MASS TOUHOU COSPLAY!

Started by Jun-Watarase, March 20, 2007, 05:42:02 AM

Jun-Watarase

Will it ever happen to Fanime? =(

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

SohmaYuki

If it did, I wouldn't very much like it, because most of the people that cosplayed it, wouldn't really know Touhou very well. They'd cosplay just because "the characters looked cool".

;_; I'd then get my hopes up and ask them about their characters and they wouldn't know anything. Just like when that Atelier Julie cosplayer didn't recognize my Sprite costume from the same damned game(and it was super accurate), and she didn't even know where her costume was from. I wanted to punch her in the face.

Lisu

Well, I wouldn't say mass....but there might be...some.
Yuki, be assured that 2/2 planned in this thread should not disappoint in the extent that the example given did.
I'm planning to do a Rinnosuke, as it is the only option for me.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: "SohmaYuki"If it did, I wouldn't very much like it, because most of the people that cosplayed it, wouldn't really know Touhou very well. They'd cosplay just because "the characters looked cool".

;_; I'd then get my hopes up and ask them about their characters and they wouldn't know anything. Just like when that Atelier Julie cosplayer didn't recognize my Sprite costume from the same damned game(and it was super accurate), and she didn't even know where her costume was from. I wanted to punch her in the face.

Wait... I don't really see the point of wearing a cosplay if you don't know who the character is, or at LEAST where it's from. Also, isn't that a bit of a waste of money?

But as long as she knew your character, I suppose that would okay. IBut when it comes to recognition... I mean, the character costumes vary from time to time when it comes to accuracy, especially with games with fanbases like Touhou.

I'd accept it as long as they knew about the character THEY are cosplaying, I guess... since there are so many. XD; I admit to mixing up names once in a while, and there's only a select 40 that I'd recognize by appearance. (Which isn't much considering how many characters there are, but I haven't counted the total.) Blah... Well, I'd be more forgiving if the character is more obscure, and they don't know who they are. But I'd expect most people to recognize Reisen (Who I'm cosplaying) since she's a more popular character in the games and fanbase. Mhmm...

Quote from: "Lisu"Well, I wouldn't say mass....but there might be...some.
Yuki, be assured that 2/2 planned in this thread should not disappoint in the extent that the example given did.
I'm planning to do a Rinnosuke, as it is the only option for me.

Aww. C'mon. Lisu would make a WONDERFUL Chuugoku. =)

But yeah-- it's nearly impossible. T_T; Though, it WOULD be nice if we had one of each character. Do I really look like Aya, though?

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Otaking007

Believe it or not, I actually know something about the game, and one of the characters (Youmu). Sadly I know little else about it or any of the other characters besides images I have seen. It would be awesome to see this happen though.

...One day, one day.