm always looking for more.

I'm glad it's helpful to you~  They're always so much fun to look at!

I just those who always wanted to cosplay but never had time to make it, could really get a well-made costume for an adequate price.  D:

Krnchichiri

Oh, man. Too bad Fan-store.net doesn't have more Eternal Arcadia cosplays. >< I got so excited to see that they had them. D:

Oh, but those are awesome websites. ^^
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

babytealeaf

Quote from: "Krnchichiri"Oh, man. Too bad Fan-store.net doesn't have more Eternal Arcadia cosplays. >< I got so excited to see that they had them. D:

Oh, but those are awesome websites. ^^

Fan-store.net aka fanplusfriend does commissions as well :)

Moogleborg

Heyyy...if they have a Rock Lee and Might Guy cosplay over at one of these sites, I might buy one from them...
Running on moé, 24/7/365.
Powered by Pokeshipping.
Enhanced by caffene.

Chloe

Quote from: "Moogleborg"Heyyy...if they have a Rock Lee and Might Guy cosplay over at one of these sites, I might buy one from them...

I don't know, you could try checking it out!  His costume is pretty simple. right?  You can even get it commissioned too~ :3

AnimeEmperor

OMG Cosunion has a Pantasia jacket! >__< I so want that so I can cosplay Koala-chan.

phoenixphire24

Quote from: "AnimeEmperor"OMG Cosunion has a Pantasia jacket! >__< I so want that so I can cosplay Koala-chan.

My friends and I are doing Yakitate!! Japan this year for our coplay. We found cotton chef jackets online for $15. We just threw them in a washing machine with $5 dye and found some iron on letters. Instant Pantasia jacket for less than $30.

Chloe

Quote from: "phoenixphire24"
Quote from: "AnimeEmperor"OMG Cosunion has a Pantasia jacket! >__< I so want that so I can cosplay Koala-chan.

My friends and I are doing Yakitate!! Japan this year for our coplay. We found cotton chef jackets online for $15. We just threw them in a washing machine with $5 dye and found some iron on letters. Instant Pantasia jacket for less than $30.

Wow, that comes out well.  Yeah, cosunion does have some rather "simple" cosplays that are way over priced.  So, you can always find alternatives.  Although, the more intricate costumes are a better deal though. :3

AnimeEmperor

Well I don't want to mess it up somehow, and plus I need all my chef jackets.

phoenixphire24

Quote from: "AnimeEmperor"Well I don't want to mess it up somehow, and plus I need all my chef jackets.

Yes, I'll have to resist using mine during the long non-con season. Especially because I'm getting an apron too, and I know I'll want to pull that out done day while BBQing.  :lol:

Crazy_Saiko

wow.. Chloe, you are one of the most helpful ppl i know -^^-
<br />Please, PM me if you\'re curious.

Chloe

Quote from: "Crazy_Saiko"wow.. Chloe, you are one of the most helpful ppl i know -^^-

Dude... I now how you like to cosplay, so I thought this wold help you out!  But, I never see you on AIM, and I gave the links to Jason, but he closed my window. D:

See anything you likie? X3

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: "BrightHeart76"I got mine from qqcosplay.  They are AMAZING!  I love my cosplay and they made it in less then a month very cheap.  Made beautifully and fits great.  I definately recomend them.

Can I see some pics of the cosplay? I tried to ask them, but they're really poor in replies and e-mailing in general-- normally, giving me one sentence replies that tell me nearly nothing. I just want to see if it's worth it.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Chloe

Quote from: "Jun-Watarase"
Quote from: "BrightHeart76"I got mine from qqcosplay.  They are AMAZING!  I love my cosplay and they made it in less then a month very cheap.  Made beautifully and fits great.  I definately recomend them.

Can I see some pics of the cosplay? I tried to ask them, but they're really poor in replies and e-mailing in general-- normally, giving me one sentence replies that tell me nearly nothing. I just want to see if it's worth it.

Unfortunately, yes, some of these sites are not GOOD in English, but can manage I suppose.  I'm not so sure on the other cosplay sites' responses, but Lawrarashop's responses are written much better (Like, you can actually understand it fully!).  

They understand situations rather well, so yeah.  If you want a commission, I'd recommend you e-mail them too.  (Their price and Cosunion is fairly close, but I like Lawrarashop more 'cause I can understand them.)

QQcosplay should have pictures of the pre-made costumes they already have in stock/or made. They also have a gallery for some of their "Happy Customers." But, if it's for a commission, then you e-mail them asking for an estimate.  They should reply back saying how much it should cost...?  Well, I'm sure you did that, but it's weird that they didn't give you a number... D:

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: "Chloe"

Unfortunately, yes, some of these sites are not GOOD in English, but can manage I suppose.  I'm not so sure on the other cosplay sites' responses, but Lawrarashop's responses are written much better (Like, you can actually understand it fully!).  

They understand situations rather well, so yeah.  If you want a commission, I'd recommend you e-mail them too.  (Their price and Cosunion is fairly close, but I like Lawrarashop more 'cause I can understand them.)

QQcosplay should have pictures of the pre-made costumes they already have in stock/or made. They also have a gallery for some of their "Happy Customers." But, if it's for a commission, then you e-mail them asking for an estimate.  They should reply back saying how much it should cost...?  Well, I'm sure you did that, but it's weird that they didn't give you a number... D:

Does Lawara shop do commissions? I like the looks of the quality of their pre-made costumes, but I have a feeling they wouldn't be able to finish costumes before Fanime. x.x Did you get a commission by them?

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Chloe

Quote from: "Chloe"

Does Lawara shop do commissions? I like the looks of the quality of their pre-made costumes, but I have a feeling they wouldn't be able to finish costumes before Fanime. x.x Did you get a commission by them?

As a matter of fact, I did.  And I got it in less than a month, done and all. :3

I got a Kooh costume for 160 (With a student discount of $10 dollars off the shipping (Shipping = $10 opposed to the regular $20).  The e-mails are quick on response, and I highly reccomend them.  It takes them about a week to make it and is in good shape. :3

BrightHeart76

I don't have any pictures right now, but I'll talk to my sister tonight and see if she'll take some.  :-)  They said they were going to post it on the site but so far they haven't, bleh.

I'm sorry you've had problems with replies from them.  I got some really good really fast ones.  When you ask for a commission they ARE very short, yes or no and how much it costs.  But if you ask for details they responded very quickly and clearly to me.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.