Lucky Star - Uu 19:You can find my people... Everywhere

Started by Chun, April 08, 2007, 06:20:01 AM

Jun-Watarase

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

G.I.R

I have no idea what this show (or game) is, but... I... CAN'T... GET OP TUNE  OUT OF...  HEAD!   MOE MADDNESS!!! :x

Shin Lucky Star

LastElixir

this is going to be the next big thing, i can smell it, i can smell the :3

j

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Jun-Watarase"T_T; Because only anime girls can play eroge and not be a loser. *pitiful sigh*

...once you think about it, she is a loser...

Not only that, but that's Japan, where, as I understand it, the majority of the PC game market is comprised of AVGs, so it's only natural, given that her dad plays them...
epic progressive

vox

shortpachoo

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

Lisu

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Lisu"?
http://tokyotosho.com/details.php?id=64268
?
says anime, but I'm going to work so I can't hit that...
I looked at the website and they only have raws.  Must be mislabeled.

In other news, reports from various anime blogs say that the first episode is mediocre. -.-;
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Sunara Ishi

It had my hopes up for a second too. D: (until I checked...)

But they had links to the manga. >.<
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Tsubasa"In other news, reports from various anime blogs say that the first episode is mediocre. -.-;

I saw opinion to be rather divided, myself, between people who can stand "having nothing happen", people who can't, and people who were insanely disappointed with the hype.

There are people who claim that it's probably going to get better with subs because it seems as though some of the jokes are inherently cultural.
epic progressive

vox

Jun-Watarase

Konota Izumi's description in Wikipedia:

* Birthday: May 28th
   * Lives in: Saitama Prefecture
   * Blood Type: A
   * Strong subjects: PE (however, it isn't her favorite subject)
   * Disliked subjects: Math and science
   * Favourite Foods: Chocolate cornet bread

Konata, nicknamed "Kona-chan" by her friends, gets bored easily when something doesn't interest her. She can be smart, but she hates studying so her grades are a bit uneasy. However, she is an expert in pulling an "all-nighter". In contrast to her studying habits, she loves video games to the extent that she can compete against Kagami on knowledge of games. In addition to video games, she loves anime which is also due to her father's influence along with the games. Her father also buys ero-games for himself, so she is able to play and enjoy them as well. In fact, when she became 18, Konata was overjoyed since she could now go buy and play ero-games legally.

Since she spends quite a large sum of money into video games and dōjinshi, Konata was lucky enough to get a part-time job at a cosplay cafe. Continuing with her theme of playing video games, Konata plays the role of a male character in an online game and is married in that world. Her significant other in the game is ironically a male gamer using a female character. She often plays online games late into the night hence why she tends to fall asleep in class, which makes her a frequent victim to Nanako's fists.

Her physique is smaller than average when compared to her peers which hasn't changed since she was in sixth grade. Her appearance is as follows: long bluish-purple hair with a large ahoge, sleepy green eyes and a beauty mole under her right eye just like her father. Her mother, sadly, died when she was young, and she has lived alone with her father afterwards. In her third year of grade school, however, Yutaka came to live at her house, so there are now three members living at her home.

- - -

Lol... I hope this doesn't spam you guys, but Izumi's description has been bugging me a lot lately. I hope you guys don't find this totally annoying. ^^; I just... felt like replacing the words because, gee, it feels similar.

Atashi

* Birthday: November 7th
   * Lives in: Millbrae, CA
   * Blood Type: A
   * Strong subjects: English (however, it isn't her favorite subject)
   * Disliked subjects: Math and science
   * Favourite Foods: Dim sum (?)

Kasumi, nicknamed "Jun-nyan" by her friends, gets bored easily when something doesn't interest her. She can be smart, but she hates studying so her grades are a bit uneasy. However, she is an expert in pulling an "all-nighter". In contrast to her studying habits, she loves video games to the extent that she can compete against Wasabi on knowledge of games. In addition to video games, she loves anime which is also due to her brother's influence along with the games. Her brother also buys ero-games for himself, so she is able to play and enjoy them as well. In fact, when she becomes 18, Kasumi would be overjoyed since she could then go buy and play ero-games legally.

Since she spends quite a large sum of money into video games and dōjinshi, Kasumi was lucky enough to get a part-time job at a cyber cafe. Continuing with her theme of playing video games, Kasumi plays the role of a male character (sometimes) in an online game. Her significant other in the game is ironically a male gamer using a female character. She often plays online games late into the night hence why she tends to fall asleep in class.

Her physique is smaller than average when compared to her peers which hasn't changed since she was in fourth grade. Her appearance is as follows: black hair with a small ahoge, brown eyes and a beauty mole over her lip just like her mother. Her father, sadly, left the family when she was young, and she has lived alone with her mother afterwards. In her fifth year of grade school, however, Simon came to live at her house, so there are now three members living at her home.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Jun-Watarase"Lol... I hope this doesn't spam you guys, but Izumi's description has been bugging me a lot lately. I hope you guys don't find this totally annoying. ^^; I just... felt like replacing the words because, gee, it feels similar.
Well, I hope you don't mind my trio of responses. :3
Quote from: "Jun-Watarase"* Favourite Foods: Dim sum (?)
So, from where on a piece of dim sum do you start eating? >.>
Quote from: "Jun-Watarase"Since she spends quite a large sum of money into video games and dōjinshi, Konata was lucky enough to get a part-time job at a cyber cafe.
You missed a spot~.
epic progressive

vox

Jun-Watarase

Aha~ Sankyuu. :3

Hmm... I like dim sum in general, I guess. ><;

FanimaidCafe.com

Spiritsnare

epic progressive

vox

shortpachoo

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"Episode 1 is now subbed. Grab it on Tosho.

Beat me too it  :D

Gonna wait for someone to release it or wait for them to release a non speed-sub one

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

Spiritsnare

If you have the raw, grab the subs from this release ('tis a softsub - INSTADOWNLOAD!) and ignore the AVI they pack in.

edit ...Wow, the subs need a lot of work. I'll edit it and upload it for direct download.

edit Edited for grammar and some timing problems with the SOS-dan raw: ver0.7 (right click, save as). Rename the file to the raw's file-name and append the .ass extension to it. :3 Or, open it manually in VLC/MPC.
epic progressive

vox

LastElixir

Just finished watching ep1. (raw of course)

EYE EM OH

1. The OP song is pretty ehhh in my book, the melody is rather obnoxious and tries too hard to be original when it doesn't have to. The visuals are entertaining and very very awesome.

2. The plot is indeed fun. I have a huge love for slice-of-life series so girls doing nothing for 23 minutes is entertainment in my book. The feeling to it  is a lot different than the original work imo.

3. Cultural references are pretty important and it may be hard for some people to understand the jokes.

Overall, it felt like it was moe girls crossed with seinfeld, and I want more.

j

Lisu

Finished and loved it.
Food conversations= win.  I like Akira as much as I thought I would and even more.

Seems most of us got the hype wrong though....people were expecting another Haruhi, I thought Pani Poni, but it is more of an Azumanga...which is awesome.

LastElixir

Yea this series is quite amazing IF you like this genre. 15 minute conversations about food makes me happy. It was freaky that Konata eats the same way I do. I also have to add that Hirano did a great job voicing Konata, I didn't expect her voice to be this versatile.

I heard from several sources that this will be a 24 episode series? I'm hoping so.

j

Tsubasa

Awesome.

After skimming those anime blogs, my expectations didn't get too high and the show completely surpassed them.

I similarly <3 the nothing.

Konata is indeed my favorite.  Rep that ice cream to the bottom of the cone! XD  And Kagami is, as I expected, great.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Sunara Ishi

hehe~ I like Akira and Kona-chan as well...

As of now, Kona-chan is my fave and Akira is my #2.

I like how the whole episode was practically just discussing food. >.<
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula