video game concert

Started by yillfu, April 05, 2007, 11:54:14 PM

FanFicGuru

So I guess the 100 dollar seats come with a souveneir bag.

Fun! ^^
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

SuperKawaiiNeko

I got my cheap 36 dollar ticket before the promo code became valid, as well. With ticketmaster bullgarbage, my final ticket price was 44 and change.

Im Orchestra D 26 how about all of you? XD

I dunno where that is, but it sounds good! Im not ZZ 49 at least XD
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

short_storiesgl

Quote from: "yillfu"i heard play! video game symphony is coming to down the weekend of fanime at the performing arts center.  i'm so stoked!  i was lucky enough to snag a ticket to the first Dear Friends music from Final Fantasy concert in LA....too much awesomeness.  vgm sounds sooooo good performed by an orchestra.
you lucky sob
no fair =[
Dance Staff Second

FanFicGuru

Row six, seat 9.

That tells me that lots of people heard and already replied to the fact that PLAY! was coming to SJ, because I bought it pretty quickly after I heard they were coming and I still got sixth row. lol.

Oh well.
Swap meet staff - 2014

chloerin

It is official Jeremy Soule the composer of Oblivion will attend the show. Also, many of us are planning on coming in costume. We are going to have a costume party there. Spread the word and encourage everyone to get their tickets now before they are gone. If you know of anyone interested make sure they get there tickets and spread the word. I have been waiting for this event to come since Dear Friends in SF. Also, the ticketmaster system has a discount for Fanime folks. Just enter "fanime" which is all the more reason to buy now!

chloerin

FanFicGuru

Nobuo Uematsu is going to be there too I think.
Swap meet staff - 2014

babytealeaf

I got my tickets in the mail today. One for me and one for my boyfriend. Orchestra pit, row D seats 28 and 30 ^_^

SuperKawaiiNeko

babytealeaf: Youre right next to me! =D

Also: I got my ticket in the mail the other day. So happy! ^_^

I'll either crossplay in a schoolgirl outfit or wear something nice. Not sure which, yet.

Head of Volunteers 2010

yillfu

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"Nobuo Uematsu is going to be there too I think.

that would be money!  though i can see why he didn't make every single stop on the dear friends tour.  i'm still goin for the music.  i just want to hear chrono trigger live, that would make my year.
zomg play! is coming to fanime 2007!

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "yillfu"
Quote from: "FanFicGuru"Nobuo Uematsu is going to be there too I think.

that would be money!  though i can see why he didn't make every single stop on the dear friends tour.  i'm still goin for the music.  i just want to hear chrono trigger live, that would make my year.

Metal Gear Solid music too...and FF.

All of it is going to be awesome. I can't wait.

Anyways, I hope that the 100 dollar seats come with autograph opportunies. PLEASE UEMATSU! SIGN MY CHRONO TRIGGER GAME!
Swap meet staff - 2014

chloerin

The $100.00 tickets are gone? :cry: I shouldn't have waited.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "chloerin"The $100.00 tickets are gone? :cry: I shouldn't have waited.

w0rd.

I knew that they were going to sell pretty quick. So I jumped on it.

6th row. w00t!
Swap meet staff - 2014

SuperKawaiiNeko

What are you talking about? I just checked ticketmaster for $100 seats

Section Row Type               Ticket Price  Convenience Charge
ORCH   10    Full Price Adult US $100.00 US $5.50

Head of Volunteers 2010

chloerin

This is awesome!

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., April 21, 2007 - Jason Michael Paul Productions, Inc. announced today that the first 1,000 attendees to the PLAY! concert in San Jose will receive free exclusive Dear Friends - Music from FINAL FANTASY programs and posters. PLAY! San Jose will be presented in association with Fanime at the San Jose Center for the Performing Arts on Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 8 pm.

The two-hour concert performed by the Symphony Silicon Valley and Chorale will be conducted by Grammy Award-winning artist Arnie Roth. "It's no secret among game lovers and connoisseurs of orchestral music that some of today's most thrilling scores are coming out of the video game genre," says Roth. "This spectacular concert series speaks to the growing popularity and artistic sophistication of this form of entertainment and will attract people of all generations to some of the world's greatest concert halls."

This presentation is the second successful collaboration between the Symphony and Jason Michael Paul Productions, having presented a sold-out video game music concert in 2005.

Tickets to the PLAY! concert in San Jose, CA are available to the general public online at www.ticketmaster.com or at Symphony Silicon Valley, 467 South First St. San Jose, CA 95113 or by calling 408 286-2600.

Ticket prices for this concert range from $36 - $72 a seat with a select group of the best seats selling for $100 including a PLAY! Package of gifts.

Article URL is http://www.play-symphony.com/news.php?full=70.
:P

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "chloerin"This is awesome!

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., April 21, 2007 - Jason Michael Paul Productions, Inc. announced today that the first 1,000 attendees to the PLAY! concert in San Jose will receive free exclusive Dear Friends - Music from FINAL FANTASY programs and posters. PLAY! San Jose will be presented in association with Fanime at the San Jose Center for the Performing Arts on Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 8 pm.

The two-hour concert performed by the Symphony Silicon Valley and Chorale will be conducted by Grammy Award-winning artist Arnie Roth. "It's no secret among game lovers and connoisseurs of orchestral music that some of today's most thrilling scores are coming out of the video game genre," says Roth. "This spectacular concert series speaks to the growing popularity and artistic sophistication of this form of entertainment and will attract people of all generations to some of the world's greatest concert halls."

This presentation is the second successful collaboration between the Symphony and Jason Michael Paul Productions, having presented a sold-out video game music concert in 2005.

Tickets to the PLAY! concert in San Jose, CA are available to the general public online at www.ticketmaster.com or at Symphony Silicon Valley, 467 South First St. San Jose, CA 95113 or by calling 408 286-2600.

Ticket prices for this concert range from $36 - $72 a seat with a select group of the best seats selling for $100 including a PLAY! Package of gifts.

Article URL is http://www.play-symphony.com/news.php?full=70.
:P

First 1,000? Awesome...I'm SO getting there early.
Swap meet staff - 2014

chloerin

I was just curious if anyone knows what the program will be for this show? Is it posted anywhere? Please let me know. I hope they perform One Winged Angel.

chloerin

The more people who come the more exciting it will be. I hope that everyone coming to Fanime will join us at this event. We are going to have a costume ball. 8)

yillfu

ooo freebies! i'm so there early.
zomg play! is coming to fanime 2007!

madmanlotar

Well, it's either this or music-fest.  I have already bought a hundred dollar ticket so Play! is the event I will be attending.