Are you looking for a commissioner to make your costume/wig? *UPDATE: 11.08.07*

Started by Chloe, March 10, 2007, 02:46:42 PM

BrightHeart76

My best friend and I did the two Nuriko's (Fushigi Yuugi) last year from QQCosplay.  I ADORE mine, it fits great, the colors are perfect, it's really well constructed and it's comfortable.  My friends looked really good too...although she was not as happy as I was, the attention to detail just wasn't as good on her cosplay.  I can't speak for others, but my experience with QQCosplay has been good.  I've never had the communication problems other people have had, I recieved my cosplay months earlier then I expected it and my cosplay ROCKS.  I hope yours is everything you expect.   :D
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

KHfan-boy

Do you know where I might find smeone who works with helmets, I'm planning to go as Ven from kingdom hearts: birth by sleep

Chloe

What does the helmet look like?  Depending on it's complexity, I might be able to recommend you to a place. :3

Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

Chloe

Oh, if that's the case, here are two commissioning sites:

http://www.facingcostumes.com/ - Looks fairly expensive, but really nice.

http://www.qqcosplay.com - They have some experience with KH stuff.

Or, if you wanted to try to make it yourself or try to get it commissioned, check out this link:

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=95867

Try searching around here for anyone who is also doing your cosplay, and maybe you can ask for them to commission you one, or ask on how to make it.

Hope this helps you!

KHfan-boy

facing costumes has caught my ee, will they possibly do whole cotumes?

Chloe

Well, I guess it all depends on their policies. You can e-mail them for a quote to see how much the whole costume might cost you.  But, I would think that it'd be pretty costly, considering their details and quality of work.  If that happens to be a bit out of your price range, you can always ask any of the Comissioners on Page 1 on this forums, although your costume is more of armor making. (:

Would you want to make it yourself?  Or do you really want someone else to make it?  I know how complicated it is, and if you wouldn't want to make it yourself. lol. I'm like that too. DX

KHfan-boy

No, I cn do the costume, to me it looks like a wetsuit or leotard, with armo which I could possibly us cardboard for, but its the helmet that bothers me

Chloe

Oh?  Well, all I can advise is to look at cosplay.com and post up to see if there are any tutorials on how to make it, OR to see if there is someone on there who had done the same costume, and could 1) Make you the helmet or 2) Tell you on ways to make it.

Or, you can look at the professional cosplay shops!

narutofan17

I know I am! I need Jiraiya hair (the hair me and my mom made sucked), his scrolls, his headband (I bought one on ebay and it ended up being this tiny a$$ piece of crap) And thats just for Jiraiya. I'm still doing Kenpachi from Bleach and Zoro from One Piece.
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

sonyatheunicorn

narutofan17

Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Amelia Seyruun

Know anyone who could help me with Soi Fong in case Hellangel is unable to do it? 
"Indeed! I am Seyruun's second princess Amelia! I left on a journey, driven on by my boiling blood of justice, to eliminate evil!"

angeljibrille

Note: I changed this from a sticky thread to a normal thread. Fanime is not designated as a place of advertising for any particular business or businesses. Sticky threads should only be about official topics.

Thanks,
Marisa
Fanime Cosplay Coordinator

Chloe

Quote from: Amelia Seyruun on November 11, 2007, 01:12:03 PM
Know anyone who could help me with Soi Fong in case Hellangel is unable to do it? 

For her costume, I think you should stick with a commissioner that's local, 'cause at the sites I've seen, her costume isn't that complex, yet they sell it at 150 roughly.  So, you can try looking at Cosplaylab.com Commissioners section, or you can always ask someone who's done a Soi Fong cosplay if they could make one for you.  Those are some ways you can ensure that someone can get it for you.  I remember you mishap with the Ten-Ten cosplay, but I hope this one goes out better for you.

BTW, in the Incredible Things I can Make, there is AcidKitten who is taking commissions.  Maybe she could help you out too! :3

Amelia Seyruun

Quote from: Chloe on November 12, 2007, 09:55:01 PM
Quote from: Amelia Seyruun on November 11, 2007, 01:12:03 PM

For her costume, I think you should stick with a commissioner that's local, 'cause at the sites I've seen, her costume isn't that complex, yet they sell it at 150 roughly.  So, you can try looking at Cosplaylab.com Commissioners section, or you can always ask someone who's done a Soi Fong cosplay if they could make one for you.  Those are some ways you can ensure that someone can get it for you.  I remember you mishap with the Ten-Ten cosplay, but I hope this one goes out better for you.

BTW, in the Incredible Things I can Make, there is AcidKitten who is taking commissions.  Maybe she could help you out too! :3

Yesh, Hellangel was my commissioner for Tenten this year.  It had a small accident during Fanime, so I couldn't wear it until AX. x.X   But I'm still bugging her about Soi Fong, soooooo, I'll keep AcidKitten in mind, thanks! 
"Indeed! I am Seyruun's second princess Amelia! I left on a journey, driven on by my boiling blood of justice, to eliminate evil!"

Niaro

Warning to everyone... please don't order from Lawrara....

I spent around $230 dollars for a Chii Tsubasa costume... I haven't seen the remake they promised but... Look at $230... Now.

I warn you all.

Jun-Watarase

I second this. Other than the pre-made or factory-made merchendise, their commissions are always sh*tty quality. I had once ordered two costumes from them, and they remade it twice and still got them wrong. The measurements were the actual measurements of the fabric itself, and not based on them to make the costume. If I say a part of my body is 20cm, you do NOT MAKE THAT PIECE 20CM, ITSELF. Not only that, but their seams are rushed and they compromise so many things that one of them didn't resemble my request at all. The second time they had remade my cosplay, it came back with missing pieces. I made things SUPER detailed so they wouldn't screw up as badly as they did again, and they ended up doing worse giving me the excuse "You can't expect them to be exactly like the picture." Yeah, good job on forgetting the main focus of the cosplay (the seifuku collar).

Terrible terrible service. The language barrier is horrible, as well. I sent a reference picture of another costume that had already been made by someone else, and their poor use of terminology convinces me they don't know the difference between a apron and an actual dress. Textiles are low quality, as well. Poor color choices, poor sewing, poor quality, and poor communication. I had spent over 300 USD just to get cosplay I was unable to wear. Good job.

The only thing good about them is that they're quick in delivery-- but that makes up for absolutely nothing.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Kyonluver

<Fanime '16>
Reese~ACNL
RainbowQuartz~SU
Alkaid~.Hack