Video Gamers' Hall of Fame

Started by FanFicGuru, March 20, 2007, 10:43:30 PM

FanFicGuru

So, here's what I was thinking.

You know we have the AMV contest, and it's so popular...why not have a contest where people can submit great video gaming achievements? Things like getting over a million points in the original SSX, beating a boss without getting hit once, that kind of thing. There could be different categories, and each year one person would be voted into the 'hall of fame'.

Just a rough idea.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Asa_Gohan

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Asa_Gohan"like an award if your able to do this ^_^
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7290195511501700726

that's totally hacked. lol

all the numbers across the top of the screen? He was probably running a program or something. Yeah, he's really good...and yeah that's possible...but it seemed way too much like a hacked thing.
Swap meet staff - 2014

Asa_Gohan

yeah but that is basically a perfect fox and he slowed down the game so he could do all of that then sped it all up lol But thats all that he did. Besides slowing down the game he did nothing else >.>

SuperKawaiiNeko

You say that like slowing down the game means nothing...

*I* could do that if the game were running at even half speed, and I *SUCK* at smash brothers.
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

Asa_Gohan

Only if you had the proper knowledge that is...In addition to slowing down the game he had to do a lot of research.  And btw No you cant do that if the game was running at half speed...Shit in practice you can slow down the game to half speed, and when I tried I couldnt do it >.< But what Im saying is that all he did was slow down the game to do all of that crazy stuff.

Tsubasa

All he did was slow down the game?  Unless he can do it at normal speed, I'm with the "he's cheating" camp.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

SohmaYuki

When he can beat Ninja Gaiden 2 with the TV turned off using a Famicom like this old video I saw back in grade school... then I'll care.

Emulated and speed edited runs are cheating. It's playing the game in an unintended way so it's basically not playing the game.

The SOTN speedruns are kinda cool since those are all legit.

Asa_Gohan

oh well but it was just to show a Perfect Fox and there are some people that can do that much crazy stuff

FanFicGuru

Um, ok... it's gone off topic just a bit.

What do you all think of the idea? I mean, there could be different categories and the videos could be edited to be about 4-5 minutes long (or shorter) and people could vote on which clips are the best for the category first, and then overall....much like the AMV awards.

Well?
Swap meet staff - 2014