Nanoha StrikerS: Ep17, Geass Nooooooooo!

Started by Chun, March 28, 2007, 12:57:44 PM

Lisu

Quote from: "Tsubasa"yesy has released a sub.  Speedsub if I ever saw one.
Current status: hitting that ~ <3  (lovely speed)

Review following watching.

RyuHayabusa

I'm downloading the speed-sub as well. Dang it, I really should rewatch both seasons before watching this, but what the hell. XD

I'll post my 1st impressions later as well.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

RyuHayabusa

Ok, I just finished watching this.

Episode 1 Impressions:

Wow. It feels like I've never left this world at all. I like how the older original trio have become commanders in a way and have taken in new recruits. This episode is more like a training episode so to speak for the 2 new main characters, Teana and Subaru. I like the designs and how they use their weapons and how Subaru has basically paid an homage or tribute to Nanoha's special attack move and made it her own.

The thing is, it feels like there is some sort of backstory prior to this and I guess this is why the StrikerS manga was created, as to fill in the 4 years before the start of the series and how Subaru came to be. The opening prologue was cool, but it needed a little bit more oomph so to speak. I guess I'll read the scanlations when they come out, at least for Volume 1 of the StrikerS manga.

But overall, I enjoyed it, glad to see familiar faces in more of a back supporting roles, but of course, it's named MGL Nanoha for a reason and she will take center stage once again. I wonder how the plot will be after the 1st episode. Overall, I enjoyed it. 4 stars.

Spiritsnare

I hate how I can't download it for another five hours. :(

I hate high school. :(

edit OMG YESY HAS DIRECT DOWNLOADS ON THEIR WEBPAGE YES YES YES YES I LOVE THEM
epic progressive

vox

Chun

Yesy released a speed sub.

For a team of five QCs you'd think someone would bother to get a few contexts right here and there...

Particularly iffy:

*Official Romantisation for "Tiana"; subbed as "Teana".

Wouldn't "Teana" be TEH-AN-AH, rather than TEE-AN-NA?

*Fate's new Last name, "Haraoun/Halloun"; subbed as "Harlaown"(...Somehow more awkward than the rest...)

Somehow the w and combination l and a look strange...

*Various grammar errors/direct transition of engrish.

But overall satisfying.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "Chun"Yesy released a speed sub.

For a team of five QCs you'd think someone would bother to get a few contexts right here and there...

Particularly iffy:

*Official Romantisation for "Tiana"; subbed as "Teana".

*Fate's new Last name, "Haraoun/Halloun"; subbed as "Harlaown"(...Somehow more awkward than the rest...)

Somehow the w and combination l and a look strange...

*Various grammar errors/direct transition of engrish.

But overall satisfying.

~Chun

Well, what did you expect? it was a speed-sub after all ;P at least Yesy-Fansubs is the more qualified of the 2. I will get the HQ when it's released though and they will clean up their translations as well. I'm glad that I finally got around to watch it though. I will marathon seasons 1 and 2 after I clean up my room :p

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Chun"Yesy released a speed sub.

They mentioned 'low quality' for a reason. 8D

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"
Quote from: "Chun"*Fate's new Last name, "Haraoun/Halloun"; subbed as "Harlaown"(...Somehow more awkward than the rest...)

It's written like that somewhere else. I can't remember where, though.

edit I forsook lunch for Nanoha. It was well worth it.

I can survive without food. :3
epic progressive

vox

LastElixir

You guys are on top of ittttttt, ill try watchin it tonight. (raw of course)

j

Sunara Ishi

Subaru is actually kinda cool. Although she is different from my usual likes, I think she may be ones of my faves of the new crew. Though I'll wait and see after everyone is introduced.
From initial images, I didn't think that she would be a character that I would like. Tomboys aren't always on my list but they do appear there from time to time. OwO

From the usual crew: Yay for Hayate, Nanoha, Fate and Reinforce! XD

I can't wait to watch more.

I named by folder special for this... XD;
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Spiritsnare

Now that I have Internet access again, I shall say this: oh god reinforce is hot
epic progressive

vox

Chun

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"Now that I have Internet access again, I shall say this: oh god reinforce is hot

YOU HAVE A HAND MAID COMPLEX

...not that there's anything wrong with that.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Chun"*Official Romantisation for "Tiana"; subbed as "Teana".

I just found this out myself, but these are now official romanizations.  I guess I'll have to get used to using them....
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Tsubasa"I just found this out myself, but these are now official romanizations.  I guess I'll have to get used to using them....

Huh. I liked 'Hallaoun'. :(
epic progressive

vox

RyuHayabusa

1st episode done by #Nanoha and DGz is out. I saw it already and i'm definately sticking with them. The video raw that they used was pretty sweet and it looks awesome, so i guess it must be the HD Raw that came out a few days ago, and it looks pretty awesome encoded with XviD, Their translations are more literal and they are using the official names from the website.

I will redownload their versions of Nanoha Season 1 and 2 cause it's .h264 and from what i hear, they cleaned up the translations that The Triad used. :D

LastElixir

hmm finally got around to watching it. I'll keep it short, lol

The new characters are pretty solid and full of character, and the overall plot looks fun and enjoyable. Nanoha is freakin old and fate is a dyme, I'm so not used to this.

1. Reinforce II is cute as hell. (is it frowned upon to think this way?)
2. We need more Vita.
3. We need more Nanoha's mom.

j

Tsubasa

Quote from: "LastElixir"3. We need more Nanoha's mom.
I'd rather more Lindy.
-Tsubasa

LastElixir

Quote from: "Tsubasa"
Quote from: "LastElixir"3. We need more Nanoha's mom.
I'd rather more Lindy.

mmmm lindy, what happened to her?

Tsubasa

She stepped down from the position as the captain of the Arthra and now does desk work.  The A's to StrikerS manga also suggests that she attends to more housework.
-Tsubasa

LastElixir

Quote from: "Tsubasa"She stepped down from the position as the captain of the Arthra and now does desk work.  The A's to StrikerS manga also suggests that she attends to more housework.

YES!!

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "LastElixir"1. Reinforce II is cute as hell. (is it frowned upon to think this way?)

Hell yes. (Hell no.)
epic progressive

vox