Badge pick-up

Started by GokuMew2, March 29, 2007, 07:13:06 PM

GokuMew2

During badge pick up hours, ONLY the group leader can pick up his or her group's badges. Individual group memebers who are not the group leader cannot pickup their badge on their own.

Please let it be known that this rule SUCKS! .>_<
I mean seriously, you can't expect the leader to come in at the same time as everyone else in their group. I'm the leader for my group so it's no problem for me, but I'm thinking of the people IN my group. If any of them come earlier than me, they can't get into the con cuz they can't pick up their badge. If they come later than me, they have to track me down to get their badge. Seriously, how is this helping us??

I say the group leader should just BE ABLE TO pick up all the badges of their group members.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Gwydion

I just want to know if this only applies to people who don't have 10 people in their group. 'Cause I only have three and I'd rather not have to be the one to pick up the badges when I'll probably have to be the one to get the room squared away. I'd much rather send one of the others to do it for me.

M

Last year, we were told from many that they would rather have one person pick up all the badges from the groups... Which led us to the decision of having the group leader pick up the badges.

If you ("the group leader") aren't able to pick up the badges for your entire group, please choose someone that will be there earlier than everyone and email registration (registration at fanime dot com) about the change.

Also, this applies to groups of 10 or more.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

GokuMew2

Quote from: "MPLe"Last year, we were told from many that they would rather have one person pick up all the badges from the groups... Which led us to the decision of having the group leader pick up the badges.

If you ("the group leader") aren't able to pick up the badges for your entire group, please choose someone that will be there earlier than everyone and email registration (registration at fanime dot com) about the change.

Also, this applies to groups of 10 or more.
I know, I was one of the people who complained about the group leader not being able to pick up everyone's badges. That doesn't mean I want to HAVE TO pick them ALL up. .>_> It's so much more easier if the group leader CAN pick up all their group members' badges. To make it an obligation is so inconvenient, methinks.

I can pick up everyone's badges and all that stuff, but I'm just saying that you're making the group leader do so much more work than is necessary. I really hope you change it so that the leader can pick up all the badges if they want, but that group members can also pick up their badge. This rule is more of a burden than a perk.
< Mew >

Elbowtko

I think you should have the ability to NOT allow certain members of your group to pick up badges if the leader chooses not to.

After all, the leader is paying and they should have all the power vested in them. Should he/she decide one of the members should'nt have a badge for whatever reason

( I still got people that didn't pay me yet, so theres no way I'm going to let them have a badge...).

So I think making it so that ONLY the group leader can pick up badges is a good thing.

Though I think this makes for terrible logistics. I think that you should make it so that individual people can pick up thier badges if the group leader decides it ok.

I think the best way would be to allow an option TO CHOOSE wheter or not a group leader must be present to pick up all the badges.

Kaori

My question is that if you add people, as I have over the past couple of months, going from 7-10 people, does that mean that my group goes under this category? Or does it mean that we are not technically a "group" registration?
Current Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Watanabe Kanako- Star Driver
Ayuzawa Misaki- Kaichou wa Maid-sama

cherryteagirl

I registered last year during Monday of Fanime Con 2006.  

I've registered my anime club for Fanime Con 2007 @ around December 2006. (11 people - so the group perks apply to them).  

I was wondering if I could add myself to the group even if I registered separately. ( I am aware that I will not get the perks that the rest of my group gets.  And I'm fine with that)

I just want to make myself the group leader so I can pick up the badges for all the members in my group ...because the current group leader cannot make it to Registration early enough.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Kaori"My question is that if you add people, as I have over the past couple of months, going from 7-10 people, does that mean that my group goes under this category? Or does it mean that we are not technically a "group" registration?

Adding people to your group after the initial registration will not make you a 'group' registration. You can not access the group only line or receive any of the other perks except being able to pick up your entire groups' badges all in one fell swoop. Other than that, your group is not actually a 'group' registration.

cherryteagirl- That's something you'd have to run by one of the registration staff. You could add yourself to the group by paying for yourself again, but whether or not you'd get refunded for your individual ticket is up to the registration staffer, so before you do anything, talk to them. Chances are they can 'move' you into the group without you having to do anything.

On the whole group leaders picking up badges thing- I think that overall it will be a good thing. A really good thing actually. The only problem I have with it now is that they made the announcement a bit late, and so now group 'leaders' are stuck with having to pick up everyone's badges. I was planning this from the start, but others may have planned on having the badges picked up individually. I can understand how individual pick up could be a mess coming from a group and on that side I say go for it. However, I think the announcement about group leaders being the only ones to pick up the badges should have come much earlier. That's about all I have to say on the matter.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

cherryteagirl

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"
cherryteagirl- That's something you'd have to run by one of the registration staff. You could add yourself to the group by paying for yourself again, but whether or not you'd get refunded for your individual ticket is up to the registration staffer, so before you do anything, talk to them. Chances are they can 'move' you into the group without you having to do anything.

Okay.  Thanks!   :D

Kaori

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"
Quote from: "Kaori"My question is that if you add people, as I have over the past couple of months, going from 7-10 people, does that mean that my group goes under this category? Or does it mean that we are not technically a "group" registration?

Adding people to your group after the initial registration will not make you a 'group' registration. You can not access the group only line or receive any of the other perks except being able to pick up your entire groups' badges all in one fell swoop. Other than that, your group is not actually a 'group' registration.

Alright. Thanks for clearing that up. Kind of ridiculous, but at least I can pick up the whole groups badges. Much easier. So you're saying I can go into the pre-reg line, but not the group reg line....is that correct?

SuperKawaiiNeko

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"cherryteagirl- That's something you'd have to run by one of the registration staff. You could add yourself to the group by paying for yourself again, but whether or not you'd get refunded for your individual ticket is up to the registration staffer, so before you do anything, talk to them. Chances are they can 'move' you into the group without you having to do anything.

No refunds. But if you contact registration, they SHOULD be able to move you (no promises.) However, I know for SURE that you will need the current Group Leader to sign away on their group leaderness. There should be information on how to do this on the website. If there isnt...ask here XD

Anyway, leader pickup. I think that group leaders should have the option to pick up their group's badges. Not having this ability is pretty much just plain retarded.

But it should definitely be just that...an option. Imagine being the head of your school's anime club. Now you HAVE to pick up 40+ badges and are responsible for being available at all times to give them to staggered arrivals? This is also retarded.

However, Elbowtko brings up a good point. The group leader essentially pays for all the badges themselves, and get reimbursed through the individual group members. What if some members dont cough up? Why should they get free badges on the group leader's dollar? They shouldnt, of course.

So, again. I agree with Elbowtko. The group leader should have the ability to choose weather the group leader HAS to pick up all of the badges, or weather they simply have that option.

I also think that group leaders should be able to pick up *some* of the badges, but I think that may be a bit much for just this one post XD
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

cherryteagirl

Quote from: "SuperKawaiiNeko"
Quote from: "FanFicGuru"cherryteagirl- That's something you'd have to run by one of the registration staff. You could add yourself to the group by paying for yourself again, but whether or not you'd get refunded for your individual ticket is up to the registration staffer, so before you do anything, talk to them. Chances are they can 'move' you into the group without you having to do anything.

Anyway, leader pickup. I think that group leaders should have the option to pick up their group's badges. Not having this ability is pretty much just plain retarded.

But it should definitely be just that...an option. Imagine being the head of your school's anime club. Now you HAVE to pick up 40+ badges and are responsible for being available at all times to give them to staggered arrivals? This is also retarded.

I agree.  I really don't want to have to wait for everyone every morning just to give them their badges... =/  I think picking up badges for your members should only be an option for those who really need to ...because all my members already paid up front and they deserve their badge whether I'm there or not.

Kaori

quick question. what forms of id are allowed for pick-up? like are school ids ok?

heeroyuy135

Any form of ID will probably be fine

Tony

Quote from: "Kaori"quick question. what forms of id are allowed for pick-up? like are school ids ok?
Generally you need a government-issued ID, such as a state ID, driver's licence, or passport... but someone from Registration will be along to give the official position.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

GokuMew2

Quote from: "Kaori"quick question. what forms of id are allowed for pick-up? like are school ids ok?
Generally any photo ID, but government-issued is best. (And if you're 18 or over, you should definitely have/get one.)
< Mew >

FanFicGuru

yeah, I got my state ID before last year's fanime.

However, for minors most of the time they allow student ID's.

Or, find someone over 18 with a gov't ID to be your 'guardian' lol. I did that for my sister and her friend last year.
Swap meet staff - 2014

Sen

Quote from: "GokuMew2"
Generally any photo ID, but government-issued is best. (And if you're 18 or over, you should definitely have/get one.)

We want government issud photo IDs. School ID's are not acceptable. At least, that's what it has been like in the past couple of years.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

Inuashley

Quote from: "Sen"

We want government issud photo IDs. School ID's are not acceptable. At least, that's what it has been like in the past couple of years.

Wait, really? I remember seeing on the website that School ID's are acceptable. Also, at all the numerous cons I've been to, including AX, they all accepted school ID's. Why the change now?
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Inuashley"
Quote from: "Sen"

Wait, really? I remember seeing on the website that School ID's are acceptable. Also, at all the numerous cons I've been to, including AX, they all accepted school ID's. Why the change now?

From what I've noticed and heard, Fanime HAS to say that they can only accept official government issued ID's, probably due to the nature of someone spending money for a 'pass' ahead of time.

However, when the time comes to actually pick up your badge, that may change.

Translation: You can use school ID's, they're just not allowed to say so.

At least, that's what my understanding is.
Swap meet staff - 2014