Cosplay Sewing and Construction Support Thread

Started by angeljibrille, March 13, 2007, 04:53:36 PM

wolfguardian10

Do you know where i can get the pattern for syaorans cloak?

yumicchi88

I need help MAKING HER HAT!!!

I'm looking at many patterns but i cant find anything like her hat.

HAT!!!

if anyone knows how to do it, or find a pattern, please notify me!

Thanx
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

Variance

nevermind....

BunofGovt

Quote from: yumicchi88 on August 06, 2008, 11:01:37 AM

HAT!!!

Thanx

Without knowing what the back looks like, you might try a regular beret pattern and then get a shirt collar or sleeve-cuff pattern for that pinkish piece.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

yumicchi88

Quote from: BunofGovt on August 26, 2008, 07:35:47 PM

HAT!!!

Thanx

Without knowing what the back looks like, you might try a regular beret pattern and then get a shirt collar or sleeve-cuff pattern for that pinkish piece.

oo, thanx for the advice!! i will totally try
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: yumicchi88 on August 26, 2008, 10:16:15 PM
Quote from: BunofGovt on August 26, 2008, 07:35:47 PM

HAT!!!

Thanx

oo, thanx for the advice!! i will totally try
I was going to suggest a collar like what is one a Sailor School girl uniform but those above could work.
Probably a mid to heavy white cotton would be best. You'd want one of the types of fabric that stiffen well.
And starch the hell out of the collar/sleeve thing that makes up that hat edge, so it can hold its form and stay up the way you want. You could also thread the tips of it and mid-back into the main hat, where the thread wouldn't be seen, for extra support. I would recommend both.

It looks like it'd be rather cool. I hope I see it at con. X3
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

midori-chaan

Anyone know which sewing pattern is good for Nemu Kurotsuchi from Bleach?
She wears a kimono type thing, or does she wear a skirt too? Or is it just a really long kimono? Help would be appreciated.

Cosplay List for 2009:
Editing

Slime9

Asa_Gohan

Any tips on constructing Fox Mccloud's outfit from brawl?  I wanna dress up as him for 0'9 and wanna know what kind of materials I should use for his jacket, pants, ect.  Cause Im like..entirely new to making outfits and what not @3@

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

ryuyasha

Probably wont get this lucky...but anyone happen to know of a good pattern for Hiko Seijuuros cape, from Ruroken? The rest of what he wears is easy, but im not sure how well my grandma can pull off the cape..

BunofGovt

Quote from: ryuyasha on October 03, 2008, 03:40:45 AM
Probably wont get this lucky...but anyone happen to know of a good pattern for Hiko Seijuuros cape, from Ruroken? The rest of what he wears is easy, but im not sure how well my grandma can pull off the cape..

Is that a full, uh, floor length cape?  That looks like a pattern I've seen in Jo-ann's fabric store, for a vampire cape or a mr. hyde cape, but you could try a cape pattern with a large collar and double the cape part but shorter for the shoulders, if you can't find a double cape pattern.  Some pattern packages actually carry patterns for different versions of the same cape:  short, long, hooded, collar only, no collar, shoulder cape.

The collar would need some stiff interfacing to stand up like that or heavily starched.

Try the fabric stores now since costume patterns would be on sale for Halloween.

I don't think I've ever seen a white cape in the costume or Halloween Spirit shops.

sklpnda

I'd Tip My Hat To You, If I Weren't Currently Bare Headed

K&K4ever

I HAVE to have an Okita and Hijikata done by fanime, also Link.

Thankfully that's all for now, but I'm only starting to make my own :-[ 
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

Blackfaery

Quote from: sklpnda on October 09, 2008, 06:33:55 PM
ellos. wondering if anyone had any ideas for the chest plate of fierce deity link?
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/media/2006/08/fiercedeitylink_statue.jpg
This is gonna sound wierd bt you can do aluminum and card board, and you'd need spray paint, aluminum is easily bendable and the card board is great but light support.
the only difficulty is having to Iron out the aluminum so that it stay flat and doesn't get wrinkly and you'd have to do more then one layer plus for the raised parts you'd have to add more card board or something else underneath it
Blackfaery
Straw

Blackfaery

Quote from: midori-chaan on September 14, 2008, 06:16:28 PM
She wears a kimono type thing, or does she wear a skirt too? Or is it just a really long kimono? Help would be appreciated.

It's a kimono type dress, like a yukata with a boa? (cant remember it's name) her's is really easy, you could get the pattern at Joanns or walmart
Blackfaery
Straw

KindaRandomKris

Quote from: midori-chaan on September 14, 2008, 06:16:28 PM

Kimono are already long, traditionally knee-length. I think what you're thinking of is a gi, which is often found in karate/other martial art uniforms.
From what I've seen, Nemu wears a super-shortened kimono that ends in a tight fit. Maybe you could take an existing kimono pattern and alter the bottom to fit more tightly - it's still a kimono, though, so you could secure it closed with snaps, buttons, or even loosely stitch it down. If you wanted to cheat, you could make the top separate from the bottom and hide the ends with the obi. That way the skirt could be fitted more easily.
Please please please remember though, the white is another layer under the black, and the two layers are folded separately.
Proud SJSU Spartan - because hell is warmer than San Luis Obispo.
-
I take random people's AIM sn's and put them on my buddylist.
And then I never talk to them and forget who they are.

sklpnda

Quote from: Blackfaery on November 19, 2008, 09:44:59 AM
Quote from: sklpnda on October 09, 2008, 06:33:55 PM
ellos. wondering if anyone had any ideas for the chest plate of fierce deity link?
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/media/2006/08/fiercedeitylink_statue.jpg
This is gonna sound wierd bt you can do aluminum and card board, and you'd need spray paint, aluminum is easily bendable and the card board is great but light support.
the only difficulty is having to Iron out the aluminum so that it stay flat and doesn't get wrinkly and you'd have to do more then one layer plus for the raised parts you'd have to add more card board or something else underneath it
interesting idea. ill give it a shot since i have no other ideas atm
I'd Tip My Hat To You, If I Weren't Currently Bare Headed

EeveeGirl101

Does anyone here know how to make the kimono the Shinigami in Bleach wear? This is going to be my first time sowing with fabric and the like, so I thought I'd stop here for some tips before I began. For the white under piece, or whatever you call it, I was thinking of making just a shirt with long sleeves. Does this sound like a good idea, or should I just go the cheap way most dealers do and sow it on to the inside of the black kimono itself? Also, how do you make the kimono, anyhow?

Sorry for the load of questions, it's just that the ones I have found online look flimsy, and not well made. (And not in my size! :D! I'm guessing that by now you can tell I'm a kid, right?)

Knightfire

Hey all,

I'm really trying to make it a point to cosplay this year. I have it narrowed down to just three possibilities. I'm thinking either The Pyro from Team Fortress 2, Soundwave from Transformers, or Gundam Deathscythe from Gundam Wing. Problem is I have never cosplayed before. I took a look at some of the sites listed already. Just wondering if there was any other resources I could check out or any advice you guys have?

Thanks.
Starting work for Fanime 2011

bahamutknightzero

Would this be the right place to ask about costumes?

I kind of have a rather touchy/iffy question regarding the legality of a possible crossplay attire. I just wanted some clarification on it since I wouldn't want to break any rules or get in trouble or get thrown out of the con.

BunofGovt

Ask away!  It is a family friendly con, so some caution should be exercised in your crossplay.  I've seen some very good crossplay, by the way, and nothing too extreme.  And I have seen some extreme cosplay which should be covered up!   ;D