Lucky Star - Uu 19:You can find my people... Everywhere

Started by Chun, April 08, 2007, 06:20:01 AM

Tsubasa

Episode 8:

All I have to say is that Kagami is a picture of elegance. XD

I'll fish for references later.  Like J said, there's few.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

LastElixir

hmmm, references references...

-The game footage parodied while Konata runs the 100m dash is probably that old school game "Track and Field". I like how it has "Kyonani" displayed in the game screen.

-When Konata says "Onna no ko wa elegant ni", it's probably a reference to Lumiere's quote she says often in "Kiddy Grade". Who of course, is voiced by Aya Hirano as well.

-The ending theme sung by Konata is "Monkey Magic". A classic and one of the biggest hits by the band "Godaigo". Monkey Magic was the theme song for the hit TV series "Saiyuuki" (Journey to the West) in the late 70s.

J

shortpachoo

Thus doesn't have to do with an episode of Lucky Star but I was wondering if anyone knew what the video game for the DS is about.  

Just noticed it on the Media Create Chart for this week (not bad for first week)

3. Shin Lucky * Star Moe Drill: Tabidachi (DS) - 30,397

Edit:
Also something for Kagami fans (it is about half way threw the video)

http://kotaku.com/gaming/clip/amazing-otaku-wii-picture-browser-art-264340.php

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

LastElixir

Quote from: "shortpachoo"Thus doesn't have to do with an episode of Lucky Star but I was wondering if anyone knew what the video game for the DS is about.  

Just noticed it on the Media Create Chart for this week (not bad for first week)

Edit:
Also something for Kagami fans (it is about half way threw the video)

http://kotaku.com/gaming/clip/amazing-otaku-wii-picture-browser-art-264340.php

that's horribly amazing, cant believe someone would actually spend time on something like that, but thats Japan.

Sunara Ishi

るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Raydere

Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

Jun-Watarase

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Tsubasa

It has come to my attention that the first three spoken lines in the OP are a direct parody of the OP to the anime series Kaibutsu-kun.  Here's the OP.

I'll scan through episode 9 for references tonight or something.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

LastElixir

Quote from: "Tsubasa"It has come to my attention that the first three spoken lines in the OP are a direct parody of the OP to the anime series Kaibutsu-kun.  Here's the OP.

I'll scan through episode 9 for references tonight or something.

HOLY CRAP you're right. I can't believe I didn't catch this, I used to watch that show because it was after Doraemon.

Good catch sir, very good. /respect

j

neko ewen

Quote from: "shortpachoo"Thus doesn't have to do with an episode of Lucky Star but I was wondering if anyone knew what the video game for the DS is about.  

My understanding is that it's a quiz game; hence it's "drill" as in homework drills. It also has some kind of adventure mode where you do quizzes as you head to Akihabara. I'm sorely tempted to buy it (Lucky Star is my new favorite anime), but I'll have to hold off on spending that $40 or so.
Yaruki Zero Games | Ask me about Maid RPG
"I dream heavy metal but I live whiny punk rock."

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: "neko ewen"

My understanding is that it's a quiz game; hence it's "drill" as in homework drills. It also has some kind of adventure mode where you do quizzes as you head to Akihabara. I'm sorely tempted to buy it (Lucky Star is my new favorite anime), but I'll have to hold off on spending that $40 or so.

You pretty much do math equations against an opponent, as fast as you can. When you get them right, they take damage. There's a small time limit for each equation, and it won't go to the next one until you either get it right, or run out of time. I think you take damage, yourself, if you don't get it right.

But they're pretty simple math problems.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

-zoxan-

That actually sounds like fun. Download ka shira?

Someone buy me a PuchiPuchi Prease~

Ska_Kitti

QUESTION.
Has anyone seen the Lucky Star commercials? xD They are adorable little things.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Jun-Watarase

NEW WORD TO DESCRIBE KAGAMI. (Not tsundere?)

Discuss, because Sebastian told us to.

FanimaidCafe.com

Spiritsnare

I'd rather discuss the awesome team of store employees.
epic progressive

vox

Jun-Watarase

FanimaidCafe.com

Lisu

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Jun-Watarase"Tsukasa in pigtails <3

God-tier.
epic progressive

vox

RyuHayabusa

I rep the old school store employees. They are so over the top and so super giant robot style lol XD
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Sunara Ishi

I'm going to white areas in case I mention spoilers.

Shiraishi's comments on tsundere were awesome and quite true.
I dunno about a word though... I know there are a lot of characters and people that fall into kagami's category. The whole being cold to outsiders/people who aren't too close and being nice to people you are close with is quite different from becoming affectionate over time. I disagree over the the statement that people misunderstand the word... its just that there are no other words to describe people like kagami.

The whole time, I kept feeling that certain members of this board could have been up there in his place... XD

Now onto the store employees... that was quite awesome and amusing.
I like how the guys were all so shonen but the girl was rather moe. XP Though I do say I like Konata's rejection of them. >.<

I really like Konata's dad. I wonder how many of us might potentially become just like him and treat a daughter that way. Ow~
Kona-chan's cousin... the police girl... I think she just overlooks the whole age thing and such when its Konata involved... She obviously knows her cousin and thinks she can handle that stuff. She's not going to take away konata's eroge... Konata's so serious about it that she might refuse to let her borrow manga. XP Plus she seems very lax as in on upholding the law when she's off work.

Konata's dad>Akira. XP

Let's see... current rankings..
1. Konata.
2. Kagami
3. Soujirou (Konata's dad)
4. Nanako (Teacher)
5. Miyuki
6. Tsukasa
7. Cop cousin (Yui?)
8. Shiraishi
9. Akira
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula