video game concert

Started by yillfu, April 05, 2007, 11:54:14 PM

yillfu

i heard play! video game symphony is coming to down the weekend of fanime at the performing arts center.  i'm so stoked!  i was lucky enough to snag a ticket to the first Dear Friends music from Final Fantasy concert in LA....too much awesomeness.  vgm sounds sooooo good performed by an orchestra.
zomg play! is coming to fanime 2007!

Eri

Yup, it's true... It's at the CPA which is like a block away ^_^

There's even a discount for Fanime members. The discount is $6 for most seats and $10 for those special seats near the front.

We'll have more information up on the website soon...
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

madmanlotar

This kicks ass!!  Are we going to need to reserve tickets or are they going to available around con time?  If we need to reserve them, is there a website available that registered fanime members can use in order to apply the discount?

M

Quote from: "madmanlotar"This kicks ass!!  Are we going to need to reserve tickets or are they going to available around con time?  If we need to reserve them, is there a website available that registered fanime members can use in order to apply the discount?

You will have to order your tickets through ticketmaster but enter a special code that we will be releasing very soon. :)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

madmanlotar

koella

Would we have to dress up all formal for this event?  Or could we go straight from fanime to the concert in our costumes?  :?

yillfu

Quote from: "koella"Would we have to dress up all formal for this event?  Or could we go straight from fanime to the concert in our costumes?  :?

i've heard stories of people showing up in cosplay...might have read article about the producer encouraging people to be themselves.

mDuo13

I wanna go to this so bad.

$30 extra is probably worth it... but man, that's just even more of my cash dwindling away. ;_;

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Eri"Yup, it's true... It's at the CPA which is like a block away ^_^

There's even a discount for Fanime members. The discount is $6 for most seats and $10 for those special seats near the front.

We'll have more information up on the website soon...

Are you serious? I just paid 100 bucks for an orchestra seat...

They're seriously gonna be selling those for 10 dollars for Fanime attendees? or 'Fanime Attendees' that can just find the code and use it even if they're not going to fanime?

Doesn't seem fair to those of us who ordered the tickets early. >_<
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Moonblossom

I think she meant 10$ off, not 10$ in total. The discount is 10$, not the final ticket price. I'm not positive though, but that would make sense.

chloerin

If you want to check out the information on the show visit www.play-symphony.com. There is ticket information there. For some reason ticketmaster hasn't built in the discount for registered fanime attendees. The team behind this production is the same one behind Dear Friends- Music from FINAL FANTASY, and More Friends- Music from FINAL FANTASY. Tickets are on sale but they will probably sell out so get them while you can.

I heard that there will be some famous people attending as well as a lot of free giveaways.

I am excited! They have been everywhere except our beloved Cali. :lol:

chloerin

According to the PLAY! website www.play-symphony.com Hironobu Sakaguchi and Nobuo Uematsu creators of FINAL FANTASY will premiere their newest game Lost Odyssey as part of the show. They will also preform the music and showcase on the big screen never before seen footage of the game "The Darkness". Both of these games have not even been released anywhere. Pretty cool!

:P

mDuo13

Sounds better and better. I can't wait. With Pirates 3 also, Fanime weekend is going to be just plain EPIC.

yillfu

Quote from: "chloerin"I heard that there will be some famous people attending as well as a lot of free giveaways.

oh man i hope that hand drummer Rony Barrak is coming.  i heard he was the bomb in chicago and stockholm.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Moonblossom"I think she meant 10$ off, not 10$ in total. The discount is 10$, not the final ticket price. I'm not positive though, but that would make sense.

Aha, I read it stupidly.

>_<
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

madmanlotar

I purchased a front row ticket but I did not notice an area for promotion codes of any kind besides gift certificate redemption.  Can anyone help me with this?

Update:  It seems like the promotional code was just added today as I can now get tickets with the fanime discount.  Is there a way to retroactively apply the discount without having to buy another ticket and lose my seat?

yillfu

Quote from: "madmanlotar"I purchased a front row ticket but I did not notice an area for promotion codes of any kind besides gift certificate redemption.  Can anyone help me with this?

Update:  It seems like the promotional code was just added today as I can now get tickets with the fanime discount.  Is there a way to retroactively apply the discount without having to buy another ticket and lose my seat?

probably not =(.  ticketmaster is famous for shafting it's customers.  hell the convenience fees for my sharks playoff tickets are ridiculous enough.

heeroyuy135

Does anyone know the promo code?

yillfu

Quote from: "HeeroYuy135"Does anyone know the promo code?

i just spotted it on the front page of fanime.com  :lol:

too bad i bought my tickets before ticketmaster got their game together and put the promo code option on them =/

chloerin

The password is "fanime".