Spring 2007 Anime

Started by Tsubasa, April 03, 2007, 11:37:35 PM

RyuHayabusa

For this season's show, so far i have watched subbed:

Claymore
Nanoha StrikerS

Going to watch Combat Butler Hayate and Touka Gettan after this.
After watching Claymore, it looks like it's a going to be a dark and bloody anime and it's fantasy to boot. I haven't watched a fantasy title in a long time, so this will be it. Of course, I'll be watching Nanoha Strikers as well.

For the new shows that I hope I get to see subbed and to watch will be RomeoXJuliet, Darker Than Black, El Cazador De La Bruja, Hitohira, Idol Master Xenoglassia, Kaibutsu Ojo, Kamichama Karin, kaze no Stigma, Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku Wo,  Lucky Star, Seirei no Moribito, Polyphonica, Sisters of Wellber, Sola, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

If you guys want to read a sypnosys of each anime show for this spring, this is a good guide for it:
http://www.animeonline.com/index.php?page=news_featured&ent_id=100943
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Sunara Ishi

Ah, True Tears looks nice too.... XD

@LastElixir: Short as in there will probably be additional series that I will check out.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Makou

I doubt this needs to be said, but Hayate the Combat Butler (subbed as Hayate no Gotoku) is a comedy epic... with epic voices...

I think I can identify some of the voices.

Hayate = Negima voice (As in Negima, the magical school teacher).
Nagi (the girl with blond hair) = Zero no Tsukaima/ Shana (I think)
Maria (the female maid) = ?????? I've heard this voice before. Can anyone remind me? I just love her voice. *sigh. If only there were English voice actors with voices like that...*gets shot by an English voice actor.

shortpachoo

Quote from: "Makou"I doubt this needs to be said, but Hayate the Combat Butler (subbed as Hayate no Gotoku) is a comedy epic... with epic voices...

I think I can identify some of the voices.

Hayate = Negima voice (As in Negima, the magical school teacher).
Maria (the female maid) = ?????? I've heard this voice before. Can anyone remind me? I just love her voice. *sigh. If only there were English voice actors with voices like that...*gets shot by an English voice actor.

Nagi is right

Hayate = Kaede Nagase from Negima (Ryoko Shiraishi)
Maria = Lacus Clyne from Gundam Seed (Rie Tanaka)

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

mDuo13

I find it hilarious that Nagi is also Alphonse Elric.

Magical Senpai

Quote from: "Makou"

Yup, you're right, Nagi's seiyuu is none other than Rie Kugimiya (who also played Rizel in Rizelmine, IIRC)

Spiritsnare

Back on the topic of that Lucky☆Star commerical, Mahora released an high-quality MKV sub of it, complete with three different angles for your viewing pleasure! 8D ALL IN THE SPACE OF 1.5MB!

Now the question is...should it really be getting this kind of treatment...? ^^;
epic progressive

vox

Jun-Watarase

My list is similar to Sunara's, but I'm probably going to cut it in half after I watch most of the first episodes. XD; Ah hah... So much coming out this season.

As for the second season of Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma-- I've never seen the first season. How is it?

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Jun-Watarase"As for the second season of Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma-- I've never seen the first season. How is it?
Like, the slowest thing ever.  I love it. XD  It's the kind of series you can't appreciate unless you can just sit back and soak in the atmosphere.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

mDuo13

Now torrenting the IDOLM@ASTER XENOGLOSSIA ep1 from [SRN].

Also hoping someone will sub the high-def Gigantic Formula soon.

mDuo13

Oh man. Hayate #2 and Lucky Star #1 raws are out. Want, want, WANT!

Oh yeah, I watched Xenoglossia and it's pretty damn weird.

Sunara Ishi

My first thoughts with Idolmaster Xenoglossia were "Are they trying to do a Sakura Taisen thing with the idols? O.o?" and "They should have never changed the seiyuu from the originals."

Only one character sounded okay to me and that was one that wasn't in the games in the first place... -.-; It sounded like they were trying to match the voices of the originals and failing horribly...

Yukiho is <3 though. (Mine. I claim. XP ) Her being a "my pace" type is fitting. Since her character design is close to Shiori, I was kinda expecting a similar character. (Her game self does seem similar)
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Tsubasa

IM@S XENOGLOSSIA feels totally Sunrise.  Doesn't fit with either of the original source works.

Might still be worth watching, but it's definitely something I have to take with a grain of salt considering my familiarity with the original games.

And give me back my Ochiai Yurika!

kthxbye
-Tsubasa

LastElixir

I said this before, but check out Kyou no Go no Ni if you want some laughs. It's so wrong that it's awesome. It's not this season but the OVA just ended.

j

Magical Senpai

Quote from: "LastElixir"I said this before, but check out Kyou no Go no Ni if you want some laughs. It's so wrong that it's awesome. It's not this season but the OVA just ended.

The first thought I had when I saw Today in Class 5-2:

"I've never felt this much sexual tension when I was in 5th grade..."

Lisu

egh, all these new series leaves zero room for catch up on everything else. Though Emma and Code Geas get special spots.
For what I have so far:

Claymore: It's good, my kind of style really....but, this was in Jump?...wow....
Hayate the Combat Butler: As most things of this nature I've come across- manga is better.  Not to say that this isn't a good watch on its own, and I will stick around for being a natural fan of the series
Heroic Age: It looks....ok....they cut the main character's hair...
Nanoha Strickers: good as expected of the first episode, perhaps more.
Tengen Toppa: yea....Gainax....
Touka Gettan: I will watch, and probably as it unfolds I will have an idea of what exactly I am watching here...

Now processing:
Darker than Black
El Cazador de la Bruja
Hitohira
Xenoglossia
Nagasarete Airantou

Interested in:
Kaibutsu Ojo
Lucky Star (duh...)
Okiku Furikabutte (gay baseball?)
Romeo X Juliet
Polyphonica
Sola

mDuo13

Quote from: "Sunara Ishi"Yukiho is <3 though. (Mine. I claim. XP ) Her being a "my pace" type is fitting. Since her character design is close to Shiori, I was kinda expecting a similar character. (Her game self does seem similar)
I watched the show and she was totally the main reason I would consider watching more. You can't claim her: I watched it first! D:

Still waiting for some shows to get subbed. Karin, Blue Dragon, etc. Murder Princess looks maybe good, maybe bad. The music to the OP is cool.

Lisu

Most recent for me is Darker than Black and Murder Princess.

Darker than Black is the same of the ol' good stuff. A particular gray haired character might catch the eye of a few of us, but it looks like it will be ok if I don't get too busy with the other shows.

Murder princess, under its actiony and upbeat exterior is actually.....kinda stupid.  If you ignore the actual plot though, it's good. But omg the killer loli(s?)! Totally pulled the first episode for me.

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: "mDuo13"
Quote from: "Sunara Ishi"Yukiho is <3 though. (Mine. I claim. XP ) Her being a "my pace" type is fitting. Since her character design is close to Shiori, I was kinda expecting a similar character. (Her game self does seem similar)
I watched the show and she was totally the main reason I would consider watching more. You can't claim her: I watched it first! D:
uhh... I claimed her since we started discussing the game. -.-;;

Fine. I'll share. D: ~gives you a doppleganger of yukiho~
~runs away with the carriage with yukiho in it~ whahaha~

Later today, I will check out Lucky Star and Guardian of the sacred Spirit.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Sunara Ishi"
Quote from: "mDuo13"
uhh... I claimed her since we started discussing the game. -.-;;
Interesting how all this claiming happens independent of the person who liked her best before anyone else here even knew what IM@S was.
-Tsubasa