Taking bart

Started by Touya no Miko, March 23, 2007, 12:11:48 AM

Touya no Miko

I'm thinking about using bart to get to fanime. But I'm rather new to it. I'll take the Fremont Bart, but where the heck do I stop at?
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Touya no Miko"I'm thinking about using bart to get to fanime. But I'm rather new to it. I'll take the Fremont Bart, but where the heck do I stop at?
ive done this for the last two years, and its not as confusing as it seems. after getting off at the Fremont BART station, you'll want to take the VTA express bus route 180. it drops you off about two blocks from the convention center. this is easy walking distance  from the stop to the convention center. the details are also posted on the 'location' section of the main page. it explains it in a little more detail.

HOPE THAT HELPS!
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

AnimeEmperor

I was going to get a ride, but Bart might be easier.

Maybe a bart group should be made so people can do it together?

TheAvacado

I can't say that I know the  maps or what transportation goes where but if it's any help, the lightrail stops just outside the convention center.  
I'm not sure if the lighrail only runs in San Jose or not though....
Even in the light, Death can take us.

Barnes

Here is BART:

www.bart.gov

Here is VTA:

www.vta.org

Hope that helps.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

yillfu

Quote from: "Barnes"Here is BART:

www.bart.gov

Here is VTA:

www.vta.org

Hope that helps.

www.511.org is also useful for any kind of bay area public transportation.  there is a trip planner that tells you where and how much if you give it a start and end place.
zomg play! is coming to fanime 2007!

otakuya

Caltrain might be good too. There's like 2 downtown SJ stops, all with bus access to the convention center.

Moonblossom

Quote from: "yillfu"www.511.org is also useful for any kind of bay area public transportation.  there is a trip planner that tells you where and how much if you give it a start and end place.

Thank you for that link! My travel companion and I were planning to take a few side-trips but had no idea how to get around, that trip planner was incredibly helpful :D

short_storiesgl

Quote from: "Touya no Miko"I'm thinking about using bart to get to fanime. But I'm rather new to it. I'll take the Fremont Bart, but where the heck do I stop at?
I did that LAST YEAR CHEAP AND EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dance Staff Second

Jun-Watarase

Well, since BART doesn't go to San Jose... Eh. I live in Millbrae, which is an end of the line. Within the same station is a CalTrain station, that goes to San Jose, relatively close to the convention center.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

otakuya

BART currently end at the Fremont station. I believe there are VTA buses that go to that station and go downtown. I don't know which ones though.

I can't wait for BART to go to San Jose. The proposals say that the BART trains would go underground San Jose and have stops at the Civic Center and SJSU. That won't be for a long while though.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Awwww....buuuut that would be totally awesome! I'd LOVE to be able to just BART on over to the area!! <3 <3 <3

short_storiesgl

Dance Staff Second

SuperKawaiiNeko

None of those operate in Sacramento!

Yeah...well......SCREW YOU GUYS! I...I...I'll just walk to fanime! *runs away with tears streaming behind* ;_;
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

Cowpunk

One could take Amtrak from Sacramento to Richmond, the station is right next door to the BART station, just walk downstairs, go through the tunnel and you are at the BART station. Buy a ticket to Fremont (round trip is good if you are coming back the same way) and from Fremont catch the bus.

Me I'll probably be heading from Oakland to Fanime on BART & bus.

Gilles - "Car? Car? We don' need no stinkin' car!" - Poitras
Gilles Poitras
Obsession: Anime

Cowpunk

Feh!

Of course I did not think to check on Sacramento to San Jose by Amtrak.

You can go direct, there are someting like 9 trains a day that take you there.
Gilles Poitras
Obsession: Anime

SuperKawaiiNeko

Yeah, amtrak is also like $50+ round trip ~_~
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

heeroyuy135

Compare that to $60-100 spending on gas driving from Sacramento to San Jose and back...Plus, by taking the train you avoid all the Memorial Day traffic going in and out of the Bay Area

Lizchan33

Quote from: "SuperKawaiiNeko"Yeah, amtrak is also like $50+ round trip ~_~
I know my mom drives me and my people from Stockton to san jose and it's a long expensive trip..... but since we stay there the whole time its easier on transporting goods.....
But I might be going down on thursday taking a crazy trip to dublin then san fran then fremont then VTA bus all for my pre reg badge..... that and the fanimaid trainning....

Dagger-6

Quote from: "HeeroYuy135"Compare that to $60-100 spending on gas driving from Sacramento to San Jose and back...Plus, by taking the train you avoid all the Memorial Day traffic going in and out of the Bay Area

It's probably more likely around ~$40-$60 right now.  The only way it should cost you $100 in gas is if you drive like...a hummer or something.  And if you can carpool and get people to chip in for gas, it's definitely cheaper.

But of course the nicest thing about the trains is just kicking back and relaxing for a couple hours instead of worrying about traffic and all that jazz.