Quick Question for the Confused

Started by cocoavvie, March 13, 2007, 10:08:52 PM

M

Quote from: "SuperKawaiiNeko"
Quote from: "Tsuchimi Rin-chan"cocoavvie  I will give you this tip from a long time Fanime Attendee.

If you are going for a day please go to the registration site located on the ground level of the convention center as early as possible.  If you are planning to go a day or two during Saturday or Sunday, please be there the earliest ASAP or as soon as you can since registration lines form very quickly.  I stress this very seriously since they are the busiest days and it takes time to fill out paperwork, to process your registration fee and lastly create a paper badge.  After all that is done pick up your Fanime Program and Schedule of Events.  If you need to find out what events are going on and where do not hesitate to ask registration or the info desks inside the con.

If I can remember if do not pre-register on the website for the laminated badge (all 4-days) you have to pay around $25.00-$30.00 a day.

In the next couple of days, registration staff will put up the prices for each day you want to attend the con (I HOPE!) and sorry there is no such thing as 2-3 day at con site passes.  You pay for each day you go if you do not pre-register.  I hope this helps.  :idea:

That's a lie, unless things are different this year or changed when I wasnt looking. Are you registration staff? Because Im pretty sure there are Saturday/Sunday passes, and if you dont pre register for a laminated full con pass then you can still buy a full con paper pass at con, and it certainly will not cost you $100-$120.

Unless things have whomg changed while I had my head turned

Let me clarify this.

Generally, a single-day pass for Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday (at least two of the three) would cost more than a Full-Weekend pass. So if the person is planning to attend FanimeCon at least two days out of the weekend, Registration staff will explain this to them and then bump them to a FULL WEEKEND pass. This isn't a scam* or anything, it saves you (the members) money!

*Yes, I've been accused of trying to "scam" members out of money by saving them 5-10 dollars and giving them a weekend pass instead of multiple day passes.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

LordKefka

Yes, get the week pass if you plan on going for more than 1 day.

But it really depends if you want to go and do whatever or if you want to become a volunteer and get your money back by working a few hours at the con.

What I did last year was work for 6 hours as a volunteer on Friday and then come back on Saturday for free ( in a sense because I decided not to want my money back for helping).

To clarify: If you have lots of things to do, then buy a weekend pass. If you want to chill and hang out with the staff and have the experience to give a bit of time for the convention by helping out (yes, for fans BY FANS), I suggest you go and volunteer for (I think 6 hours or 8 hours?) to "get your money back" and go back the next day for "free".
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

cocoavvie

Man, why am I not surprised that I have a few more questions? x)

About what time should I arrive at the registration site to get in line?
and
Do I need to bring an ID to register?

Pimpstress Rei

Quote from: "cocoavvie"Man, why am I not surprised that I have a few more questions? x)

About what time should I arrive at the registration site to get in line?
and
Do I need to bring an ID to register?

It depends on when you're registering. If it's Friday, an hour or so beforehand will be good. If it's the weekend then a few hours beforehand.

You need to bring government-issued ID. So bring your driver's license or a DMV-issued ID with you. Passports and military ID also work.
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

cocoavvie

I'll be going on Sunday, and I live 45 minutes away.
Will 6-7 a.m be a little too early?

And thank you, I'll just bring a passport along with me.

LordKefka

At around 7:30AM-8AM is when the line will kind of biuld up... at least it was like that last year..

I left at 7AM from Oakland and took about an hour for me to get there...
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

cocoavvie

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "cocoavvie"Do school IDs work?

They say no.

Past experience and situations say yes. You'll probably just have to recite all of your information for whoever is giving you your pass.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015