video game concert

Started by yillfu, April 05, 2007, 11:54:14 PM

FanFicGuru

This>>>>music-fest. Especially with a 100 dollar ticket.

Epic performances. Epic songs. What else could you ask for?
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

yillfu

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"This>>>>music-fest. Especially with a 100 dollar ticket.

word.  besides.  can't musicfest wait another day?  fest is free so why can't we all have the best of both worlds?
zomg play! is coming to fanime 2007!

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "yillfu"
Quote from: "FanFicGuru"This>>>>music-fest. Especially with a 100 dollar ticket.

word.  besides.  can't musicfest wait another day?  fest is free so why can't we all have the best of both worlds?

Probably not. Fanime has made plans, involving contracts, with these bands. Chances are that it has the date of performance pretty much set in stone. If they were to try and change it most likely it would incur a fee or something negative in their communications with the bands.

Again, I say oh well and Hooray for Play!
Swap meet staff - 2014

Tony

Thanks.

Quote from: "yillfu"besides.  can't musicfest wait another day?  fest is free so why can't we all have the best of both worlds?
No. MusicFest has been on Saturday for a few years now, and yes, contracts are involved. If you want to blame someone for the scheduling conflict, don't look here.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

yillfu

Quote from: "Tony"
Thanks.

Quote from: "yillfu"besides.  can't musicfest wait another day?  fest is free so why can't we all have the best of both worlds?
No. MusicFest has been on Saturday for a few years now, and yes, contracts are involved. If you want to blame someone for the scheduling conflict, don't look here.

oh i see..alright.

chloerin

The PLAY! concert starts at 8PM. Does anyone know what time the music fest starts? In a perfect world we can attend both since the PLAY! program I believe usually runs about two hours or so. In any case, I have been waiting for PLAY! to come to the Bay Area since I first saw the banner on the fanime website last year! It is not everyday that you get the opportunity to see a full orchestra, choir, grammy award winning conductor, guest stars, receive limited edition merchandise, world premiere of Lost Odyssey, The Darkness, and yet still more to be announced. I have already spent my money on PLAY!. Oh I cannot wait.

BrightHeart76

I hadn't looked at the PLAY! website for a few weeks.  Did anyone else notice the free stuff they're giving away to the first 1,000 people?  How cool is that?  http://www.play-symphony.com/news.php?full=70
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

chloerin

I was thinking that it might be nice if we can have a group to meet up before the concert for dinner? If this is something that people want to do suggest a place. I am thinking to meet uo at the convention center. Does anyone have any restaurant suggestions? Holler. Only 19 more days!

yillfu

Quote from: "chloerin"I was thinking that it might be nice if we can have a group to meet up before the concert for dinner? If this is something that people want to do suggest a place. I am thinking to meet uo at the convention center. Does anyone have any restaurant suggestions? Holler. Only 19 more days!

i'd be down...there's some good food along santa clara street, burgers and burritos mmm.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "chloerin"I was thinking that it might be nice if we can have a group to meet up before the concert for dinner? If this is something that people want to do suggest a place. I am thinking to meet uo at the convention center. Does anyone have any restaurant suggestions? Holler. Only 19 more days!

I'm getting into line 2 hours early at least. I want to nab a soundtrack! lol

I might just grab some mcdonalds around 4 or 5 and then go stand in line. whee.
Swap meet staff - 2014

TheAvacado

Get in line around 4 or 5?  Holy crap!  *worries*  I want the free swag but that's really early!  Oh I know; I'll get myself entertainment at Fanime earlier and bring that with me!  *problem solved*  Yay!  

Anyway, I didn't read the previous pages so I apologize if this has already been asked and answered but does anyone know how late this is going to go?
Even in the light, Death can take us.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "TheAvacado"Get in line around 4 or 5?  Holy crap!  *worries*  I want the free swag but that's really early!  Oh I know; I'll get myself entertainment at Fanime earlier and bring that with me!  *problem solved*  Yay!  

Anyway, I didn't read the previous pages so I apologize if this has already been asked and answered but does anyone know how late this is going to go?

Probably around 9:30 or 10 at the latest if it starts at 8.
Swap meet staff - 2014

Barnes

I've seen people start a line for Masq. IN THE MORNING. Just thought I should point that out.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

yillfu

don't forget to bring your DS if you have one!  i read from a review of the chicago show that people were chatting on the DS during the intermission, sounds like a good idea.  i'll be bringing mine.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "yillfu"don't forget to bring your DS if you have one!  i read from a review of the chicago show that people were chatting on the DS during the intermission, sounds like a good idea.  i'll be bringing mine.

Fun. I may hijack one of my sister's.

In the morning? As much as I'd like to nab free stuff I don't think so.

Also, keep in mind that Masquerade is first come first serve seating, that would  explain why people would get in line in the morning to nab the best spot. When you've got seats already picked out it's not as pressing to get into a line, unless you're eager for goodies like me. ^_^
Swap meet staff - 2014

chloerin

As if the FINAL FANTASY merch wasn't enough. Here is more souvenirs to add to the loot. See below:

PLAY! Concert Kicks Off on Saturday, May 26, 2007 in San Jose, CA

PLAY! and Blizzard Entertainment® to Give Away Free World of Warcraft® Trial DVDs at the California Premiere

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., March May 8, 2007- Today, Jason Michael Paul Productions, Inc. has announced that the upcoming PLAY! concerts will kickoff on Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 8PM in San Jose, CA at the San Jose Center for the Performing Arts. The concert will take place in conjunction with the Fanime Convention www.fanime.com.

PLAY! A Video Game Symphony is a symphony concert world tour, featuring live music performed by full orchestra and choir. Outstanding graphics on large screens above the orchestra accompany the scores, highlighting memorable moments from a catalogue of blockbuster video games.

Audiences will be thrilled by orchestral arrangements of their favorite video game soundtracks, including the score to World of Warcraft, Blizzard Entertainment's award-winning massively multiplayer online game.  As an added bonus, attendees to PLAY! Concerts will receive a free trial disc of World of Warcraft on DVD-ROM, which includes 14 days of free game time, while supplies last.

"Thanks to the generosity of Blizzard Entertainment, our concert goers will have a memento by which to remember their special evening at the PLAY! concert," says Jason Michael Paul, producer of PLAY!.

Additional tour dates including ticket information are available at the official PLAY! website at www.play-symphony.com/tickets.php. So far, upcoming PLAY! concerts have been announced for Stockholm, Singapore, Sydney and Ft. Worth, TX.

About Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
Best known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft and the Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® series, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. (www.blizzard.com), a division of Vivendi Games, is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software renowned for creating some of the industry’s most critically acclaimed games. Blizzard’s track record includes ten #1-selling games and multiple Game of the Year awards. The company’s free Internet gaming service, Battle.net®, reigns as the largest in the world, with millions of active users.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :shock:

narutofan17

What day is it going to be on? I would love to go see it. That is if the ticket are already sold out. T_T
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

narutofan17

Quote from: "Barnes"On Saturday.
Sweet. Now I have to convince my best friend into going
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

yillfu

good stuff! haven't played burning crusade yet, and getting a dvd install should make things go a little faster.  14 days is a lot longer than the 10 blizzard is currently offering.  timing is great as well, after finals!