Spring 2007 Anime

Started by Tsubasa, April 03, 2007, 11:37:35 PM

Tsubasa

Quote from: "LastElixir"Anyone wanna watch OverDrive with me? Shounen series about... BICYCLES!
Finally checked it out.  Four episodes in.  I'm liking it so far, but it hasn't really kicked off yet.  It's your standard shounen underdog-with-passion-takes-up-something-and-becomes-good-at-it story.

Something that has to be said: the main girl, although pretty, is just a tad too realistic.  I guess it's a difference from the usual.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

LastElixir

Quote from: "Tsubasa"
Quote from: "LastElixir"Anyone wanna watch OverDrive with me? Shounen series about... BICYCLES!
Finally checked it out.  Four episodes in.  I'm liking it so far, but it hasn't really kicked off yet.  It's your standard shounen underdog-with-passion-takes-up-something-and-becomes-good-at-it story.

Something that has to be said: the main girl, although pretty, is just a tad too realistic.  I guess it's a difference from the usual.

you wrapped up my thoughts pretty well, but it has some potential. The girl is rather raw, but we'll see how she develops. If you want more cheese in your shounen, just check out kenichi. lawl.

j

Sunara Ishi

I really wish there were more releases of polyphonica.. Its such a great series. Its a pity.

I'm going to hold out awhile hoping that there'd be more releases but worst case scenario, I'll have to leech raws off someone. But I hope yesy continues their usual trend and eventually finished it.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: "Sunara Ishi"I really wish there were more releases of polyphonica.. Its such a great series. Its a pity.

I'm going to hold out awhile hoping that there'd be more releases but worst case scenario, I'll have to leech raws off someone. But I hope yesy continues their usual trend and eventually finished it.

... Great series? ^_^;

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

LastElixir

oh gawd, overdrive is getting really really good, lol.
up to ep 13.

j

mDuo13

El Cazador ep 14 was awesome. I can't wait for the OST (damn it all, another 18 days?!)

Spiritsnare

From this season, I'm currently working on Hitohira, Overdrive, and Nanoha StrikerS. StrikerS stuff I'll toss in the main StrikerS thread; Overdrive I haven't started on; Hitohira looks promising, and I'm going to be watching more.
epic progressive

vox

mDuo13

The first episode of Okiku Furikabutte was actually pretty good...

LastElixir

Quote from: "mDuo13"The first episode of Okiku Furikabutte was actually pretty good...

it only gets better in every freakin way. :D

j

Spiritsnare

Here's a second shoutout to Ookiku Furikabutte.

It's pretty good.
epic progressive

vox

Chun

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"Here's a second shoutout to Ookiku Furikabutte.

It's pretty good.

Thirded upon viewing first three episodes.

P.S. Maria is hawt.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

LastElixir

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Hayate No Gotoku, despite at first thinkin it was flat-out random, is now glued to my head after watchin all 18 episodes so far.  Hinagiku, Isumi, and Maria FTW!! :D
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Chun

RE: Oofuri

Episode 4, Oda bats a Zero.

...you'll see what I mean.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

mDuo13

Finally picked up Seto no Hanayome. Not bad so far - similar story device to Onegai Teacher, but with mermaids/mermen instead of alien teachers.

Appu

I read this thread, and it takes a long while for me to realize it's of the yesteryear. Overdrive still not completely subbed - @ 23. I believe I watched until 21. And it makes me sad to see the pace of Oofuri subs. I wonder when I'll ever get around to finishing these 2 good series lawl (Sorta ironic, if I reflect upon myself but whatever).
MARIACHI, the Mixed Apparatus for Radar Investigation of Cosmic-rays of High Ionization, is an apparatus for the detection of ultra-high-energy cosmic rays (UHECR) via bi-static radar using VHF transmitters!

mDuo13

Thread revive!

I finished Seto. It was pretty good. Not always to my taste, but the ending was pretty solid. LAST AMAZONES ftw.

I've still only seen up to ep 10 of Oofuri. But I guess the licensed version is coming out not that long from now?

The fact that I'm this behind, though, is pretty sad.

Tsubasa

-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR