Spring 2007 Anime

Started by Tsubasa, April 03, 2007, 11:37:35 PM

Tsubasa

For discussion of series that have just begun airing this season.  There can't be dedicated threads for everything.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Tsubasa

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS:
As one might imagine, I love this series already. <3  Refer to dedicated thread.

Shinkyouku Soukai Polyphonica:
Just checked out the raw.  I'm not sure I like how they started the story out.  They decided to completely skip the beginning of the game and jump directly into the story without explaining Folon and Corti's circumstances or anything about the world itself.  I think starting with Perse and Prin's school visit would have been a better choice.  Besides that, it might be worth sticking with.  I'm pretty sure I'll watch it all the way through.  Corti is so cute.  And more Perse prease~.
-Tsubasa

LastElixir

agghhh ONE WEEK till LAKI SUTA

j

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "LastElixir"agghhh ONE WEEK till LAKI SUTA

j

I second this. I'm also quite interested in Polyphonica, having played the demo. :3
epic progressive

vox

Makou

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "LastElixir"agghhh ONE WEEK till LAKI SUTA

j

I second this. I'm also quite interested in Polyphonica, having played the demo. :3

WOAH?! POLYPHONICA is coming out!?

I finally get to see the whole story (hope they keep the vocab in the subs, but I highly doubt it).

Hmm... I think Hayate the Combat Butler came out this season. Actually, I'm pretty sure it did. Here's a link.

http://anime.miao.us/archives/2007/04/01/1053/#more-1053

Sunara Ishi

So far the only series I've watched this season (so far) is Strikers: which is awesome in its own right.
I plan to watch Polyphonica and Hayate the Combat Butler as soon as they are subbed. Though if the subs take a long time, I might get ahold of the raws in the meantime. >.<

Two more shows of the new season have been subbed: Heroic Age and Teggen Toppa Gurren-Lagann. However the subber for Heroic Age isn't a group I've seen before.
I will likely check these two series out to see how they are.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Tsubasa

Here's what's airing this season.

I'm probably gonna check out:
IDOLM@STER Xenoglossia
Kamichama Karin
Kaibutsu Oujou
Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo
Nagasarete Airantou
Hayate the Combat Butler
Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS
Lucky☆Star
Victorian Romance Emma Second Act
true tears

If not more. :3
-Tsubasa

Makou

Wow! Thanks for the info, Tsubasa!

Looks like I'm going to check out a ton of anime this season.
Those in bold are the things I'm hopping most for.

Claymore (I liked the manga, but that's because... uuuh *slashes someone's head off).
Kamichama Karin (just because of the artist).
Hayate the Combat Butler (Maria-san struck me as the coolest maid out there).
Idolmaster Xenoglossia (Only, and I repeat, only if the story is good).
Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica (I loved the concept of Polyphonica. I can learn a bit from its story, so I'll watch this regardless of animation quality).
Kaibutsu Oujou  (It looks unique. What is this, Halloween... everyday?!).
True Tears (100% going to watch this. The girl with long red hair and contagious happiness was once my avatar. *salutes).

EDIT:
Just saw Claymore. The music is odd and often doesn't fit the tone. I was often asking myself if my stomach was grumbling or those weird noises were coming from the speakers. Though, hoping for a strong orchestra or some good rock music isn't totally out of the picture because I'm sure the anime has room to improve (thank God). Story-wise, it stays true to the manga, the voice acting ain't bad, and the animation is stylistic, though neither too flashy or too undercut. It's bloody, a seemingly profound trademark in medieval anime, so viewer discretion advised. However, despite my complaints, I feel that the anime has a proper grasp of fighting scenes (a highlight of any action manga) and unique characters (our protagonist, Clare, the Claymore and the abandoned boy, Kiri). I'm going to keep watching. Hope someone will try the series!

Tsubasa

a.f.k. has released a Lucky☆Star commercial.  It's available on Tosho.

Best commercial ever?  Potentially....
-Tsubasa

mDuo13

I've already written up my impressions of the first episode of El Cazador. Haven't seen anything else from this season just yet.

But ones that I plan to watch... so many possibilities.
Hayate the Combat Butler
Kisin Taisen Gigantic Formula
THE SKULLMAN
Tales of Symphonia OVA

And then I'll pick up whatever people tell me is good, probably.

And really... Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Whoa. Dare I?

Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

LastElixir

Quote from: "Chun"Ad in question:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8JClse_Sg2M

did they really have to sub that? lawl

j

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Tsubasa"a.f.k. has released a Lucky☆Star commercial.  It's available on Tosho.

Best commercial ever?  Potentially....

I concur. Flag this for best of.
epic progressive

vox

mDuo13

The raw of Hellsing OVA 3 is out...! Can't wait for someone to sub it.

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: "LastElixir"
Quote from: "Chun"Ad in question:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8JClse_Sg2M

did they really have to sub that? lawl

j

That was.... intriguing...
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Tsubasa

Hitohira:
The story of a shy girl who can't talk when she's nervous and how she gets drawn into a drama club.

I think this show shows some promise.  The characters are interesting, the character designs are attractive, and the animation isn't bad.  Kawasumi Ayako's character, Nono, is pretty cool too.

If anyone watches the translation by [one], be prepared for some glaring grammatical errors. XD;
-Tsubasa

shortpachoo

Hayate no Gotoku! episode 1 is out and its in HD by Static-subs and Eclipse

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

Makou

Anyone going to try out Murder Princess? The manga had some nice art, and the main character is so damn spunky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ1qsgg2nnc

The opening warrants you to check it out!
Nightmare (ish character) v.s. Murder Princess!
Btw, girls that how to fight? = Great.

Besides... it's important to know how to defend yourself.
(Though how to kill might be excessive >_>;;)

Sunara Ishi

I'm too lazy to look up the other thread where I listed the ones I intend to check out but short list:

Series:
Polyphonia
Hayate the Combat Butler
Strikers
Heroic Age
Claymore
Idolmaster Xenoglossia
Kamichama Karin (I <3 the manga)
Lucky Star
Shining Tears
Nagasarete Airantou
Sola
El Cazador de la Bruja
Sisters of Welbar
Emily of new moon
Guardian of the sacred spirit
Ohedo Rocket
Kaze no stigma
seto no hanayomi
Princess Resurrection

OVA:
Tales of Symphonia
Sakura Taisen: New York, N.Y.
Saiyuki Reload: Burial

I watched Strikers, Heroic Age, Claymore and Tengan Toppa Gurren-Lagann so far. Heroic Age and Claymore might hold promise. I'm iffy on Tengan Toppa but it might be good. And Strikers is always awesome. OwO

[Edit: Finished Hayate the Combat Butler. Its great. Quite amusing. This will definitely be one of the series that I will follow.]

hmm... what is True Tears and Kaibutsu Oujou about? O.o?
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

LastElixir

jesus sunara, that list is NOT short. lol

I'll probably check out 3-4 series and see from there. I'm always looking for unique out-of-the-box series.

j